FlexTrade Systems Inc. Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The first round was a code review in c++.After clearing that round they asked me to schedule a 30 min telephonic interview,the interviewer asked me basic c++ question.After clearing this round there was a skype interview where the interviewer asked me questions about my resume.
    After clearing this round they called me onsite.In onsite interview there were 3 rounds 1st was a c++ test,second round was with an interviewer who asked me questions based on the test and a Data structure question,third round was with another interviewer who asked me questions about pointers and memory mapping and some questions related to my resume.

Interview Questions

• Polymorphisim
      Diff between new and malloc
      Find substring in a string

Answer Question

Senior Associate C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

First round is a 2 hours' code review, this part is easy. Second round is a 30 mins' technical phone interview. They asked C++ basic questions. These are not hard actually, it was my fault that I was not well prepared...

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY).

Interview

I passed the code review and was invited to on-site. I got two tests in their Great Neck office, one was a bunch of C++ conceptual questions and the other one was a few algorithmic/data structures programming questions. The tests were easy. Then the first interviewer went over my answers and asked a few questions. Then he asked many more questions about C++, object-oriented, multi-threading. Some of the C++ questions were hard. The second interviewer gave me a system design and an algorithmic questions.

My first interviewer was not a nice person. He laughed at me several times and I didn't have a pleasant conversation with him. But the second interviewer was good.

My interview day started at 10am and it took until 1pm. I was hungry during my last interview and that affected my performance. They didn't offer any kind of stack or food. I would have taken food if I knew this before.

Interview Questions

• Some of the C++ object oriented questions were hard for me. But if you read about them, you will be fine.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY).

Interview

Online test and then onsite interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Had a first round of C++ test online, Then the second round was telephonic which had basic c++ queations. The Onsite interview was two rounds, First round was general resume based questions and second round was questions exactly same from the interview but with detailed explanations required for each answer.

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Passed the online test, 1st round of interview went well - C++ questions. 2nd round interviewer sounded busy and was interrupted by somebody and phone screen completed in 25 minutes.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I had 2 rounds of telephone interviews.
    after that they called me for F2F interview.
    Was given 3 hr written test ( directly writing programs C++ using Visual studio).
    I did good on that.
    first person (american) came and interviewed me, it was good, asked technical questions, he is positive,
    sent another person ( Indian ), asked 2 analytical questions. I was able to answer 1 completly, other one I was given a hint, but the second person who interviewed me is more unprofessional, he should not have asked analytical quesions, I am a strong C++ developer, I already had 2 firm offers one from Citi and other from Wells Fargo, they should have asked questions relevent to my experience/resume.

the minimum ethics should be followed during the interview, I have attended several interviews, but this is the worst I have attended, most of the interviews are technical C/C++/Unix Internals/Threads etc.

what I noticed is , majority of developers are Indians ( which is not a good sign) , benefits, 401K max they match only 3%, not mentioned anything about the bonus in the benefits package.

Junior Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (Great Neck, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The first interview process Flextrade does is phone interview. HR will ask you a few questions on the phone. Once you pass the phone interview, you meet with a Staff and Senior Accountant and possibly the Manager. Overall, it was a good interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied online thru company website, Online test then one phone interview, standard questions on C++, virtual fn definition, ptrs,ref, operator overloading, polymorphism, unix commands, interviewer was very friendly, waiting to hear back

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

a test taken from PROVEIT about c++
    you just need to prepare

Interview Questions

• how to declare a pointer to pointer and use it   1 Answer