FlexTrade Systems Inc.

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

3.1

Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc..

After applying they contacted me with a code test with different sorting and calculating algorithms. Average difficulty. It was doable. After they reviewed the result of the code test I had a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minutes long mainly about skills review, technical questions and tricky algorithm questions held by a developer.

Senior Associate C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in October 2014.

First round is a 2 hours' code review, this part is easy. Second round is a 30 mins' technical phone interview. They asked C++ basic questions. These are not hard actually, it was my fault that I was not well prepared...

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc..

I passed the code review and was invited to on-site. I got two tests in their Great Neck office, one was a bunch of C++ conceptual questions and the other one was a few algorithmic/data structures programming questions. The tests were easy. Then the first interviewer went over my answers and asked a few questions. Then he asked many more questions about C++, object-oriented, multi-threading. Some of the C++ questions were hard. The second interviewer gave me a system design and an algorithmic questions.

My first interviewer was not a nice person. He laughed at me several times and I didn't have a pleasant conversation with him. But the second interviewer was good.

My interview day started at 10am and it took until 1pm. I was hungry during my last interview and that affected my performance. They didn't offer any kind of stack or food. I would have taken food if I knew this before.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the C++ object oriented questions were hard for me. But if you read about them, you will be fine.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc..

Online test and then onsite interview

C++ Software Developer for OMS Team Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc..

My phone interview process is unpleasant. The interviewer is in hurry and asked some questions very very quickly. Though I am mentally prepared that interviewee is not taken care of according to other's comments. I am still shocked. The questions I got seem to be random and I can feel he is making questions on the fly. I even guess the person does not prepared an interview with me at all. I am very disappointed.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in April 2013.

Contacted by HR, there was online c++ test which was not difficult, then was setup for phone interview.
    Questions on map, set, unnamed namespaces,multithreading, dynamic cast

Interview Questions
    • seemed like Interviewer was in a lot of hurry, he didnt give me even a second to breath or to even understand and process the question in my mind. Felt like he was not at all interested in taking this interview.   Answer Question

Research and Development Associate Interview

I handed in my resume at our career fair. They contacted me 2 weeks later, I think.
    Nothing special, just a phone interview. You don't need to write code on the shared document online. The phone interview lasted for 30 minutes. They just asked some basic c++ questions. The interviewer is friendly.

Interview Questions
    • 1 Difference between a struct and class
      2 reference and pointer
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in April 2012.

Had a first round of C++ test online, Then the second round was telephonic which had basic c++ queations. The Onsite interview was two rounds, First round was general resume based questions and second round was questions exactly same from the interview but with detailed explanations required for each answer.

Java Swing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in March 2012.

So the process started with a very simple test on Core Java. Main areas covered would be: bit manipulation, scope, exception handling.

I was asked the next day for an phone interview.

The details are:

1> Interviewer initially asked me queries on my current job and what exactly we are doing
    2> He asked the following tech question then:
          "Would a singleton instance need to be synchronized to ensure sequential access"? I said "Yes"
    3> Then he asked me on providing a brief overview of Collections class in Java.
    4> The interviewer than asked me about the difference between Vector and ArrayList. I pointed out that Vector is a legacy class and not part of Collections framework. Additionally, all methods in Vector are sync'ed while ArrayList is not sync'ed. The interviewer then specifically asked me about memory mgmt. To which I replied that ArrayList increases its size by (3/2+1) * original size. The interviewer than said that ArrayList uses Arrays.copyOf() while Vector does not, WHICH IS INCORRECT !! Both use Arrays.copyOf() method to increase the size. The only difference might be that Vector size increases by 2 times whereas ArrayList increases by (3/2+1) times.

I got a letter after 3 days stating that I won't be interviewed further.

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in November 2011.

Passed the online test, 1st round of interview went well - C++ questions. 2nd round interviewer sounded busy and was interrupted by somebody and phone screen completed in 25 minutes.