Flint Hills Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Flint Hills (Corpus Christi, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

After about waiting 3 weeks from applying online I had a phone interview that lasted about 25 minutes. The HR rep I spoke with had a lot of info about the job. So ask questions.
    I received a phone call about 2 weeks later to set up and onsite interview. Make sure you have some knowledge of Koch industries and the market based management style they go by.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and a coworker had disagreement and how you handled it   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Flint Hills.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with normal behavioral questions. A week or two later I was called and asked for an onsite interview at their headquarters with other candidates. There was a meet and greet the night before and then a morning of interviews. At the end of the process I was asked what salary expectations. I was called a day later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Hardest problem you had to solve? Most of the questions were normal behavioral questions.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Flint Hills.

Interview

I was selected for a 30 minutes phone screen interview. After that I was asked to go to an on site visit in Wichita for lunch and several in person interviews. Interviews weren't difficult and everyone was very nice. They asked a lot of behavior questions are were mainly concerned with you being a fit for the company and not your skill set. You can tell they have a very serious internship program.

Interview Questions

• What's a big goal you were recently able to accomplish?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Flint Hills (Wichita, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a dinner the night prior to the interview, in which I was able to get a better grasp for the company and the employees I could potentially work with. Once I got through the first round, I was invited to Wichita, KS for a final round interview. There was a dinner the night prior to the interview again, in which I got to meet more people from the company and network. I got to know the employees on a personal level and interviewed with two people I had spoken with the night before. The interview process was all behavioral, primarily focused on how you approach problems and how you handle different situations. Their current talent acquisition program is the best that I have experienced, with giving the candidates exposure to many different employees to network while also asking you important questions to see what makes you unique.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed, and describe how you learned from that experience. Looking forward several years, do you see yourself heading toward management or an advanced technical role? What has been the hardest thing you have ever faced?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, due to the great offer presented.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Flint Hills.

Interview

I applied through my campus career fair. First had a 30mn phone screening with HR, then was invited to their intern hiring event. It was a two day event, where they paid for a hotel stay as well as transportation to get there. Had a plant tour, a dinner event, and then four back-to-back interviews with engineers from the company. All interviews were behavioral questions or asking about previous experience.

Quality Lab Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Flint Hills (Longview, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through the FHR website. I received a phone call by the HR department and was set up with a face to face interview for the following week. The interview was smooth. Mostly behavioral questions and about my past Quality experience. I interviewed with 3 people (Quality Lab Manager and Research and Development). 2 days later I received a job offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy since I was told from the beginning what the salary was.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Flint Hills.

Interview

Interview process was all day. I was assigned 6 different upper management personnel for individual interviews. It included persons from HR, Operations, and Environmental. Each person interviewed me for about 45 minutes each and it was all mainly behavioral questions. The interview process was not bad. If you prepare beforehand you will get by with no problems. Each interviewer was also nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given an offer the same day of the interview but asked for time to review the contract. They were able to negotiate with me and I accepted in the end.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Flint Hills (Kansas City, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. This was for entry level role where you rotate locations for two years before being assigned a home. Situational interview questions. All standard. HR lady was hard to talk to but she was clear and concise.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being on the move for the first two years   Answer Question

Support Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Flint Hills (Wichita, KS).

Interview

I applied through online and got a call after a week later about a phone interview.It lasted for an hour and tar is the HR person and she is very nice and make you more comfortable.The same day got an another call asking to attend for a face to face interview at the HQ.

Interview Questions

• How did you handled your colleague when you get frustrated with him?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

Interview

First interview was on campus then received a phone call two days after requesting second interview at their intern event. Interviewers were awesome at making you feel comfortable. The questions were mostly behavioral but definitely try to work in your technical skills in your answers. They were very quick to deliver decisions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you did not meet your deadline.   Answer Question