Flextronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Flextronics in May 2014.

Interview Details – HR questions. Told them the projects that I've done throughout the course. Asked me about the technical skills that i know. Interview was 1 and half hours long. Lots of technical questions asked. Overall process was very positive. Went into details of the subjects which I've completed. Also asked about where I'd like to see myself in future.

Interview Question – Write the given code in a different language?   View Answer

Human Resources Director Interview

Human Resources Director
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Flextronics.

Interview Details – Normal process. Phone screen by recruiter. Then hiring manager. On site visit. Personality screen, background check, no drug screen. Onboarding a but cumberson. Computer/phone not ready when you arrive.

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Mechanical Engineer Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Flextronics in June 2013.

Interview Details – One Phone interview from the recruiter and then another phone interview (30 minutes) with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Questions about CAD and FEA skills with Solidworks and Creo.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Flextronics in May 2013.

Interview Details – Met at our University's Career Fair. Then had a phone interview with the Director of Finance. I was then brought into the company to interview with 3 different people, each 30 minutes each. I interviewed with a Financial Analyst, Senior Director of Finance, and an Accounting analyst. Overall quick process and very straight forward.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Director, Business Development Interview

Director, Business Development
San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Flextronics.

Interview Details – I reached out to hiring manager. They flew me to Dallas and picked up and returned me to airport by limo. Interviewed with VP, who mostly asked questions about who I knew in the industry. Following week met with segment President over lunch. That evening he tried to make an offer through internal recruiter. Hiring manager would not let him. Received offer the following week. The whole process to approx. three weeks from initial contact to first day on the job.

Interview Question – How many balls can you keep in the air at the same time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They came back with a higher base than expected, so I foolishly did not negotiate,

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Flextronics in May 2013.

Interview Details – I initially approached Flextronics through one my university's career fairs. Roughly two weeks later, I was contacted through email to set up an initial phone call (regarding personality, characteristics, minor questions about why I was interested). I felt the phone call went well - 1 week later, I was contacted to set up an onsite interview. This meeting consisted of three 30-45 minute interviews with different members of the team. Each of these interviews varied slightly due to the different roles these team members played. There were brief conversations about personality/characteristics, but the majority of each of these conversations were much more technical (i.e. relevant skills, past experience, relevant coursework/projects). At the end of the three interviews, I was escorted to the lobby and went on my way.

Interview Question – Unexpected: How could I utilize work experiences (unrelated to job I was interviewing for) to help me succeed.

Most Difficult: Explain in-depth relevant projects from courses. How would I go about it differently?
  Answer Question

Senior Director, Marketing Interview

Senior Director, Marketing
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Flextronics in September 2012.

Interview Details – The HR department was fast-tracking interviews, so scheduled six interviews over two days upon contact. There was clearly a lack of coordination between those running the interview process and the employees with whom I met. Each of the employees seemed to be sincere, and a couple seemed to be high caliber.

But there were a few things that were bothersome. First, one of the HR reps was derisive when referencing a former company I'd worked with and some of the policies it had for remote work situations. The response was unprofessional - especially in the Valley, where so many companies offer such arrangements. There were a few other points like this where HR was underwhelming. But one of the bigger issues I had was the lack of responsiveness from the employees when I sent each a personal thank you for their time. Perhaps they just realized I wasn't going to be the guy they hired and they thought they'd save the two minutes; but whatever the case, it was rare for me to not receive at least a brief "ditto - good luck" note back. Anyway - no sour grapes. It wasn't a good cultural fit for me personally (appeared very big, bureaucratic from interviews), and most of those whom I interviewed with seemed capable. Had I received an offer, there's a fair chance I'd have taken it. But I wouldn't have bent over backward to reach terms - it didn't seem like *that* great of a place.

Interview Question – Would you need to focus on [X country] to be the #1 in this market sector?   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Flextronics in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied program manager position online. I was contacted within 2 weeks. I went through two phone interviews, one with recruiter and hiring manager. I was called to set up in-person interview. It took 3 hours with 5 people filled with questions about my background and technical expertise.

Interview Question – When the customer got upset due to manufacturing issues, how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Flextronics in August 2009.

Interview Details – I had worked for Flextronics prior to birth of first child. I was looking to get back into business world and contacted previous manager. Loved working there previously. Interview process was fairly easy because my past experience was doing the job at the company. Although I was interested we could not come to agreement on salary and I took a position at another company.

Reason for Declining – Salary offer did not meet requirement.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flextronics interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Flextronics employees and interview candidates.