Flextronics

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Flextronics.

Face to face interviews with several individuals (manager/directors/VPs). My current employer was contacted to discuss my salary. They committed a major violation of accepted practices, basic etiquette and common sense. It was a reckless approach taken despite other avenues that would have been made available for them to pursue for this information if they would have simply asked for my consent.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Flextronics.

Normal process. Phone screen by recruiter. Then hiring manager. On site visit. Personality screen, background check, no drug screen. Onboarding a but cumberson. Computer/phone not ready when you arrive.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Flextronics in May 2014.

HR questions. Told them the projects that I've done throughout the course. Asked me about the technical skills that i know. Interview was 1 and half hours long. Lots of technical questions asked. Overall process was very positive. Went into details of the subjects which I've completed. Also asked about where I'd like to see myself in future.

Interview Questions
    • Write the given code in a different language?   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Flextronics in June 2013.

One Phone interview from the recruiter and then another phone interview (30 minutes) with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about CAD and FEA skills with Solidworks and Creo.   Answer Question

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Flextronics.

I reached out to hiring manager. They flew me to Dallas and picked up and returned me to airport by limo. Interviewed with VP, who mostly asked questions about who I knew in the industry. Following week met with segment President over lunch. That evening he tried to make an offer through internal recruiter. Hiring manager would not let him. Received offer the following week. The whole process to approx. three weeks from initial contact to first day on the job.

Interview Questions
    • How many balls can you keep in the air at the same time?   View Answer
    They came back with a higher base than expected, so I foolishly did not negotiate,

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Flextronics in May 2013.

Met at our University's Career Fair. Then had a phone interview with the Director of Finance. I was then brought into the company to interview with 3 different people, each 30 minutes each. I interviewed with a Financial Analyst, Senior Director of Finance, and an Accounting analyst. Overall quick process and very straight forward.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Flextronics in May 2013.

I initially approached Flextronics through one my university's career fairs. Roughly two weeks later, I was contacted through email to set up an initial phone call (regarding personality, characteristics, minor questions about why I was interested). I felt the phone call went well - 1 week later, I was contacted to set up an onsite interview. This meeting consisted of three 30-45 minute interviews with different members of the team. Each of these interviews varied slightly due to the different roles these team members played. There were brief conversations about personality/characteristics, but the majority of each of these conversations were much more technical (i.e. relevant skills, past experience, relevant coursework/projects). At the end of the three interviews, I was escorted to the lobby and went on my way.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: How could I utilize work experiences (unrelated to job I was interviewing for) to help me succeed.

Most Difficult: Explain in-depth relevant projects from courses. How would I go about it differently?

Answer Question

Senior Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Flextronics in September 2012.

The HR department was fast-tracking interviews, so scheduled six interviews over two days upon contact. There was clearly a lack of coordination between those running the interview process and the employees with whom I met. Each of the employees seemed to be sincere, and a couple seemed to be high caliber.

But there were a few things that were bothersome. First, one of the HR reps was derisive when referencing a former company I'd worked with and some of the policies it had for remote work situations. The response was unprofessional - especially in the Valley, where so many companies offer such arrangements. There were a few other points like this where HR was underwhelming. But one of the bigger issues I had was the lack of responsiveness from the employees when I sent each a personal thank you for their time. Perhaps they just realized I wasn't going to be the guy they hired and they thought they'd save the two minutes; but whatever the case, it was rare for me to not receive at least a brief "ditto - good luck" note back. Anyway - no sour grapes. It wasn't a good cultural fit for me personally (appeared very big, bureaucratic from interviews), and most of those whom I interviewed with seemed capable. Had I received an offer, there's a fair chance I'd have taken it. But I wouldn't have bent over backward to reach terms - it didn't seem like *that* great of a place.

Interview Questions
    • Would you need to focus on [X country] to be the #1 in this market sector?   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Flextronics in April 2011.

I applied program manager position online. I was contacted within 2 weeks. I went through two phone interviews, one with recruiter and hiring manager. I was called to set up in-person interview. It took 3 hours with 5 people filled with questions about my background and technical expertise.

Interview Questions
    • When the customer got upset due to manufacturing issues, how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Flextronics in August 2009.

I had worked for Flextronics prior to birth of first child. I was looking to get back into business world and contacted previous manager. Loved working there previously. Interview process was fairly easy because my past experience was doing the job at the company. Although I was interested we could not come to agreement on salary and I took a position at another company.

Salary offer did not meet requirement.