FlightSafety International Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.9

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FlightSafety International.

Called for first interview 3 weeks after applying. Interviewed with a panel of 3 people. I was called for 2nd interview after 3 more weeks and had one on one interviews with the Department Head and the VP, followed by a tour of the facility with other questions asked here and there by people in the different departments during the tour. It tool almost 4 weeks after second interview to receive an offer, which came via email and not a phone call. After my offer, my start date was almost 4 more weeks later. Overall my experience was positive but it just took forever!

Interview Questions
    • Most questions asked about prior experience and how you would apply those experiences.   Answer Question

Pilot Career Advancement Strategy Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FlightSafety International.

I applied online at the FlightSafety Academy website. After not hearing anything for quite some time, I finally called them. During this call they conducted a phone interview which consisted of both personal and technical questions. I was then given dates to come for an in person interview. I had to provide my own travel to the interview. I did not get the interview packet until less than 24 hours before the interview. The morning of the interview, there was a group of three of us. We sat down in a classroom and were presented a test which had ADM, FARs, Instrument, and Weather questions on it. Once done, you turn in the test and wait. They then call you in for a face to face interview with the Director of Standards and HR. Once again, some personal questions and some technical questions. Then we all met as a group and were given a topic that we had to teach. We then were given a one hour break for lunch, which we had to provide for ourselves. We cam back and then had a group interview where we were presented with three different scenarios and we all had to work together to come up with a solution. Lastly, we presented the topics that we had to teach. This is probably the hardest part of the interview. Once done, they call you in one by one and tell you if you got the job or not.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FlightSafety International in October 2014.

I applied late July, there were 2 types of interviews.
    After submitting an application online, I was called by HR early September to schedule a phone interview with 4 different engineers.
    1. During the 1 hour phone interview, I was asked about my resume. I gave examples about where I applied my skills. No serious technical questions, all questions where based on my resume and my work with teams. The Electrical Engineer role at FlightSafety consists of a lot of programming. They asked about my experience with C/C++. After the interview, I was allowed to ask questions.
    After passing this interview, I was flown to their facility in Broken Arrow, OK.

2. This interview was the onsite interview. HR sets up the hotel, flight, and car rental. When I arrived to the campus, I was sat down with HR and given information about the benefits, asked if I was willing to relocate, and if I had any HR related questions. Afterwards, my host engineer gave me a tour of the facility. Very interesting work they are doing at FlightSafety, it was great to see what I would be doing. For some reason I was scheduled for an all day interview, it lasted from 9am to 3pm. My host was confused because he ran out of things to say and showed me all the facility by 11am. During the tour, there weren't any questions, didn't interview until after lunch. At noon, I was taken out to lunch by 2 project managers and their boss. After lunch, I was sat down with the project managers who I went to lunch with. The interview consisted purely of programming questions dealing with C/C++. I was also given 2 VERY basic C exams, similar to something you'll find in your Computer Science I and II courses. They stated that the exams may seem basic but apparently they get resumes that state C/C++ experience, which is sometimes false for some candidates. I felt the interview was over after finishing the exams and answering every programming question they had. Since they ran out of things to ask and they didn't want to end the interview quickly, the project managers called over their teams to ask me more questions. I felt they tried to make me fail at answering something but, they could not succeed, even after having about 8 people ask me more. The questions the other team members asked were about me and my experience with programming. They wanted to get to know me. A lot of improvising on the project managers side.
    After the interview I was escorted out of the facility and was told that the odds were in my favor. They felt I was more then qualified for the role.

Overall, a good experience. A little disorganized. Current employees seem content about where they are and what they are doing. Everyone was nice.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult at all. If you're scheduled for an all day interview, be good at small talk or continuing a conversation.   Answer Question

The offer was lower than normal, especially when there is so much programming involved with the role. I was offered a much better offer from another company, so I took that one instead. They did however state, if another company offers me something, they would work with me, perhaps increase my offer. I did not do this because the other offer was considerably much higher than FlightSafety's.

Ground/Simulator Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at FlightSafety International in September 2014.

I completed their online application and also had a friend of mine bring me in to meet with management. I was offered an interview date the following week at the Wilmington DE location.

My interview began in a room full of managers, maybe 7-8 of them. I was impressed from the beginning. They were incredibly polite and friendly, making sure to each shake my hand and welcome me. The center manager began the interview by asking me some questions about my background and resume. He was genuine and inviting, easy to engage in conversation with. Everyone had great people skills and it was so easy to kick back and have a conversation with them. Basic interview questions, nothing too difficult to answer. Followed by a presentation that you must give.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to choose Flight Safety as a career?   View Answer
    They offered me a wonderful starting salary and I'm incredibly excited to start employment with this organization. Top notch. Excellent training.

Second-in-command Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FlightSafety International in January 2014.

Read my review and ask yourself how you can best prepare for your interview. I applied online at the website of the corporation. The first contact was three months later, when the manager of the local training center telephoned me during the daytime. I didn't recognize his name because it was not the same as the manager that I had found from various search engines. He described the position clearly and thoroughly enough for me to want to go to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I dressed in my best black wool suit and black shoes. I was very comfortable and relaxed. There was another manager present in the small office for the interview. I was directed to sit in the most comfortable chair in the office. The unexpected question that caught me by surprise was: where would you want to work after this job?   Answer Question

Pilot Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FlightSafety International in October 2013.

As advertised. You will prepare a short presentation with PowerPoint on an aviation topic of your choosing and present it to the HR representative and program managers. They are just looking to see your public speaking style. It is not a big deal as long as you rehearse before you come to the interview. The rest of the interview is fairly straight forward with the basic Q&A about your background, why do you want to work as a pilot instructor at FSI, etc.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how I would feel about not flying. I knew that this is a non-flying position but I just hadn't given it much thought.   Answer Question

Ground and Simulator Instructor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at FlightSafety International.

I took my resume to their office and was called a few days later for an interview. The interview consisted of a group of Program Mgrs, the Director of Training, and the Center Mgr. all in a classroom with me at the white board teaching any system or flight manuver that I would like so they could observe my technique and stile of teachng.

Interview Questions
    Do not take a job with them.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FlightSafety International in May 2011.

The interview was simple and brief. The questions were targetted to your gols and ambitions and were more about your soft skills rather than hard skills

Interview Questions
    It was simple and they were offering what I needed

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FlightSafety International in March 2011.

Met at a careers fair and applied online. Called back about a month later and scheduled to spend a day at their offices. Met about 14 people in various 1-1 or panel situations. Was given a tour and had lunch. Had several interviews with managers and employee panels mostly asking about experience, things on my resume and some HR/behavioral questions. Everyone was very nice and polite. In a way I wish they weren't so nice as I left really wanting to work there and felt confident I was a good fit, yet I was turned down. I was not called back when they told me I would be and I contacted them several weeks later to ask. I heard back another week or so after that telling me the bad news. After I spent all that time and effort driving 2 hours to get there and back I was disappointed by my treatment afterwards. They should have told me sooner that I didn't get the position and I doubt they would have bothered to contact me at all had I not emailed. It turned out for the best as I am now scheduled for onsite interviews with Microsoft and Amazon and I heard the pay there at FS is not that great.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of management type or environment do you like to work under.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broken Arrow, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broken Arrow, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FlightSafety International in January 2011.

It was pretty laid back, but I interviewed with two different people at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you think you can put up with a roomful of old men?"   View Answer
    They called and offered. I had been laid off at my previous workplace and although the offer was lower than what I wanted, it was more than unemployment so I took it.