Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Flight Centre
- Travel Consultant (80)
- International Travel Consultant (13)
- Sales Consultant (4)
- Travel Agent (3)
- Travel Sales Consultant (3)
- Area Leader (1)
- Flight Attendant (1)
- Java Developer (1)
- Travel Manager (1)
- Salesperson (1)
- Sales Representative (1)
- Customer Service (1)
- Consultant (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Business Development Manager (1)
- IT Helpdesk Analyst (1)
- Business Travel Consultant (1)
- Travel/Sales Consultant (1)
- Tavel Consultant Flight Centre (1)
- Travel Sales (1)
- Flight Centre Interview (1)
- Round the World Sales (1)
- Round the World Consultant (1)
- Fast Track Graduate Programmer (1)
- Scholarship Assessment Interview (Melbourne, Certificate II Tourism) (1)
Sales Consultant Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Flight Centre (Chester, England (UK)) in March 2015.
1 x 10 min tel interview. 1 x 30 min tel interview. Online assessment. Face to face interviewWhole process was very lengthy. I do not have much experience of travelling personally (job description did request this) but as I have previously worked in travel thought I would apply anyway. The online assesment took around 2 hours, plus the telephone calls and then finally a face to face interview....just to be told they want someone with more travel experience, they already knew I hadn't done too much travelling so do think it was unfair to put me through the whole process!
- What do I think is the future of the travel industry Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Flight Centre
Sales Consultant InterviewAccepted OfferAverage Interview
Initially had a telephone interview followed by an assessment day at the Head Office. The assessment day was a group setting which was fun. Called back for 3rd interview and final interview with area leader. The whole interview process took 2 weeks.
- Give an example of a time when you had to see something to completion, what did you do and what was the outcome Answer Question
Sales Consultant InterviewDeclined Offer
First u will receive a email to make an appointment online for a phone interview. During the phone interview, a nice woman asked u very basic questions. And role play as a sales consultant of flight center.
- The questions are pretty easy. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Cheap pay and long range working hours
Sales Consultant InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Flight Centre (London, England (UK)) in July 2008.
Applied online and was called by a woman to set up an interview.
- I was asked to talk about previous sales experience and how I handled difficult customers/situations. Answer Question