Florida Blue

28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Florida Blue.

Interview Details – Process is right out of the book for interviewing. Once you get past HR, managers ask text book questions.

Interview Question – I don't recall being stumped by any of these 1980's - 1990's style of interviewing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are set salaries for every position and there is no negotiations. Florida Blue will always get a candidate who will take the job for what they offer.

Developer Interview

Developer
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Florida Blue in January 2014.

Interview Details – Had a 45 minute interview with FB. I'm still waiting to hear if I was selected or not selected for the position I contact the company 2 weeks after the interview, and the HR rep replied saying the company is currently in a hiring freeze.

Interview Question – The questions asked were straight forward. The interview was a combination of behavioral type questions and technical questions   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

IT Business Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Florida Blue in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a group of people. Questions were pretty general. Did not ask any trick questions. Pretty standard stuff. Spent most of the interview talking about what I do in current positiuon. Didn't ask why I wanted to leave, and I didn't volunteer. Very pleasant people. I got the impression that they were not sure exactly what technical skills they were looking for.

Interview Question – What project management methodology do you prefer to use?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straightforward through a recruiter.

Project Manager II Interview

Project Manager II

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Florida Blue.

Interview Details – structured behavioural questions. A lot of questions and what what will you do if this happens.

Interview Question – None at all, but what was your most difficult decision in the last six months   View Answer

Business Specialist IIIa Interview

Business Specialist IIIa

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Florida Blue.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview that included competency words like 'courage', 'ambiguous', etc. in which you had to provide examples. Definitely study and use the STAR method.

Interview Question – Sometimes they ask questions that are hard to provide answers to if you have <5 years experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My recruiter suggested an amount much higher than what the hiring manager was willing to pay. I felt like the hiring manager and the recruiter were not on the same page as far as salary and sign-on bonus. I was really disappointed.

Contract Negotiator Interview

Contract Negotiator
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Florida Blue.

Interview Details – Interview process was disastrous. I received an email advising I was selected to participate in a telephone interview and that someone would contact me within 10 days with all the pertinent information. 2 1/2 weeks later I get a phone call to schedule the interview. I get online for the interview no one ever comes on the line. Two days later I get a phone call from the recruiter saying she received my message and apologized for the error and advised the phone interview would be conducted in the next hour. What the world?

Interview Question – Are you available for a telephone interview in an hour?   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Florida Blue.

Interview Details – Lots of personality tests - about 5 hours worth of them. In formal interview with execs one on one. No clear line between them. Each of them had a different vision for the role.

Interview Question – How will you get rid of the person you just interviewed with last if you get the job (yes this was an actual question)> I interviewed with someone they wanted me to displace.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fair - they are generous there.

Healthcare Data Analyst Interview

Healthcare Data Analyst

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Florida Blue.

Interview Details – It is a about 4 hours interview. all questions are related to your previews experience (behavioral test). They need very specific examples about your experiences, and try to know your 'type' from your answers. People are nice and respectful.

Interview Question – Can you give me an example about the misunderstanding caused by your communication with your colleges? and how you correct it?   Answer Question

Analytic Intern Interview

Analytic Intern
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Florida Blue in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1st Phone call, then onsite

Interview Question – Most are behavioral questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Florida Blue in June 2009.

Interview Details – Behavioral style interviews, had to interview twice.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked for a boss you did not get along with. What did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Florida Blue? Contribute to the Community!

Florida Blue Videos

Florida Blue – Why Work for Us?

​ With a career at Florida Blue, you can help us find the best solutions in the pursuit of health, not only for ourselves, but also for our families, neighbors and communities. We’re a health solutions company… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Florida Blue interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Florida Blue employees and interview candidates.