Florida Atlantic University Interview Questions & Reviews in Boca Raton, FL

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Florida Atlantic University in July 2013.

Filed out a paper application in April 2013 for the 2013-2014 academic year. During summer I received an e-mail requesting to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was mostly asked questions about myself and as usual, a couple of what I would do during a certain scenario questions. At the end of the interview I was asked a few questions about scheduling and working preferences. The interview was rather quick and easy.

Towards the end of the summer I received another e-mail saying I had been offered the job. I accepted the position and had to fill out some paperwork as well as attending a training session, but they give you a clear list with all the papers to be filled out and turned in. Once all that is done you are good to work.

Interview Questions
    • If a resident came to you saying they could not find their RA and wanted a room transfer, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer
    No negotiation, all SA's make $8.25/hr. You get to pick your shifts during the training session based on availability.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Florida Atlantic University.

Phone interview then an in person

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of the ordinary and nothing specific about the institution that you need to know in advance. However, keep in mind that this will vary depending on what College or department that you are attempting to work in.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. You get what is posted on the website. They do not hand out money like candy. Most positions don't have a range, but a set pay.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Florida Atlantic University.

Friendly and Detailed. Made expectations clear. Hired later that day!

The salary requirements were clear.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Florida Atlantic University in October 2008.

It was a group interview. I was already an employee in the same office. My co-workers that were part of the interview group told me that everyone but one person - one of the managers - supported my promotion to Program Assistant.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you like the least about your current position?" Since I was working in that office at the time I had to be very careful with my answer.   Answer Question
    The offer included an acceptable salary increase and I accepted the position.

Worked for Florida Atlantic University? Contribute to the Community!