Flight Center Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Flight Center

Travel Consultant Interview

First I found their job openings on their official website then apply for a Travel Consultant post. Just filling in the online application, introducing who you are and your background, telling them why flight center and why you fit the role. One very interesting thing was they ask where you have traveled even though the job stating you don't necessary need travel experience to apply just need to be passionate about travel.

Then I've got an email and invited me to select a specific time I want to conduct a phone interview with them. The phone interview was quick it last about 15 minutes (probably she's not interested with me), asking question exactly the same as the ones on the online application form such as tell us about your working history, what was your role in the job, why you left your job, where have you been traveled for the past 5 years, why you interested in FC and what you know about FC.

The lady also explained a little bit about working at FC - the pay! It's basically a base salary plus commissions, then she gave an example of what average $$$ a travel consultants would make for their first year, it turns out a little bit more than I expect. Then she moved on asking whether you would commit to work for weekends, long hours and where you want to work.

The lady said I would get email for the next interview if I fit for their requirements.

Interview Questions
    • No rocket science questions at all! The most difficult one was 'where have you been for the past 5 years', it was difficult because 1. I've been so many places, 2.I already typed it all out on the application form. Don't understand why they're asking.   Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Flight Center in March 2012.

I applied online first and within 5 minutes i had a call from flight center for a telephone interview. in was askes questions about where i had traveled, what sales experience i had, why i wanted to work for them, and i had to sel a bottle of water over the phone.

Following this i was asked to go down to London for the group interview held in surrey. this was supposed to take 4 hours but ran over by half hour. we had an into to the company, then all of us introduced ourselves (there were about 8 at the interview) we then had an hour of questions in smaller groups about handling different situations in the workplace. following this was a written exam about your travel knowledge, then finally a computer exam on the booking system fight center use called Galileo.

then following day i recived a call that i had got the job an accepted!

Interview Questions
    • When did you use your intransitive to sell a product or a service?   Answer Question

Flight Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Flight Center in December 2011.

Very lengthy interview process which culminates in a group interview.
    Other than the one on one phone conversation there is really no other opportunity for the interviewer to even get to know you as a candidate. As when you enter the group interview you are thrown into a room with 8 or more (I had about 10) other candidates who are all eager to get some attention, it is basically a free for all and a fight for 'who can be the loudest and show off most'.

And it would be wonderful (and professional) if all emails they sent didn't have wrong times and dates for interviews and assessments. As multiple people showed up late, and not by their own fault, once this was mentioned we got a smile and a nod. How about do the simple task of changing times and dates for new emails??
    Very lengthy and sometimes unprofessional hiring process and much too complex for the task at hand.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Flight Center in September 2008.

1. Online Application, this stage I like to call as "selling yourself".
    2. Phone Interview: 10 min interview testing your communication skills and knowledge of the company. Questions on experiences on sales and achieving targets. Doesnt matter whether you'd been to only few countries as long as you can blind sell it.
    3. Online Assessment- Personality test, Behavioural, Verbal, Abstract and Numerical reasoning.
    4. Group interview 3-4 people. Set formal questions and informal ones.
    5. Phone interview with the area leader- test your selling skills.
    5. Reference check.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example during your previous employment about any initiatives or a tine when you have been pro active within the job.   Answer Question
    • PERSEVERANCE: Again, an example of a time when you have persevere to finish the sales transaction of the product.   Answer Question

Worked for Flight Center? Contribute to the Community!