FlightSafety International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Pilot Instructor Interview

Pilot Instructor
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FlightSafety International in October 2013.

Interview Details – As advertised. You will prepare a short presentation with PowerPoint on an aviation topic of your choosing and present it to the HR representative and program managers. They are just looking to see your public speaking style. It is not a big deal as long as you rehearse before you come to the interview. The rest of the interview is fairly straight forward with the basic Q&A about your background, why do you want to work as a pilot instructor at FSI, etc.

Interview Question – They asked me how I would feel about not flying. I knew that this is a non-flying position but I just hadn't given it much thought.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Second-in-command Interview

Second-in-command
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FlightSafety International in January 2014.

Interview Details – Read my review and ask yourself how you can best prepare for your interview. I applied online at the website of the corporation. The first contact was three months later, when the manager of the local training center telephoned me during the daytime. I didn't recognize his name because it was not the same as the manager that I had found from various search engines. He described the position clearly and thoroughly enough for me to want to go to the interview.

Interview Question – I dressed in my best black wool suit and black shoes. I was very comfortable and relaxed. There was another manager present in the small office for the interview. I was directed to sit in the most comfortable chair in the office. The unexpected question that caught me by surprise was: where would you want to work after this job?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Broken Arrow, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FlightSafety International in January 2011.

Interview Details – It was pretty laid back, but I interviewed with two different people at the same time.

Interview Question – "Do you think you can put up with a roomful of old men?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called and offered. I had been laid off at my previous workplace and although the offer was lower than what I wanted, it was more than unemployment so I took it.

Ground and Simulator Instructor Interview

Ground and Simulator Instructor

I applied in-person and interviewed at FlightSafety International.

Interview Details – I took my resume to their office and was called a few days later for an interview. The interview consisted of a group of Program Mgrs, the Director of Training, and the Center Mgr. all in a classroom with me at the white board teaching any system or flight manuver that I would like so they could observe my technique and stile of teachng.

Interview Question – What salary would you accept.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do not take a job with them.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Broken Arrow, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FlightSafety International in January 2009.

Interview Details – Laid-back interviews with various group leaders. Nothing to cram or prepare for, just be honest and do your best.

Interview Question – Analyze serial bus driver code and answer questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – "Take it or leave it"

Maintenance Instructor Interview

Maintenance Instructor
Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at FlightSafety International in February 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Electronic submission of resume
2. Contact by phone from HR to schedule a phone interview with maintenance director and supervisors
3. Telephone interview
4. On-site Interview and Practice Teach

Interview Question – The Practice teach is the hardest to prepare for. You must be comfortable with a presentation that you will have to create for yourself.
You will be giving that presentation to a group of maintenance instructors. It is most important to be well practiced in what words you will say, and to be completely familiar with your presentation.
  View Answers (4)

Negotiation Details – Max start is 65k

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at FlightSafety International in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was simple and brief. The questions were targetted to your gols and ambitions and were more about your soft skills rather than hard skills

Interview Question – Will you relocate to a smaller town?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was simple and they were offering what I needed

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Broken Arrow, OK

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FlightSafety International in September 2010.

Interview Details – There is a small actual knowledge test but it is very small and Noone seems to take it seriously. The biggest part of getting hired is applying. Some of the people working there don't have a clue and been there for years. To sum it up, if you're applying there expect to be underpaid and mistreated.

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate with terrorists but it will hurt to try. HR remembers everything.

Very Difficult Interview

MX Instructor Interview

MX Instructor
Savannah, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at FlightSafety International in January 2010.

Interview Details – The DOMT will call you and go over your resume briefly. Then he will give you a topic for your presentation and email you some material to base it on. A couple days later they will bring you in for your interview and presentation. The interview is a panel of managers who will ask about details of you resume, situational questions, and technical questions.

The presentation is attended by every available instructor and manager. They watch for your presentation style with a subject that you may not be all too familiar with and classroom management. They will ask simple, technical and silly questions to throw you off and they may even goof off to see how you handle it. If you are not a good public speaker they will expose you.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate client/student?   View Answer
  • If a client asks a question you don't know the answer to, how would you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was over the phone, I took the first offer. I advise adding $12k to whatever they offer you because you will get it. They are desperate to hire anyone because they can't keep talented instructors.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Saint Louis, MO

The process took 2 months - interviewed at FlightSafety International in March 2011.

Interview Details – Met at a careers fair and applied online. Called back about a month later and scheduled to spend a day at their offices. Met about 14 people in various 1-1 or panel situations. Was given a tour and had lunch. Had several interviews with managers and employee panels mostly asking about experience, things on my resume and some HR/behavioral questions. Everyone was very nice and polite. In a way I wish they weren't so nice as I left really wanting to work there and felt confident I was a good fit, yet I was turned down. I was not called back when they told me I would be and I contacted them several weeks later to ask. I heard back another week or so after that telling me the bad news. After I spent all that time and effort driving 2 hours to get there and back I was disappointed by my treatment afterwards. They should have told me sooner that I didn't get the position and I doubt they would have bothered to contact me at all had I not emailed. It turned out for the best as I am now scheduled for onsite interviews with Microsoft and Amazon and I heard the pay there at FS is not that great.

Interview Question – What kind of management type or environment do you like to work under.   View Answer

Worked for FlightSafety International? Contribute to the Community!