Florida Department of Education

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Florida Department of Education

Program Specialist Interview

Interviewed with a panel. The interview was great. Received offer. Hiring process is taking forever. I'm unsure how long the wait is expected. If anyone knows please advise as I am beginning to think I should consider other options. I'm totally unsure what to think.

Program Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Florida Department of Education.

Interview process was exelent but the job description is way different to the questions asked. For example, job description talks about Camtasia but there was no question asked about it.

Interview Questions

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Department of Education in April 2013.

Interview, 3 month wait. Out of their control for paperwork so it takes awhile.

Interview Questions
    • Interview process they ask basic knowledge programming questions   View Answer
    Kind of stuck with whatever I got, no bargaining room.

Senior Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Florida Department of Education in January 2010.

Employ Florida website keyword skills search resulted in first phone interview with hiring manager. This went very well although I learned little about the actual job. Brought in for a one on one with same manager followed by a team interview where 2 other managers and a key coworker were asking different questions. The questions were simple open ended and were not structured or prepared. It appeared very casual and probably not consistent for all candidates. It was possible to lead the interview but that would not be the case for others.

At the time, the culture seemed very cordial and team oriented, almost too informal. A lot of retirement turnover followed new benefit restrictions, and others moved upwards within the department, over 50% in a year. Due to contract issues, the contractor also had very high turnover during this period, that has stabilized. The result is a quite young and inexperienced group, in my opinion, relative to the high profile of the work.

The office and DOE in general are female predominant at all levels, an unusual and welcome regard for females in management, but also consistent with sexist attitudes in K-12 education in general. IT seems to be still a male dominated area.

Negotiated to highest salary available for position required special approvals that took months to accomplish, salary accepted was still below market at the time.