Fleming's Prime Steakhouse

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse

Bartender Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse.

Took a very long food and beverage test, before I could interview and after I turned in application. No personality test. It was strictly food beverage ,wine knowledge. conserning regions as well as affliations and varietals.

Interview Questions
    • I guess i didn't expect the test to go into so much depth. Lucky for me, I knew close to all answers.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any room for negotiating. its minimum wage plus tips and tipout.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

interviewed at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse in April 2012.

Patrick English was the Operating Partner of Fleming's Steakhouse and Wine Bar in Radnor Pennsylvania, and he was very polite and knowledgable. It was approximately one hour long and I got the job! The orientation could have been better but the manager in charge of orientation was fired short after my hire.

Interview Questions
    • Every question was straight forward and directly related to the job requirements so there was no curveballs, if you know the food service industry you're fine.   View Answer
    none.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse in October 2008.

I met with the Operating Partner who owned the restaurant- as all flemings are chains in which an OP buys in and owns a piece of the business. Then I met with the Bar Manager. I was asked a lot of questions about previous experience and about my knowledge of wine--- I had a lot of previous experience but knew next to nothing about wine. Since Flemings is a Steakhouse and Wine Bar, I could sense their hesitation. My upfrontness with them however showed that I was an honest worker. I was hired because of my honesty and experience, and was told that they would train me on wines as we went along. I was offered the job on the same day I walked into the bar to hand in my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Name all the grapes that can be in a Bordeaux.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation on salary since Bartending is based on tips. They did offer more money per hour for bartending than they did for serving, so I was happy with my compensation.

Manager Interview

Interviews with all managers as well as a regional manager. An assessment of previous experience in hospitality as well as personality profiling. The entire process took about a week and a half to get through. This was followed by almost 6 weeks of training.

Yes there was a negotiation.