Florida Atlantic University Interview Questions in Boca Raton, FL

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.4

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Phone interview then an in person

Interview Questions

• nothing out of the ordinary and nothing specific about the institution that you need to know in advance. However, keep in mind that this will vary depending on what College or department that you are attempting to work in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. You get what is posted on the website. They do not hand out money like candy. Most positions don't have a range, but a set pay.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Filed out a paper application in April 2013 for the 2013-2014 academic year. During summer I received an e-mail requesting to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was mostly asked questions about myself and as usual, a couple of what I would do during a certain scenario questions. At the end of the interview I was asked a few questions about scheduling and working preferences. The interview was rather quick and easy.

Towards the end of the summer I received another e-mail saying I had been offered the job. I accepted the position and had to fill out some paperwork as well as attending a training session, but they give you a clear list with all the papers to be filled out and turned in. Once all that is done you are good to work.

Interview Questions

• If a resident came to you saying they could not find their RA and wanted a room transfer, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, all SA's make $8.25/hr. You get to pick your shifts during the training session based on availability.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Friendly and Detailed. Made expectations clear. Hired later that day!

Negotiation

The salary requirements were clear.

Audio Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

i was interviewed by 2 manager, they asked me about my GPA and what subject am i interested in, i told them electrical engineering, and computer science. the manager was satisfy with all the answers

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

There is a 3 hour long group interview in which you complete various tasks so that they can see how you work together. During this time a mix of RA's and RC/HC's are taking notes and observing. The individual interview consists of a few RA's and 1 RC or HC. They ask a series of questions, but try to make you feel comfortable, although it's difficult because it feels like an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would make a good resident assistant.   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

There was an information session about the position then followed by submitting an application. At later date there was 3 interviews, 2 consisting of group interviews and 1 individual interview by a small group of current employees. The process was smooth and consisted of typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Resident Assistant   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate, the benefits are standard and they place you where they feel you are best fit.

Post Doctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with several members of the lab, including current and former employees. then was invited for an on-site interview which took about half a day total. Had nice lunch with the head of the department. Also went to a presentation that happened to be on the same day. Everyone was very friendly and courteous.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume as a Graduate Student for the school database. A few weeks later, I was contacted by a Professor who needed a team of Teaching Assistants for the upcoming semester. Due to my previous experience as an administrator and supervisor, the interview process was easy and went well. Besides the regular interview questions, I was asked to do some problem-solving in the classroom situations.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in October 2008.

Interview

It was a group interview. I was already an employee in the same office. My co-workers that were part of the interview group told me that everyone but one person - one of the managers - supported my promotion to Program Assistant.

Interview Questions

• "What do you like the least about your current position?" Since I was working in that office at the time I had to be very careful with my answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer included an acceptable salary increase and I accepted the position.