Florida Department of Corrections

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.4

Correctional Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

You will be asked standardized questions that are general about the job. Most of the time, the questions are easy and are meant to see what you would do in certain situations. Don't concern yourself with studying or anything like that. If they ask you if you would shoot a inmate escaping just say yes.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you observed another employee doing something that violates the rules   View Answer
    No negotiation, pay is set in stone.

Certified Correctional Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

Interview was a great experience, not really hard, mostly common since, Get to meet some great people, It is a very professional environment. Get to meet the top personnel of the preson

Interview Questions
    • Unkown environment, live every day not knowning what is ahead of you   Answer Question

Correctional Officer Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

Pass the F-Bat
    Have a good Interview and your in.
    They are hiring people for paid training but only in certain counties.

Interview Questions
    • you arrive on the scene, you hear a child screaming you locate the child and don't see anybody around. What do you do?   View Answer

Mental Health Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

Slow to advertise, interviews ok

Interview Questions
    None. Take it or leave it. The private company taking over has chronic problems. Poor benefits. I would not apply with them now starting out

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Very informal with a relaxed feeling just probing for obvious character flaws. Written questionnaire asking about things you would be willing to do shifts,touching people and watching people in the nude etc.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to shoot an inmate who is escaping?   View Answer
    No negotiation for entey-level positions.

Senior Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

many scnarios of what would you do in certain situations, nursing skills, how you feel about working with criminals

Interview Questions
    straight forward this is what we pay for your experience

Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

Only question asked was how long ago did I start my career. The rest was policies, rules and regulations. Took 2 months to hear back due to FL government and all the red tape. Not any more to say.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiating anything. I am making now what I was making after I celebrated 5 yrs in niursing. Don't even apply.

Correctional Officer Sergeant Interview

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections in November 2010.

Interagency promotion.

Interview Questions
    • Questions involve restricted or confidential information related to department policy.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, you take what they give you or you dont get it.

Worked for Florida Department of Corrections? Contribute to the Community!