FleishmanHillard Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Interview

I initially went in for an informational interview and was met with a wealth of information. Very hard-working, but fun work culture. Felt at ease, and was able to get all my questions answered.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my background and interests to get an idea of where I would fit into the company.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FleishmanHillard (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Fellowship back in March. I was not contacted for a phone interview until early May. I had the phone interview and then I sent a follow up email about the next steps. I then had a Skype interview because I was out of the area. After the Skype interview I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, Weaknesses, Challenges   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Interview

It was a three step interview process. Pretty easy standard questions with a writing test. The process took entirely too long though. I had to wait a month after my final interview.

PR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Interview

I did a Skype interview which was easy to schedule and only took about 30 minutes. It was nice because I didn't have to go in person. The interview wasn't bad at all, everyone was very nice and polite and it didn't feel awkward at all. The only downside to this type of interview is that they can't really see you and get an accurate first impression like they can in an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What field of PR are you most interested in and why?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe a time when you were pressed to finish an assignment and how you managed to do so?   1 Answer
    • What aspect of PR do you want to focus on and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard- the first interview was a phone screen, then an in person interview with 3-5 people. In my interview, 3 VP's were scheduled to call in, and there were two additional employees in the room interviewing me. I received my offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Fleishman Hillard? Tell us about yourself. Some time management/ behavioral questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in April 2015.

Interview

Online, Application then phone screening. Didn't make it past that round. A little disappointed that they said they would follow up and never did. I find that to be unprofessional. Even an automated rejection email would have been better than nothing.

Interview Questions

• Asked about relocating to that city since I'm a graduating senior. Asked about my previous experience. Really the usual stuff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and all over the phone.They asked me questions about my previous internship experience and how I overcame certain issues within those internships. I did not feel that any of the questions were difficult, but I did take time to prepare in advance. In total, I had 4 phone interviews and a writing test. I made it to the final two, but unfortunately the other candidate was chosen.

Interview Questions

• Describe any problems you encountered at X, and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by four individuals. The questions were fairly easy and they were mostly interested in my background. I also took a PR knowledge test in which I was given scenarios that interns usually encounter. The test included AP style, writing a press release and gathering reporter information.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging moment you had at work and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Social Content Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Too drawn out and unpredictable. After the first interview, I had my second interview abruptly rescheduled three times. By the third attempt to reschedule, I told them I was no longer interested in the job. It was obvious throughout interview, they were looking for specific keywords and didn't fully listen.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter in St. Louis, in person interview in Detroit. Met with executives first then immediate supervisor. They focus more on personality and whether or not someone will fit in, rather than skills and experience. It's a young group and the Detroit offices focuses solely on social media for Chevy.