Flipkart.com

96 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Flipkart.com in July 2013.

Interview Details – First round was of 20 aptitude questions and debugging / output based questions. Followed by 2 programming questions..

Next round was pure technical, programming..

Third round was again technical combined with hr round.

All the questions were based on logical programming.

The programming test were online (interviewstreet)

Practice coding and all they look is the efficiency behind coding and how do you approach a problem.

Interview Question – Be very good at programming concepts.. Data Structure.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Flipkart.com in August 2014.

Interview Details – The first round was an online test.
The test was a coding round, we had only 2 questions and we were supposed to write the code.
The questions were easy but the code has to be highly optimized since the compilation time of the code is also considered

Interview Question – questions on strings and arrays   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Flipkart.com in May 2014.

Interview Details – It took the regular route of DS and Algo - First was a machine coding round that was pretty simple to code - basically needed the right design principles. Second interview was into DS / Algo and the third was by two people, this was more on design and finally another one by a Manager

Interview Question – I did not find any difficult questions (maybe it was my luck or I'd prepared well)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was pretty funny actually - FK offered me more than what I was expecting, more than another counter offer I was holding at the same time from another e-commerce giant (whose details I did not disclose to FK). So well, all my negotiation tactics went down the drain, but in the good sense.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Flipkart.com in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through college/University. There were 4 rounds. First one was a coding round. 2nd and 3rd were technical interviews. 4th was a HR interview. More than 1000 people appeared for coding round. Only 12 were shortlisted to the 2nd round from the coding round. In-depth understanding of data structures is required to answer questions in technical interview.

Interview Question – There was a coding question to input a binary number string and find all possible substrings that are multiples of 5 when converted to decimal.   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Software Developer II
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Flipkart.com in August 2014.

Interview Details – This was round 2.
Machine coding round.

Create a JSON object from a given input.
input:
a>b>c=1
a>t=5

output:
{ 'a' : {'b' : { 'c' :1}, 't' : 1}}

The output had to be well formatted.
If a key had two values, the value had to be made an array of the two values.

Interview Question – Do you want to do further Studies?   Answer Question

Junior Executive Warehouse Interview

Junior Executive Warehouse
Madurai (India)

Interview Details – General face to face interview, followed by some logical or situational questions to be answered.There were two HR from a sservice company recruiting executives for Flipkart.Asusual after PPt they started their process,and first was Face to face,and then was situational questions.

Interview Question – Unexpected was situational question,the job profile was not in need of that.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was a consultancy company recruiting for flipkart.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Software Development Engineer I

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Flipkart.com.

Interview Details – Consisted of 3 interviews and two coding round.
Round 1:
Question 1: Write a program to find the maximum difference between two elements of an array such that the greater number always has the greater index.
Question 2: For two strings A and B, we define the similarity of the strings to be the length of the longest prefix common to both strings. For example, the similarity of strings "abc" and "abd" is 2, while the similarity of strings "aaa" and "aaab" is 3.

Calculate the sum of similarities of a string S with each of it's suffixes.

Sample Input:

ababaa
aa
Sample Output:

Explanation:
For the first case, the suffixes of the string are "ababaa", "babaa", "abaa", "baa", "aa" and "a". The similarities of these strings with the string "ababaa" are 6,0,3,0,1, & 1 respectively. Thus, the answer is 6 + 0 + 3 + 0 + 1 + 1 = 11.

For the second case, the answer is 2 + 1 = 3.

Round 2:
Question: Create a simple json formatted Data without using any json Libraries

Interview Question – Round 2 Question   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

Interviewed at Flipkart.com

Interview Details – the hiring process at flipkart walikin for not so well organised. Perhaps more people were there than expected and thus arrangements weren't properly done. Also the process wasn't chronologically coordinated.

Also there was a difference in the basic job description provided initially and what the HR lady had at hand.

Interview Question – the questions wre just basic about the process involved.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Flipkart.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – Following is the process :
1. Codiing Round 2 ques and 90 minutes.
2. Machine coding round
3. Technical Interview(DS).
4. HR Interview.

You need solid preogramming background to clear them.
Practicing competitive programming would be enough, i would say.

Interview Question – As such no difficult ques. but keep good preparation and you will be through.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Software Development Engineer I

Interviewed at Flipkart.com

Interview Details – Overall hiring process was quick and efficient. They focus on each nd every aspect , be it OS , Data Structures , Algorithms or the Projects. Be well prepared with ur subjects. Ur concepts should be vry clear... Analyze ur projects deeply. Also try to think of ways as to hw u could have optimized ur project further.

Interview Question – Find two integers in the BST whose sum is equal to K....
Answer - Try to solve this problem using two stacks nd not by recursion) ......
  Answer Question

Worked for Flipkart.com? Contribute to the Community!