Florida Department of Corrections

Updated Nov 6, 2014
Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.5

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Orlando, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a panel interview conducted by the warden, recruiting sergeant and a Correctional officer. The questions asked were very basic questions I.e. why do you want to be a corrections officer? Would you shoot an inmate trying to escape? Where do you see yourself 5 yrs from now and the last one I remember was, if you saw a friend/co worker stealing or doing something inappropriate what would be your course of action? Everything else was simply going over policies. Once the interview is done they will want to address any concerns that you may have so make sure you atleast have 2 or 3 questions you would like answered. At the very end they tell you they will review your application once more and make a determination whether or not they will continue the hiring process with you or not. I received an email 20 mins after leaving and now I'm currently providing follow up information for possible employment.

Interview Questions

• Would you shoot an inmate trying to escape?   1 Answer

C/O Interview

Interview

The interview took one month. Met the hiring sergeant several times. He was nice. Process was slow. Started right away when hired and went into the field with no experience. I went to the academy a few months later.

Negotiation

none

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

Interview

You will be asked standardized questions that are general about the job. Most of the time, the questions are easy and are meant to see what you would do in certain situations. Don't concern yourself with studying or anything like that. If they ask you if you would shoot a inmate escaping just say yes.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you observed another employee doing something that violates the rules   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, pay is set in stone.

Certified Correctional Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

Interview

Interview was a great experience, not really hard, mostly common since, Get to meet some great people, It is a very professional environment. Get to meet the top personnel of the preson

Interview Questions

• Unkown environment, live every day not knowning what is ahead of you   Answer Question

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

Interview

Pass the F-Bat
    Have a good Interview and your in.
    They are hiring people for paid training but only in certain counties.

Interview Questions

• you arrive on the scene, you hear a child screaming you locate the child and don't see anybody around. What do you do?   1 Answer

Mental Health Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

Interview

Slow to advertise, interviews ok

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it. The private company taking over has chronic problems. Poor benefits. I would not apply with them now starting out

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Florida Department of Corrections (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Very informal with a relaxed feeling just probing for obvious character flaws. Written questionnaire asking about things you would be willing to do shifts,touching people and watching people in the nude etc.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to shoot an inmate who is escaping?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for entey-level positions.

Senior Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

Interview

many scnarios of what would you do in certain situations, nursing skills, how you feel about working with criminals

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

straight forward this is what we pay for your experience

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Department of Corrections.

Interview

Only question asked was how long ago did I start my career. The rest was policies, rules and regulations. Took 2 months to hear back due to FL government and all the red tape. Not any more to say.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiating anything. I am making now what I was making after I celebrated 5 yrs in niursing. Don't even apply.

Correctional Officer Sergeant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Department of Corrections in November 2010.

Interview

Interagency promotion.

Interview Questions

• Questions involve restricted or confidential information related to department policy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, you take what they give you or you dont get it.