Flextronics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.6

Test Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Flextronics.

Interview

very professional and friendly staff. They seemed like they really wanted to help me. overall very pleasant interview. staff is very knowledgable on the company and want you to get the job

Materials Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Flextronics.

Interview

I interviewed with both H.R. and the hiring Director and it it seem to go well. Received a tour of the recently opened facility and was quite impressed by the plant and the warmness of the Interviewer. I was well qualified and he discussed the next interview would be with the V.P. The one upsetting thing was the lack of any fallow up whatsoever. No call, no email even a post card. I understand choosing a different applicant but no fallow up is bad form.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about my knowledge on the BAAN ERP system   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Face to face interviews with several individuals (manager/directors/VPs). My current employer was contacted to discuss my salary. They committed a major violation of accepted practices, basic etiquette and common sense. It was a reckless approach taken despite other avenues that would have been made available for them to pursue for this information if they would have simply asked for my consent.

Human Resource Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Flextronics.

Interview

Applied online and heard from a recruiter shortly after. I had an initial phone interview with an HR Manager who was very informative and welcoming. The next day I was scheduled for an in person interview with that same manager and the director of HR, and the interview went great. I could tell right away that these were the people I wanted to work with and this was the company I wanted to work for. They didn't call me back for a few weeks, but when they did it was to extend an offer so it was a pleasant surprise.

Interb Interview

Interview

The HR interview was very interesting as they asked questions pertaining to the history of the company and product positioning. The interview with the manager was a very good experience and very smooth.Simple questions, friendly interview. Very well balanced questions. More behavioral questions than technical questions.

Program Manager-2 Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Flextronics in December 2014.

Interview

Detailed interviews with Senior director and 2nd line managers to discuss background and experience. Friendly people. I was invited for 2nd interview with the VP.
    Interview was focused on both my resume and what is expected to for the PM role.

Interview Questions

• Focused questions on manufacturing process and managing a complex project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

One week to discuss the offer package.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at the Americ Center HQ and never saw the Milpitas facility which frankly is a sweat shop. The person who recommended me opennly told me not to accept the job and I thought he was kinding. After two weeks, I found out that he was honest and truthful.
    Accepting this position was a mistake on my part.

Interview Questions

• We are rapidlly moving and often change directions - how will you deal with that?   Answer Question
    • We are a very low margin organization. how does that effect how you manage your team's resources?   Answer Question
    • We deal with some very difficult people - how will you deal with them?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Flextronics (Milpitas, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

2 weeks after applying online I received an email from the technical recruiter whom then sent my info to someone in their shared services center to make an appt for my phone interview.

The interviewer for the phone interview was late but he apologized. He also cut the interview short because he liked that he can hear my passion for HR even though the phone. I was very excited. He was laid back and all my interactions with him I enjoyed.

I got to meet with the person who interviewed with me over the phone. He was great to talk to. After I met with the person who if went well I would learn from. She was very professional but all business which of course is understandable.

Two weeks later on a Monday, I called to do a follow up and she told me she would let me know by the end of the week, Friday. Friday and Monday came, I called and left voicemails and emails, no reply back.

Today, Tuesday I got an email back from the recruiter that first contacted with me and she told me they extended an Offer on Friday and received an acceptance from someone else on Monday. I found all this out on Tuesday and from someone else.

Of course I am a bit disappointed, I would have appreciated if the person who interviewed me told me I didn't get the internship and if she had told me why. But I can only learn from this experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 strengths? What are your 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Flextronics (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Corporate recruitment excellent. Good first impression with company. Site/local Human Resources very very slow and unorganized. Seems as if burn-out has set in. Not very helpful with initial benefit enrollment process. Corporate HR site handles everything (decent once you figure out that that is what you use; local site does nothing really but forward paperwork you turn in).

Interview Questions

• Surprised email sent 1 week after interview stating that they forgotten to ask me question and ask me to call for question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes..negotiation went well

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Flextronics (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Normal process. Phone screen by recruiter. Then hiring manager. On site visit. Personality screen, background check, no drug screen. Onboarding a but cumberson. Computer/phone not ready when you arrive.