Flextronics

Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.6

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Flextronics in August 2013.

The interview process was pretty straight forward, inquired about my education (recent graduate) as well as my previous work experience. Asked about hobbies and interests. One question seemed left-field, "what was my experience with computers"? This was from a relatively new person.

Customer Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Flextronics.

Group interview, very little questions, very informal

Test Engineer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Flextronics in July 2013.

Received a phone call from Aerotek for the position, it was just a review of what I know..1 week later the interview was scheduled..I met with the Flextronics Managers and not the Aerotek Recruiter which is weird but the interview was down to earth and not difficult.

No negotiation. I asked for 16$ an hour and received a higher offer of 18.00 + shift differential of $0.73 on 2nd shift..so it was a bit of a surprised but happy with the offer.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Flextronics in July 2013.

Got called from Aerotek for a position of Test Engineer for Flextronic and set up a group interview with the engineering manager with 3 other people. The question is straight forward from the book. an hour after i got home, Aerotek called me and told me that they're offering me a position there but because they're in dire of people, they did not give me time to think about it.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are straight from the book so i am pretty much ready for it. for example: tell me about yourself, what do you see yourself in 5 years, tell me about the time that your project is failing and how you solve it.   Answer Question

I decline because Aerotek told me that the base salary is below average and the benefit is not that great. and based on my research insider, the work time is tedious and sometimes they take a punch from a customer and just ask for a second.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Flextronics in July 2013.

I got called in twice to their Austin office for face-to-face interviews. The first one was with a senior manager, and the second with the person who I would have reported to had I been offered the job. Both the interviews were behavioral based and I wasn't asked any questions that really threw me off. Two weeks after the second interview, I called my interviewer and was told that although I was more qualified, they went ahead with another candidate because he/she had more suitable past work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience where you failed and how you dealt with that failure   Answer Question

Planner Scheduler Interview

Straightforward interview with 3 different people and different times.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions and questions related to the specific job.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Flextronics in June 2013.

One Phone interview from the recruiter and then another phone interview (30 minutes) with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about CAD and FEA skills with Solidworks and Creo.   Answer Question

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Flextronics.

I reached out to hiring manager. They flew me to Dallas and picked up and returned me to airport by limo. Interviewed with VP, who mostly asked questions about who I knew in the industry. Following week met with segment President over lunch. That evening he tried to make an offer through internal recruiter. Hiring manager would not let him. Received offer the following week. The whole process to approx. three weeks from initial contact to first day on the job.

Interview Questions
    • How many balls can you keep in the air at the same time?   View Answer
    They came back with a higher base than expected, so I foolishly did not negotiate,

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Flextronics in May 2013.

I initially approached Flextronics through one my university's career fairs. Roughly two weeks later, I was contacted through email to set up an initial phone call (regarding personality, characteristics, minor questions about why I was interested). I felt the phone call went well - 1 week later, I was contacted to set up an onsite interview. This meeting consisted of three 30-45 minute interviews with different members of the team. Each of these interviews varied slightly due to the different roles these team members played. There were brief conversations about personality/characteristics, but the majority of each of these conversations were much more technical (i.e. relevant skills, past experience, relevant coursework/projects). At the end of the three interviews, I was escorted to the lobby and went on my way.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: How could I utilize work experiences (unrelated to job I was interviewing for) to help me succeed.

Most Difficult: Explain in-depth relevant projects from courses. How would I go about it differently?

Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Flextronics in May 2013.

Met at our University's Career Fair. Then had a phone interview with the Director of Finance. I was then brought into the company to interview with 3 different people, each 30 minutes each. I interviewed with a Financial Analyst, Senior Director of Finance, and an Accounting analyst. Overall quick process and very straight forward.