Flipkart.com

85 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Flipkart.com in July 2013.

Interview Details – First round was of 20 aptitude questions and debugging / output based questions. Followed by 2 programming questions..

Next round was pure technical, programming..

Third round was again technical combined with hr round.

All the questions were based on logical programming.

The programming test were online (interviewstreet)

Practice coding and all they look is the efficiency behind coding and how do you approach a problem.

Interview Question – Be very good at programming concepts.. Data Structure.   Answer Question

Content Writer Interview

Content Writer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Flipkart.com in January 2012.

Interview Details – My 1st round was with the In-house Recruiter who asked me basic questions and briefed me about the company. For the 2nd Round I was asked to do a Written test, which was evaluated by the Editor. In the 3rd Round I spoke to one of the Managers who asked me some detailed questions about my CV. In the Final Round I spoke to the then Department Head, who asked me specific questions related to the job function to evaluate my ability to handle the role. The specifics of what I would work on as were as Salary, was decided during this round, following which I was given a joining date by the HR.

Interview Question – I was asked to come up with an impromptu ad copy for a product about to be launched. Since Flipkart.com didn't do ads for specific products, this was slightly unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR and the Manager were mostly unyielding and it took a lot of effort to finally arrive at a figure (salary-wise) that was half decent.

Very Difficult Interview

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Applications Support Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and interviewed at Flipkart.com.

Interview Details – Flipkart.com is the top E-Commerce Online shopping site in India
It took One week for me to get the interview scheduled at Flipkart.com Bangalore Offfice.
The First round was normal screening round to check your overall communication skill and your Skillsets.
Then happened the second round which was basically a technical round.
They mainly asked questions related normal unix comands like Grep, Find, Sed, Vi-Editor etc. Questions related to your projects.
And few SQL join queries to retrieve data from multiple tables.
This round is the mass elimination round. so be prepared for this.
Then comes the Final Managerial Round.
 Thats all My Friends...
Prepare well, Be confident while answering

Interview Question – The unexpected and silly question was Which team you are working for..??   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If your technical feedback will be good from the hr side. then salary is not a constant for you.

SDE-II Interview

SDE-II
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Flipkart.com in July 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process is good. After the initial telephonic round, they took lot of time to get back for further rounds. They have a good understanding of what to look for in people they are hiring. I had 5 rounds of interview apart from telephonic. Machine coding, Data Structures and Algorithms, Product Perspective (with Product Management), Hiring manager and Design. Data structures and algorithms knowledge with good coding skills will help crack the interview.

Interview Question – How would you design an application like facebook   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Flipkart.com in May 2013.

Interview Details – The first round was a coding round on hackerrank. It was for 90 minutes and it had 2 questions.

Second round was shell scripting/coding round.

Then there were 3 interviews - 2 tech and 1 HR.

Around 300 students appeared for the first round. 53 were selected for the second round. From there, 32 were selected for the interview rounds.

After the first technical interview around 11 students were selected for the second interview. In second round, 7 students were selected.

Later in the final round, 4 of 7 were selected.

Interview Question – Second round - Shell scripting round   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Flipkart.com in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process consists of the following rounds.
1.Machine Coding Round(2hrs)
2.DataStructure Round(Technical Discussion)
3.Technical Interview(Mostly Analytical)
4.HR Round
Out of this machine coding round is most important.Those guys are giving priority to hands on coding more than anything.So you should be logically strong.It doesnt matter much if you are not syntactically little wrong

Interview Question – Write a java programme to parse any type of string(it should contain all the operators)   View Answer

SSE Interview

SSE
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Flipkart.com in July 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter directly contacted me. He scheduled my machine coding test. It was based on regular expression. We had to implement using any language. Question was average if you have worked on implementation of regular expressions.

Interview Question – They had given question on regex and I was not familiar with that.   Answer Question

Worst Experience With Flipkart Software Development Engineer I Interview

Worst Experience With Flipkart Software Development Engineer I
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Flipkart.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had very weird experience with flipkart. Their HR's don't have any co-ordination. For the over all interview process, I was communicated with 4 different HR's. When you will send them mail, they will not reply. If you call them, they will say "Oh!! another guy did not tell you". I had two successfully telephonic rounds(There were lot of issue in scheduling the interviews as well) and called for the on-site interview. Then just a day before the interview I called them for the status. They told me sorry!! we have freezed our hiring. I was shocked because they told me for urgent opening and suddenly u-turn and the worst part is with in some 15 minutes, my friend got a phone call from interview.strange?? Then I mailed them what's this??. Then some senior hr told me that they will reschedule the interview. again they did some nonsense and din not tell me the schedule. I was damn sure they will not gonna hire me now.Finally they called me for the on-site interview. Again two interview happened. Both were good. For SDE I, I don't think they should ignoreThey told me to leave for now, then again they told me for stay there for one more round. Again in some few minutes they said oh!! Its not required.Then they sent me their default rejection template.

Suggestion for Management:
Please look into your HR department. I am not the first one to complain. If you don't wanna hire, don't waste our time. Anyhow I will still say good luck Flipkart.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Flipkart.com in June 2014.

Interview Details – They have a good interview protocol. Get to meet people at various levels. Helps us understand the quality of people existing. Can be more organised and scope to keep up with time. Interview rooms needs to be booked in advance. Last minute search does not give a good feel to the candidate. It about the experience one provides that gives a picture of the company.

Interview Question – Who do you think was the best among the people who interviewed you? I don't know what they figure out about us with that question but have not come across that question till date.   Answer Question

Head Interview

Head

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Flipkart.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – Great Process. Well structured. Very well planned and executed. The timing was very well maintained. People were very professional and well mannered. The agenda was very clear and people interviewed based on the role. it was a sensible interview.

Interview Question – Some answers to some questions just don't convince the interviewer. The intent is to see the approach not to judge what is right or wrong.   Answer Question

Worked for Flipkart.com? Contribute to the Community!