Florida Atlantic University

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.6

Greeter Interview

The hiring process is pretty straight forward. I simply walked in to inquire about open positions and was brought into the office of one of the assistant directors. They gave me a run down of the position and provided me an application.

The interview was predominantly comprised of basic interview questions regarding my resume followed by asking me to respond to "pretend" situations.

No negotiation, they basically told me what I would be getting paid.

Student Government Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University.

so awkward that they are open to the public. those interviewing have never done so before and have no idea how to do so. everyone being interviewed is as experienced as those interviewing.

Student Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Florida Atlantic University.

The director of the school will really gauge your dedication to the faculty and listen to referrals.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University.

Phone interview then an in person

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of the ordinary and nothing specific about the institution that you need to know in advance. However, keep in mind that this will vary depending on what College or department that you are attempting to work in.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. You get what is posted on the website. They do not hand out money like candy. Most positions don't have a range, but a set pay.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University in July 2013.

Filed out a paper application in April 2013 for the 2013-2014 academic year. During summer I received an e-mail requesting to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was mostly asked questions about myself and as usual, a couple of what I would do during a certain scenario questions. At the end of the interview I was asked a few questions about scheduling and working preferences. The interview was rather quick and easy.

Towards the end of the summer I received another e-mail saying I had been offered the job. I accepted the position and had to fill out some paperwork as well as attending a training session, but they give you a clear list with all the papers to be filled out and turned in. Once all that is done you are good to work.

Interview Questions
    • If a resident came to you saying they could not find their RA and wanted a room transfer, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer
    No negotiation, all SA's make $8.25/hr. You get to pick your shifts during the training session based on availability.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University.

Friendly and Detailed. Made expectations clear. Hired later that day!

The salary requirements were clear.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University in February 2013.

There was an information session about the position then followed by submitting an application. At later date there was 3 interviews, 2 consisting of group interviews and 1 individual interview by a small group of current employees. The process was smooth and consisted of typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a Resident Assistant   View Answer
    There was nothing to negotiate, the benefits are standard and they place you where they feel you are best fit.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University in October 2008.

It was a group interview. I was already an employee in the same office. My co-workers that were part of the interview group told me that everyone but one person - one of the managers - supported my promotion to Program Assistant.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you like the least about your current position?" Since I was working in that office at the time I had to be very careful with my answer.   Answer Question
    The offer included an acceptable salary increase and I accepted the position.

Senior Electronic Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Pierce, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Pierce, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Florida Atlantic University in July 2008.

No interview with FAU - they had subsumed my previous employer.

Interview Questions
    Was offered what I was making - this was just a change of ownership situation.

Graduate Assistant Interview

I submitted application packet and was accepted. I had to take GRE and needed at least 1100 in order to be admitted into the program. After I got into the program, the department offered graduate assistant job and I happily accepted