Florida Blue Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

3.1

Business Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Blue in July 2013.

One phone call with HR, an on-site with four people and then a one-on-one with the director that was more a conversation than an interview. Interview consisted of behavioral questions with no focus on my resume or skills.

Interview Questions
    • All the behavioral questions that any one with half a brain can make up an answer to in a split second   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Analytic Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Blue in May 2013.

1st Phone call, then onsite

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Florida Blue in February 2012.

Two people conducted a very strict interview, asking generic questions and specific questions for problem solving. Wrote down everything I said- not conversational at all. Very impersonal and cold. Blessing in disguise that I didn't get this job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan to execute our mission?   View Answer

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Florida Blue in November 2011.

Panel style interview with a pool of questions. THey seemed to have no specific rhyme or reason, and no relevance to the job. Seemed to be more of a formality than actually caring about the person interviewed.

Try asking me a serious question about my background instead of "how would you feel if someone took your pen?"

Interview Questions

Salary was far below industry standard with zero negotiation.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Florida Blue in May 2011.

Interviewed by a group of people. Questions were pretty general. Did not ask any trick questions. Pretty standard stuff. Spent most of the interview talking about what I do in current positiuon. Didn't ask why I wanted to leave, and I didn't volunteer. Very pleasant people. I got the impression that they were not sure exactly what technical skills they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • What project management methodology do you prefer to use?   View Answer
    Straightforward through a recruiter.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Florida Blue in December 2010.

Hiring process was lengthy. Group interviews consisted of standard questions.

Sales Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida Blue in September 2010.

I first applied for the position online. The next day, I received a call from their HR dept basically conducting a screening to see if I met the minimum requirements. After this, I was instructed to take a test online. The test was a simulator of what the actual job would be like, and it tested me to see if I was a good fit. I passed the test and was notified via email that I was selected to have a face to face interview. This interview was about a week later. There were two managers conducting the interview. One who was a trainer and the other which was the actual manager of the dept I would work in. The interview style was the type where they give u a word, tell u the definition of that word, then ask you to give an example of when you had to deal with that...

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you didnt meet an expected goal? What did you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They told me the base salary and told me what the average person made after commission, and asked me if that was acceptable...
    I said yes

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida Blue in February 2010.

I had a phone interview with the staffing person, then I got a second interview with a panel that consisted of hiring manager and the department manager along with a peer. The interview went very well everyone was nice. The interviewers asked questions based on a script that they appeared reluntant to deviate from.

Interview Questions

Based on details given about the job, I decided it was not what I wanted or what I thought I had applied for

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Florida Blue in June 2009.

Behavioral style interviews, had to interview twice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked for a boss you did not get along with. What did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Accountant IIb Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida Blue in October 2008.

I applied for a job online with BCBSFL. A BC corporate recruiter contacted me to pre-screen me to ensure I met the specific qualifications they were looking for. The recruiter was very friendly and pleasant and asked me a few basic questions like where I graduated college, what degree I obtained, my previous employer, additional certification, ect. When she determined that I met the minimum qualifications, she called me back to schedule a phone interview. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager for the department I had applied for. The phone interview lasted around 1 hr and was very thorough and detailed. BCBS uses the behavior interview questions where they ask you a question and ask you to provide examples, both positive and negative regarding your answer. After the phone interview, the recruiter called me again to schedule an in person interview. I met with a panal of 3 people, inlucding the senior manager over the department and two managers from the department. They hammered me with about 1 1/2 hours of behavioral interview questions. They were very detailed. Some of my answers I felt were pretty well thought out, but they would ask me to be more detailed, offer more examples, ect...It was pretty gruling considering this was not a management position I had applied for. After the panal interview, I received an e-mail asking me to complete an online assessment. The assessment was a little strange, it was not skills based or specific to my field. It asked a bunch of general questions regarding drug use, work ethic, ect.. After I completed the online assessment, the recruiter called me back and made me an offer. I declined the offer b/c I thought it was a little low. She called back the next day with a higher offer and a relocation package. I accepted the offer and she scheduled a drug screen which I had to complete within 48hrs.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to use 5 words to describe yourself, what would they be? Give examples of each.   View Answer
    • What is the thing that frustrates you the most about work in general? Give examples.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a complete relocation package which was pretty lucrative considering the position I was offered was not a management position. I recieved a $4,000 moving bonus (grossed up for taxes so I actually got $4,000 after taxes instead of some ridiculous amount). They paid the closing costs on the sale of my home as well as the closing costs on the purchase of a new home and provided a real estate agent who specialized in people relocating to help with both. They had Suddath Van Lines pack and move all of my belongings. I also received a signing bonus for accepting the offer.