FleishmanHillard

2.9

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in March 2014.

From first call to final decline, it took almost four months. Very dragged out and a rather unprofessional process. I interviewed with eight people over that time. The recruiter took over two weeks after each interview to even respond back to me. It is unprofessional to waste a candidate's time. I felt like they were using me as a back up until they found someone better. That's a lot of wasted thank you letters. I will never interview with this firm again nor recommend to my many friends in the business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard.

1st: phone interview. 2nd: in-person interview. 3rd: in-person interview with multiple people and a written test (writing a pitch)

Interview Questions
    • Writing a pitch (about a new health drink) in a timed setting.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard.

The hiring process was coordinated almost exclusively through FH's corporate office in St. Louis. This was fine logistically, but took out some of the personal experience that tends to come with interviewing for a new career. My only interactions with the office where I would be working came with my face-to-face interview (I had an initial phone interview with the St. Louis recruiter) and writing test. It was difficult to gauge whether I was a good fit for the office because of this process.

Interview Questions
    • FH prides itself on hiring PR professionals with backgrounds in journalism, or close ties to the journalism industry. You will be asked to name journalists that you know and have relationships with.   Answer Question
    FH uses the hiring practice of many other firms - they ask you what your ideal salary will be and what your current salary is. This puts pressure on the applicant to downplay your salary expectations - don't! FH matched my "target" salary right off the bat, which made me wish I had asked for more initially.

Internship, Diversity Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Getting in contact with FH was fairly simple. I was sent an email form my university communications department regarding internship opportunities. FH had a brochure attached in which they informed potential applicants to send a resume to a specified email. Once they had my resume they contacted me within about a week or two to schedule an interview. If I remember correctly I had one phone and two in persons. After not getting the internship I was also interviewed for the Fellowship. This was more informal since I had prior contact due to the internship interview. I was not offered a position- partially due to a lack of funding. However, my interviews went well with my first round being more laxed than the latter two.

Interview Questions
    • By the 3rd round the questions were tough. The fellowship interview was hardest because I met a lot of tough people that were high up in the company. It was a while ago so I don't remember many questions.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

interviewed at FleishmanHillard in August 2013.

FleishmanHillard has an intensive interview process, in large part because the firm places a strong emphasis on corporate culture and bringing in "the right people." The interview process includes an initial call with the talent development coordinator, a phone interview with a team member, an in-person interview with four team members and a two-hour writing exam. The interview itself is very informal and more conversational than other interviews I've experienced.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at FleishmanHillard in July 2013.

Met with three people, interview took about 3 hours (2 hours for a test). Generally was a positive experience. Was offered a position two weeks later, which I did accept. I did not think the interview process was difficult, and everyone I spoke with was a good experience. Did take a few weeks between initial contact and phone call to set up interview.

Managing Supervisor Interview

The people who interviewed me were a bit aloof. Also, I was a bit insulted by the question of why I wasn't higher up on the ladder already. This is largely based on the fact that my husband's career has moved us around the country, but not relevant.

Interview Questions

This company is a machine. I was told that half of my time would be spent on new business, which isn't a good sign for an account team position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in April 2013.

Initially communicated with HR via email. Then was contacted by intern program coordinators to schedule a 30-minute interview at the office. The interview was relatively light, focused mainly on discussing my studies and resume experience. They called later in the week to offer me a spot in the program.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a recent example in the news of a company that you think employed PR in a smart way, and why.   Answer Question
    Interns are offered a base salary rate that's not negotiable.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Multiple rounds of in-person interviews over the course of several months. Took a writing test, which was straightforward, but timed. Most of the in-person interview questions were about my background and job-related experience, less behavior-based questions. Met with all levels to learn more about the job and culture of the team I would be joining.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question asked was one that put me on the spot about my industry knowledge for the position for which I was applying.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in March 2013.

Phone screen, then interviewed in-person with 3 people a few weeks later.