Florida Department of Children and Families

Relevance Date Difficulty

Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist I Interview

Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist I
Fort Myers, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families in April 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process took about 6 weeks. First you have to take a test. The test consists of all math questions. You have to pay attention to the questions, thats where the reading comprehension and analysis comes into play. In my opinion, the test was pretty easy. I didn't get to complete one question and I still passed. You have 30 minutes to take the test. If you pass the test, then you get an interview. The interview was pretty easy. "What makes you succeed?' "How do you handle irate customers?" Those are some of the types of questions that they will ask. You will also be filling paperwork as well. After interview, they will look over all interviews to pick top applicants. If you are one the top applicants you will be asked to do a fingerprint. Please do not lie on the application. they will be able to tell. If you pass, then more paperwork to be filled and faxed or scanned then emailed to them. The job offer. After the interview everything else is easy, just a slow process. I believe that if you pass the interview and have a clean background, or your offense does not disqualify you, then you basically have the job.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty easy and basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Child Protective Investigator Interview

Child Protective Investigator
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families in March 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online on Myflorida.com. Interviewers are looking for employees that fit in with the team.

Interview Question – It was too long ago. The interview questions mostly entail questions about what you would do in different situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Operations Review Specialist Interview

Operations Review Specialist
Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families in April 2013.

Interview Details – Met with 2 managers - they were nice. Interview consisted of 20 standard questions followed by 2 "skills assessments" on the computer. One skill assessment was 10 questions about the Medicaid/APD waiver programs OR about Food stamps benefits (specific questions, knowledge based) and the other assessment was "here's a fact pattern, write a final order." No research was supposed to be done for either skill assessment - it was based on what you already know. 1 hour to complete both. Position requires some travel and a yearly financial disclosure.

Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families in August 2009.

Interview Details – Three person interview.

Interview Question – How do you handle an irate customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Esss1 Interview

Esss1
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families in April 2012.

Interview Details – 3 panel interview, 6 questions, what to do in dif situations.

Interview Question – order of things to do thru day   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was a face to face interview

Interview Question – What are some of your good traits?   Answer Question

Worked for Florida Department of Children and Families? Contribute to the Community!