FlexTrade Systems Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

C++ Developer Interview

C++ Developer
Great Neck, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc..

Interview Details – I passed the code review and was invited to on-site. I got two tests in their Great Neck office, one was a bunch of C++ conceptual questions and the other one was a few algorithmic/data structures programming questions. The tests were easy. Then the first interviewer went over my answers and asked a few questions. Then he asked many more questions about C++, object-oriented, multi-threading. Some of the C++ questions were hard. The second interviewer gave me a system design and an algorithmic questions.

My first interviewer was not a nice person. He laughed at me several times and I didn't have a pleasant conversation with him. But the second interviewer was good.

My interview day started at 10am and it took until 1pm. I was hungry during my last interview and that affected my performance. They didn't offer any kind of stack or food. I would have taken food if I knew this before.

Interview Question – Some of the C++ object oriented questions were hard for me. But if you read about them, you will be fine.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Associate Software Developer
Great Neck, NY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc..

Interview Details – Online test and then onsite interview

Interview Question – Just basic C++, GDB and multi threading questions   Answer Question

Great Neck, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in April 2012.

Interview Details – Had a first round of C++ test online, Then the second round was telephonic which had basic c++ queations. The Onsite interview was two rounds, First round was general resume based questions and second round was questions exactly same from the interview but with detailed explanations required for each answer.

Interview Question – Questions related to Polymorphism   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

C++ Developer
Great Neck, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in November 2011.

Interview Details – Passed the online test, 1st round of interview went well - C++ questions. 2nd round interviewer sounded busy and was interrupted by somebody and phone screen completed in 25 minutes.

Interview Question – volatile keyword with multithreading   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Great Neck, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 rounds of telephone interviews.
after that they called me for F2F interview.
Was given 3 hr written test ( directly writing programs C++ using Visual studio).
I did good on that.
first person (american) came and interviewed me, it was good, asked technical questions, he is positive,
sent another person ( Indian ), asked 2 analytical questions. I was able to answer 1 completly, other one I was given a hint, but the second person who interviewed me is more unprofessional, he should not have asked analytical quesions, I am a strong C++ developer, I already had 2 firm offers one from Citi and other from Wells Fargo, they should have asked questions relevent to my experience/resume.

the minimum ethics should be followed during the interview, I have attended several interviews, but this is the worst I have attended, most of the interviews are technical C/C++/Unix Internals/Threads etc.

what I noticed is , majority of developers are Indians ( which is not a good sign) , benefits, 401K max they match only 3%, not mentioned anything about the bonus in the benefits package.

Interview Questions

Junior Accounting Interview

Junior Accounting
Great Neck, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in February 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview process Flextrade does is phone interview. HR will ask you a few questions on the phone. Once you pass the phone interview, you meet with a Staff and Senior Accountant and possibly the Manager. Overall, it was a good interview.

Interview Question – What is your short and long term goal?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online thru company website, Online test then one phone interview, standard questions on C++, virtual fn definition, ptrs,ref, operator overloading, polymorphism, unix commands, interviewer was very friendly, waiting to hear back

Interview Question – file transfer   View Answer

C++ Software Developer Interview

C++ Software Developer
Great Neck, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in July 2010.

Interview Details – Written test and interviewed people. What I would really like to interview with is the manager of the group I would be in. I was a bit tense and rushing despite appearing relaxed. Oh well.

Interview Question – Something to do with void main().   View Answers (2)

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in July 2010.

Interview Details – a test taken from PROVEIT about c++
you just need to prepare

Interview Question – how to declare a pointer to pointer and use it   View Answer

Associate Software Developer Interview

Associate Software Developer
Great Neck, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in June 2010.

Interview Details – firstly I did a test, wrote on paper, with approximately 10 questions. Need to write a sorting algorithm. what is polymorphism, why destructor is defined virtual. one question on multi thread programming, need to consider use of semaphore. three threads need to operate accordingly in a certain sequence. use semaphore to control sequence of access.

Interview Question – How to use concurrency to make matrix multiply computation faster? what is the complexity?   View Answers (3)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at FlexTrade Systems Inc.

Worked for FlexTrade Systems Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FlexTrade Systems Inc. interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by FlexTrade Systems Inc. employees and interview candidates.