Florida Department of Children and Families

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Florida Department of Children and Families

Essi Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families.

Interview

Typical questions, nothing too serious. Interview questions were mainly explaining your past employment and what skills you learned there. There is a math sample that you gave to take and pass.

Child Protective Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Pleasant but nerve wrecking. Both hiring managers were really nice. They prepared you before starting. They used questionnaires and warned you before starting that they were going to focus on the paper.

Ess I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The job was posted I applied I passed the math but missed the typing by one point. Was so upset. So the job posted again applied and within a couple of days was called and asked if I was still interested I said yes. Took the test they sent me and thought I had to take the test again this time but didnt have to. The lady was so sweet by the way that assisted the prospects before the test or interview. She made me feel comfotable. Forgot her name though. But she assured me not to be nervous. When I walked in she was like dont I know you and I said yes remember I missed the typing test by one point. She was like I felt so bad. Glad you came back. I told her i was persistent about coming back. Anyway I was nervous throughout the whole interview and I made that clear to the interviewers. It was two of them. They were very nonchalant, it was a total of 6-8 questions I believe. And as you responded they wrote down what you said on the question sheet and checked off boxes on the paper. Still awaiting to hear back. One of the interviewers which was a guy and a lady, he walked me out and to the elevator. Said they would be sending my application and interview responses to management and I will hear back from them once they reached a decision. Not quite sure what that means.

Interview Questions

• Kind of blanked out but was nervous. What skills or experience have you learned in the past motivates you or something to that nature.   17 Answers

Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I received an email about less than a week after I applied for the position.I open the link took the test pass on about five or six days later was offered an interview. I took the test again at the interview passed sat down with a Roderick and I think the lady is Erica answer the questions they both look interested I'm not sure I was a bit nervous I even forgot to ask questions at the end of the interview all in all it seems as though it went okay I'm still waiting on a response as to whether I got the job

Interview Questions

• what type of career and working environment would you prefer to be in?   11 Answers
    • tell me about a time that you had work which was still not completed at the end of the day how did you prioritize   Answer Question

Abuse Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Tallahassee, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

There is more than one interview the first is a group interview which has two parts. First you have a panel who ask questions followed by a a written portion,typing test,and mock call. If you make it through all that then you get a call back for an individual interview where you are asked basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• if we where to call your supervisor and asked them what is something you need to work on what it b?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations!

Essi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Sample test required passing score if 25 to continue on. Was contacted by phone approximately 2 weeks later for face to face interview. Lengthy interview and interviewer wrote every word answered down by hand. Asked about ability to handle heavy stressful workload. Was informed that position has potential for telecommuting. Was contacted again 1 week later for fingerprinting. Waited another 10 days and was contacted by phone with offer. Did not receive proposal by email until about 3 weeks later. Very lengthy process and each step involved a different person.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you did not agree with the company decision making and how did you handle.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families in March 2015.

Interview

Had a two hour skills test. Unfortunately the skills test was in part, on things NOT listed as part of the position. I cannot give you an example without disclosing it. You will be expected to stay in the room all two hours (if needed) without a bathroom or water break. If you leave the test is over. Test said to bring a calculator, I went out and bought one, but one was provided. I tested with two current employees applying for the same job. There were some no shows. the top four scorers were supposed to be selected for the interview. There were three of us. We were all there at the end...meaning no one completed before the end of time. I was not selected for the interview. Told I did not meet minimum 70%. If I had advance notice of what was on the skills test I would have been able to pass with flying colors. I am NOT happy. I read the glass door interview(s). Nothing was mentioned..so perhaps they added this on skills test and removed another part of test...but failed to update the job description.

Interview Questions

• Will you work a year without vacation and are you aware we hire at the minimum and there are no salary increases? They have to be voted in. We have not had a raise in years.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families.

Interview

The interview consist of a typing test in which you must get 35 wpm and a math test! After the typing and the math test is passed, a interview is conducted. The interview questions are straightforward and easy. Be prepared to be there for a hour and more.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not that difficult   4 Answers

ESSS-! Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Miami, FL).

Interview

interview was simple you take a test if you do well you will called in for an interview,where you will be asked a few questions such as have you ever been in a situation where you had to show initiative, have you ever had a problem at work with a co-worker and how did you handle it I'm not sure if I have an offer I'm still awaiting my background check its taking an awfully long time interviewers were pretty nice

Interview Questions

• they were all minimally difficult   2 Answers

Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Florida Department of Children and Families (Lakeland, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Arrived to a room of about 15-20 candidates. Had to take about 20 question math test, typing test with a minimum of 35 WPM, then face to face interview with two interviewers. I'm not good at interviews and discussing myself. Overall not a bad process.