FlexTrade Systems Inc.

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in April 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR, there was online c++ test which was not difficult, then was setup for phone interview.
Questions on map, set, unnamed namespaces,multithreading, dynamic cast

Interview Question – seemed like Interviewer was in a lot of hurry, he didnt give me even a second to breath or to even understand and process the question in my mind. Felt like he was not at all interested in taking this interview.   Answer Question

Great Neck, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in April 2012.

Interview Details – Had a first round of C++ test online, Then the second round was telephonic which had basic c++ queations. The Onsite interview was two rounds, First round was general resume based questions and second round was questions exactly same from the interview but with detailed explanations required for each answer.

Interview Question – Questions related to Polymorphism   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online thru company website, Online test then one phone interview, standard questions on C++, virtual fn definition, ptrs,ref, operator overloading, polymorphism, unix commands, interviewer was very friendly, waiting to hear back

Interview Question – file transfer   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in July 2010.

Interview Details – a test taken from PROVEIT about c++
you just need to prepare

Interview Question – how to declare a pointer to pointer and use it   View Answer

Nyack, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewer was friendly and helpful

Interview Question – explain extern keyword   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in March 2010.

Interview Details – Online C++ Test , after that 2 phone interview on C++ and algorithms

Interview Question – N/A   View Answers (2)

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was more of technical test. Very difficult!

Interview Question – Technical questions were quite tough   Answer Question

Software Engineer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in August 2011.

Interview Details – Starts out like any prestigious job interview in this industry: screener test, phone interview, and onsite. The technicals are very advanced getting into nitty gritty stuff that not everyone uses, I'd rate it at a slightly lower level than my current job at a top-tier trading firm. Preparing for this job interview should get you in good shape for top-tier firms.

Look at interview questions at other big shops to get an idea. I made it to the onsite, I did very well, met with 6+ people before meeting the boss. All of these poeple focused on technical aspects. Did not click well with the boss and that was pretty much the end of it. Our discussion was very non-technical, he was looking for something in particular, looking at glassdoor I think it was salary and also my other personal commitments that turned him off.

Like any interviewee who thinks about his future, I am also interviewing the company to see if it was a good match. My overall impression of the company is that they do not invest in their people, I can tell just by looking at the office. Very plain, looks like an 80's style arrangement with cheap carpet and drywall and plain fluorescent lighting. Did not have that "aura" where you immediate realize there is some serious stuff going on here. Maybe 100 people in there but only 2 toilets good luck. Long drive to the middle of nowhere too, residential area, not much chance to network with people at other companies. I would've taken the job at the time given the circumstances, but I didn't feel that bad that I didn't get it. Much happier with where I am now. Also, contrary to the name, they do not appear to do any actual trading, so their P/L and hence compensation is bounded.

Interview Question – detailed questions on exceptions, inheritance, templates, memory layout.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at FlexTrade Systems Inc. in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was given a test online. 16 questions / 30 min.
Some questions contained a big code, have to scroll down and up all the time.
Time yourself because there is no way to say how much time you have left.
Questions are very tricky and require preparation.

Interview Question – given the snapshots of the code and 4-5 possible answers   Answer Question

Worked for FlexTrade Systems Inc.? Contribute to the Community!