Florida Blue Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2015

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Florida Blue in February 2015.

The interview process was very unprofessional, the hiring manager was more interested in finding the most convenient candidate instead of the most qualified, it seemed like the group were people who got their jobs because they were friends with someone who was working there - it was not a professional environment and the pay rate was lower than other companies for the same job title..

The people at Florida Blue (at least the Business Analyst group) were very unprofessional.

Bilingual Retail Center Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Florida Blue in December 2014.

I submitted my application online on a Sunday evening after seeing the job posted from Friday, received a phone call on Monday from a human resources manager. She proceeded to ask a few questions in regards to my resume, and then asked if I would be available for an interview the following day, Tuesday. I accepted and confirmed the time and the location, which she informed is the actual work address of the retail center. When I arrived the next day, 10 minutes before my scheduled time, I asked for the manager name I was given, the front desk person checked a list, and I was told to take a seat. After a few minutes, I was taken to a conference room, and waited for the manager to arrive. Two managers came in and introduced themselves to me as a human resources manager, and a sales manager or team leader.

I was asked a few questions about my resume, and was then asked some behavioural, or situational type questions (when did it seem you would not meet a goal, and what did you do or how did you react?), etc.

The sales team manager was very professional, conversational and easy going, and told me a bit about the workplace culture, and what to really expect as far as work hours (not a 9 to 5), and work schedules (could include Saturday and/or Sunday). I let them know I had nothing that would impede my being able to work flexible hours and schedules.

The human resource manager told me that I didn't really have any industry specific experience (insurance), even though my resume is impressive with sales experience, and that they had other candidates to interview and they would let me know. At that point, I realized my chances were somewhat diminished, but I told her that although I hadn't written up any policies yet, I had been appointed to an insurance agency and had met with several leads.

Received a system generated email on Friday that I had not been selected, in favor of another candidate that more specifically fit the job criteria. Very disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time when you may have been treated unfairly at your job and how did you react/do about it ?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Florida Blue.

They came to my college campus to recruit. They asked 3 behavioral questions and one analytical question. Two of the behavioral questions were: how have you encouraged teamwork? How have you dealt with a difficult team member respectfully? How have you moved towards a goal (aside from trying to pass actuarial exams)?

Sales Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida Blue.

I was called by a recruiter after she saw my resume online, there was a phone interview and then an in person interview. Same questions as most interviews, "what are your strengths/ weaknesses", "where do you see yourself in five years", "describe a challenging situation and how you dealt with it".

I was hired as a temp and then when I was hired full time I was able to negotiate.

Consultant I Interview

Very formal, HR interview questions, the interview focused primarily on hypotheticals questions rather than relevant experience. HR can be a slow moving process that seems detached from the organization and the hiring manager.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Blue.

Process is right out of the book for interviewing. Once you get past HR, managers ask text book questions.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall being stumped by any of these 1980's - 1990's style of interviewing   Answer Question
    There are set salaries for every position and there is no negotiations. Florida Blue will always get a candidate who will take the job for what they offer.

Project Manager II Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Blue.

structured behavioural questions. A lot of questions and what what will you do if this happens.

Interview Questions
    • None at all, but what was your most difficult decision in the last six months   View Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Florida Blue in January 2014.

Had a 45 minute interview with FB. I'm still waiting to hear if I was selected or not selected for the position I contact the company 2 weeks after the interview, and the HR rep replied saying the company is currently in a hiring freeze.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were straight forward. The interview was a combination of behavioral type questions and technical questions   Answer Question

Delivery Systems Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida Blue in January 2014.

Called in to do a face to face interview. The inter view was with the manager and the current person in the position. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Also did a phone interview follow up with another manager at a remote location. I Was given an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled meeting multiple deadline at the same time in the past   Answer Question

Business Specialist IIIa Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Florida Blue.

Behavioral interview that included competency words like 'courage', 'ambiguous', etc. in which you had to provide examples. Definitely study and use the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes they ask questions that are hard to provide answers to if you have <5 years experience.   Answer Question
    My recruiter suggested an amount much higher than what the hiring manager was willing to pay. I felt like the hiring manager and the recruiter were not on the same page as far as salary and sign-on bonus. I was really disappointed.