FleishmanHillard

Updated Dec 19, 2014

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in September 2012.

I actually started at Fleishman as an intern, then I became an Alfred Fleishman Fellow and finally I was hired as an Assistant Account Executive. I first interviewed with the intern coordinators in the office. A day later I was interviewed by those on the team I would be working for. A day later I got a call for the internship, everything after that was more of an internal move up the ladder.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really out of the ordinary. Asked about recent events. The typical interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Two interviews were conducted. The first interview was over the phone and the second was a 3 hour long interview in their office in Dallas, TX. The phone interview went really well. It was about 30 minutes long and very in depth. We went over my resume and they asked a lot of traditional interview questions. The second interview was in their office. I met with two people in a room, one person from the traditional side of PR and the other from digital. That interview was question intensive and situational oriented and lasted about an hour. Then I took a five part test that covered a wide range of PR skills. Two weeks later they called me and offered me the internship. I accepted and had a great experience that increased my skill set.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to take a fall for someone else? What are your weaknesses and how are you going about improving them? When was a time that you struggled in a work environment and how to you recover from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in July 2012.

The interview was very comfortable. Both the phone and Skype (or inperson depending on geographic location) were with the same two members of the intern committee. They were friendly and helpful.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in July 2012.

Most hires are because you know someone there or you came up through the internship program as compatibility is a huge factor. They treat you like you are being invited to a family so you who you are as person is just as important as the work you can produce.

Interview Questions
    • The questions aren't challenging as they aren't trying to stump you, just give you an opportunity to share who you are   Answer Question
    I took what was offered

Talent Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in February 2012.

Was called by an intern. She set up the interview with the hiring manager and supervisor.

Short.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in April 2011.

Initial contact with the company was very tedious - I was basically shuttled back and forth between HR in HQ and HR in the office that I wanted to join for almost 2 months before I had real contact with anyone. After scheduling the interview, the process was must faster and smoother and I was asked to complete a writing test right away, to be returned within the hour. After the interviewer assessed my writing test, I was given a phone interview which lasted almost an hour. The interviewer was very accommodating of my schedule and she was stern, but also eager to share her hiring process/working experience with the company. Her questions varied a lot, and I sometimes found myself scrambling for answers since it didn't feel like her questions were prepared in a set order. Fortunately, I received an official offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Internet age has changed our ways to communicate. What do you think makes a good communication tool and how do you think the current trending tools on the market (Twitter, Facebook, etc) should be used to further our services?   Answer Question
    It was an internship so I did not think it would be appropriate to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in March 2011.

Responded immediately that my materials were receieved.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in October 2010.

Following a phone interview with a recruiter, I was brought in for in-person interviews. I spoke with 4 people from various levels of the department. Following the interview, I had to complete a writing test. I was given one hour to write a press release and marketing plan.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part was writing a press release and entire marketing plan in only an hour.   Answer Question

One of the interviewers told me that they required 50 hours a week minimum in the office. There's a big difference between minimum and average. That was not something I could commit to at that point in my life.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in June 2010.

After interning with Fleishman-Hillard for about a year, they were very friendly and open to putting me in touch with the right people in order to apply for a full-time position. They did warn me they take a long time to move along with the process, and they weren't lying. I applied in mid-March and didn't have a phone interview until late April, and then was invited for a face-to-face interview with 3 different people in mid-June. Although I was not offered a job, it took them another 3 weeks after the interview to tell me.

However, everyone I interacted with and met with was extremely positive and engaging, and I always felt comfortable.

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dale, IL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in February 2010.

The phone interview was laid back, literally a get-to-know you chat. Was contacted within a week with an invitation to an in-office interview. 4 interviewers - all super nice and laid back, went over my resume, etc. Had a writing test, which included research and proofreading.

Interview Questions
    • How would you create a campaign around a location-based phone application?   Answer Question