Flextronics

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Flextronics in October 2010.

Honestly, when they go through in detail about the ways that you're going to be disciplined for not making your monthly quota right in the interview, the job is probably not for you.

The position that I was interviewing for was at a Verizon store in really dank mall with very little traffic about an hour south of Pittsburgh.

The lady that set me up for the interview gave me the wrong time and place to interview. I had to call her back and they had to rush someone out to where I was. I had to wait almost two hours. The guy they rushed out to where I was, admitted that he hadn't interviewed anybody in a while. He was nice enough and straight forward but maybe he was too forward. It made me very skeptical when he put most of the emphasis on the disciplinary procedures for not making your sales quota.

He also made it very that this was a sales position, NOT a customer service position. I found that interesting since customer service is most, if not all, of a sales position.

In the end, I wasn't all that thrilled about going away for two weeks to do their training, even if it was all paid. Also, it was the store I applied to was too far for me to commute (I live over an hour away).

They said they'd let me know within a week. I didn't hear from them until a month later and they said they were still going through the interview process and they would be in touch soon (that was over a month ago).

Overall, the pay and the benefits sound nice on the surface but its stressful job that you probably won't like in the end. They also made it clear that you probably won't get very much time off, working a lot of 6 day weeks at odd hours. I've worked retail before that wasn't even close to being this stressful,

Interview Questions
  • Explain your previous the duties of your previous position.   Answer Question