Fleming's Prime Steakhouse

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bartender Interview

Bartender

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse.

Interview Details – Took a very long food and beverage test, before I could interview and after I turned in application. No personality test. It was strictly food beverage ,wine knowledge. conserning regions as well as affliations and varietals.

Interview Question – I guess i didn't expect the test to go into so much depth. Lucky for me, I knew close to all answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any room for negotiating. its minimum wage plus tips and tipout.

Server Interview

Server
Radnor, PA

I interviewed at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse in April 2012.

Interview Details – Patrick English was the Operating Partner of Fleming's Steakhouse and Wine Bar in Radnor Pennsylvania, and he was very polite and knowledgable. It was approximately one hour long and I got the job! The orientation could have been better but the manager in charge of orientation was fired short after my hire.

Interview Question – Every question was straight forward and directly related to the job requirements so there was no curveballs, if you know the food service industry you're fine.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none.

Very Easy Interview

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Beavercreek, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse in October 2008.

Interview Details – I met with the Operating Partner who owned the restaurant- as all flemings are chains in which an OP buys in and owns a piece of the business. Then I met with the Bar Manager. I was asked a lot of questions about previous experience and about my knowledge of wine--- I had a lot of previous experience but knew next to nothing about wine. Since Flemings is a Steakhouse and Wine Bar, I could sense their hesitation. My upfrontness with them however showed that I was an honest worker. I was hired because of my honesty and experience, and was told that they would train me on wines as we went along. I was offered the job on the same day I walked into the bar to hand in my resume.

Interview Question – Name all the grapes that can be in a Bordeaux.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on salary since Bartending is based on tips. They did offer more money per hour for bartending than they did for serving, so I was happy with my compensation.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interview Details – Interviews with all managers as well as a regional manager. An assessment of previous experience in hospitality as well as personality profiling. The entire process took about a week and a half to get through. This was followed by almost 6 weeks of training.

Negotiation Details – Yes there was a negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fleming's Prime Steakhouse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fleming's Prime Steakhouse employees and interview candidates.