Flipkart.com

81 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Flipkart.com in July 2013.

Interview Details – First round was of 20 aptitude questions and debugging / output based questions. Followed by 2 programming questions..

Next round was pure technical, programming..

Third round was again technical combined with hr round.

All the questions were based on logical programming.

The programming test were online (interviewstreet)

Practice coding and all they look is the efficiency behind coding and how do you approach a problem.

Interview Question – Be very good at programming concepts.. Data Structure.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Flipkart.com in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process consists of the following rounds.
1.Machine Coding Round(2hrs)
2.DataStructure Round(Technical Discussion)
3.Technical Interview(Mostly Analytical)
4.HR Round
Out of this machine coding round is most important.Those guys are giving priority to hands on coding more than anything.So you should be logically strong.It doesnt matter much if you are not syntactically little wrong

Interview Question – Write a java programme to parse any type of string(it should contain all the operators)   View Answer

SSE Interview

SSE
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Flipkart.com in July 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter directly contacted me. He scheduled my machine coding test. It was based on regular expression. We had to implement using any language. Question was average if you have worked on implementation of regular expressions.

Interview Question – They had given question on regex and I was not familiar with that.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Experience With Flipkart Software Development Engineer I Interview

Worst Experience With Flipkart Software Development Engineer I
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Flipkart.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had very weird experience with flipkart. Their HR's don't have any co-ordination. For the over all interview process, I was communicated with 4 different HR's. When you will send them mail, they will not reply. If you call them, they will say "Oh!! another guy did not tell you". I had two successfully telephonic rounds(There were lot of issue in scheduling the interviews as well) and called for the on-site interview. Then just a day before the interview I called them for the status. They told me sorry!! we have freezed our hiring. I was shocked because they told me for urgent opening and suddenly u-turn and the worst part is with in some 15 minutes, my friend got a phone call from interview.strange?? Then I mailed them what's this??. Then some senior hr told me that they will reschedule the interview. again they did some nonsense and din not tell me the schedule. I was damn sure they will not gonna hire me now.Finally they called me for the on-site interview. Again two interview happened. Both were good. For SDE I, I don't think they should ignoreThey told me to leave for now, then again they told me for stay there for one more round. Again in some few minutes they said oh!! Its not required.Then they sent me their default rejection template.

Suggestion for Management:
Please look into your HR department. I am not the first one to complain. If you don't wanna hire, don't waste our time. Anyhow I will still say good luck Flipkart.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Flipkart.com in June 2014.

Interview Details – They have a good interview protocol. Get to meet people at various levels. Helps us understand the quality of people existing. Can be more organised and scope to keep up with time. Interview rooms needs to be booked in advance. Last minute search does not give a good feel to the candidate. It about the experience one provides that gives a picture of the company.

Interview Question – Who do you think was the best among the people who interviewed you? I don't know what they figure out about us with that question but have not come across that question till date.   Answer Question

Head Interview

Head

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Flipkart.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – Great Process. Well structured. Very well planned and executed. The timing was very well maintained. People were very professional and well mannered. The agenda was very clear and people interviewed based on the role. it was a sensible interview.

Interview Question – Some answers to some questions just don't convince the interviewer. The intent is to see the approach not to judge what is right or wrong.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Flipkart.com in December 2013.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview, 1st Round - Resume Grill and case study, 2nd Round - Case study on Market Place and 3rd Round - Case study on returns, Just get an idea how flipkart works and how marketplace works

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Flipkart.com in May 2014.

Interview Details – 1)Two rounds of telephonic interview mainly focussing of DS/Algo
Then called onsite
2) Coding Round. You have to bring your laptop and code in your favourite editor
3) Design Round
4) Algorithm/DS Round
5) Hiring Manager Round

Interview Question – Design a job workflow system wherein a job is defined as sequence of steps. This system will take jobs and execute as per the steps in job. The steps can be conditional(if this then do this else do that). This system should be able to handle multiple jobs, should be fault tolerant etc etc   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not like offer in first place(designation and salary not met expectation). Moreover a very callous nature of HR(they just don't respond for weeks and then wake up one day talk to you and then again go to sleep) completely put me off.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

Interviewed at Flipkart.com

Interview Details – Interview was related to solving puzzles. Interview process was like a memory exam than a test of basics.

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Flipkart.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had a first round of telephonic interview with Flipkart. The question was a standard DP question. Came up with a recursive approach and later came up with a DP approach, that solved the problem efficiently. There was a datastructure question on the same approach (HashMap v/s Trie). Faltered a bit on that. However had the feeling that overall I had performed well. However after 5 days, I get an email from a different recruiter saying that currently they can't go ahead with me.

Interview Question – Word break problem   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Flipkart.com

Worked for Flipkart.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flipkart.com interview questions and advice. All 81 interview reviews posted anonymously by Flipkart.com employees and interview candidates.