FlexTrade Systems Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Great Neck, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 rounds of telephone interviews.
after that they called me for F2F interview.
Was given 3 hr written test ( directly writing programs C++ using Visual studio).
I did good on that.
first person (american) came and interviewed me, it was good, asked technical questions, he is positive,
sent another person ( Indian ), asked 2 analytical questions. I was able to answer 1 completly, other one I was given a hint, but the second person who interviewed me is more unprofessional, he should not have asked analytical quesions, I am a strong C++ developer, I already had 2 firm offers one from Citi and other from Wells Fargo, they should have asked questions relevent to my experience/resume.

the minimum ethics should be followed during the interview, I have attended several interviews, but this is the worst I have attended, most of the interviews are technical C/C++/Unix Internals/Threads etc.

what I noticed is , majority of developers are Indians ( which is not a good sign) , benefits, 401K max they match only 3%, not mentioned anything about the bonus in the benefits package.

Interview Questions

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in October 2013.

Interview Details – The initial step was to peer review a very badly written little project.

Once you pass this stage you have to do a technical test onsite. The test consists of 3 sections and contains about 15 questions.

The test wasn't difficult but time is very limited. By the time I got to the last section I had 5mins left to complete it.

I don't understand what they are trying to test you on.

The tests involved writing methods to do all sorts with an array like sorting it and so on. Questions about what the output of some code would be. And finally questions on inner classes.

Interview Question – Write an Inner classes to do some calculation. Wasn't hard but had run out of time.   Answer Question

Worked for FlexTrade Systems Inc.? Contribute to the Community!