Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Updated Jul 16, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

Sanitation and Safety Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

Submit resume through State Of Florida People First Website / Create account and prepare basic resume for submission when vacancy is posted / job vacancy posting can be for short period of time / suggest setup automated vacancy notification by email / resume after submission vetted by human resources / forwarded to supervisor of vacancy / telephone call for set up appointment made

Interview Questions
    • Interview 2 to 3 hours long with computer skill assessment   Answer Question
    Salary negotiation limited

Environmental Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services in August 2013.

submit your resume on line (people first), after a couple month, you will be contacted for interview if picked. You will get a written test and oral test with manager.

Chemist III Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

Asked to give knowledge on instrumentation, sample techniques, ect Oral and Written Exam, Hiring Process is lengthily

Interview Questions
    • Trouble shooting an instrument, what you did and why, and did you resolve   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Office Automation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Haven, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Haven, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services in June 2011.

Took 4 months from interview to hire.

Interview Questions
    • What help-desk software are you currently familiar with?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Biological Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services in January 2009.

Application for position submitted through "jobs.myflorida.com". Filled out resume, standard employment questionnaire; skills, education, employment history, recommendations. Offer to interview several months later. Had to drive to Gainesville from Miami to interview in person. Interview was conducted by senior management, direct manager for position, administrative assistant, and co-worker. Was a battery of questions regarding biology, philosophy of science, problem-solving approach, how I might resolve interpersonal difficulties or on-the-job confusion. I provided a writing and presentation sample via email. Heard back three months later, and had to answer additional questions in order to clarify resume, and then offered position.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a manager who accused me of misunderstanding his orders?   Answer Question
    There was little negotiation. I named a number within the quoted salary range for the position and which was comparable for that position in other states, and was laughed at. I was informed that they could give me a 10% bump from the base pay listed, but that they could not offer more than that. As the economy was sliding down into recession, and I had not heard back from other options, gritted my teeth and accepted.

Work at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services? Share Your Experiences

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services