Florida Department of Health

Updated May 22, 2014
Updated May 22, 2014

2.8

WIC Nutritionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Florida Department of Health in January 2014.

Two interviews. First a technical interview to assess your skills, work experiences, and knowledge of nutrition counseling. The interview was conducted by two people. One person asked the questions while the other person recorded answers for scoring later. They said if you reach a certain score they will call you back for a second interview. If you successfully make it through this interview then there is a behavioral interview which assesses your behavior and reactions to certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • What types of questions would you ask clients about their nutrition habits?
      Describe a situation where you had a deadline to meet and how did you meet it.
        Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate since it was an entry level, directly out of college position.

Regulatory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Florida Department of Health in September 2013.

The interview process was relaxed and the interviewing committee was very professional. The questions asked pertained directly to the position and the agency does a thorough job of evaluating potential employees.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question referred to the handling of an irate caller.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

WIC Peer Counselor Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Florida Department of Health.

The interview process was fair. I think what helped me the most was my enthusiasm and my experience as a breastfeeding mom

Interview Questions
    There wasn't really any negotiation at the time b/c I was making a lateral move.

DOH - FACILITIES SERVICES MANAGER II - SES - 64054365 - FORT LAUDERDALE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Florida Department of Health in August 2013.

I applied on line and about a month later I was called for an interview. They told me to show up the next day without much notice. I arrived on time but it took them a while to call me in. It consisted of a three person panel composed of diverse backgrounds.

They read a list of about 10 questions that were improperly structured and you could tell that they were put together without any significant order and were just going to be used as part of justifying documentation.

I had a hard time understanding one of the interviewing managers as his English skills seem quite limited. One of them explained to me that they were interviewing 10 candidates and three would be called for behavioral interviewing. I was never called, so I can not tell you about that part of the process.

Interview Questions
    • What is an ideal temperature and humidity for and HVAC system in a Florida office environment?

What budgeting software have you used in the past.
        Answer Question

Regulatory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Florida Department of Health.

Apply at myflorida.com. Wait for phone call or email. Skills test before or after interview. Sell yourself during interview. Hope for call back or expect to find rejection email in mail box. Do not be discouraged. Often times there is already an internal applicant in the office deserving of a promotion who will get the job. Or the hiring manager already has a friend or relative, or friend of a friend in the applicant pool. However, you may be lucky to find a manager with few friend who are already employed, and an office staff who know better than to apply for that particular job, leaving you with an actual chance of getting the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. You should be greatful that you were given an offer, because someone else was very willing to take it.

Medical Disability Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Florida Department of Health in February 2010.

Simply put, I filled out an application online for a Medical Disability Examiner. I was informed that it was "multi-hire" and they were looking to hire roughly 100 people in a short amount of time. Eleven days later, I was called out to interview with two individuals.

Along with the application they ask you to submit answers to about 5 survey questions. The survey questions are the interview questions.

Interview Questions

Extenuating circumstances stopped me from being able to relocate.

Technology Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Florida Department of Health in January 2010.

Straight forward interview with a panel of 3 people. Interviewee started with salary information, hours. Each member asked a question after you were asked if you had any questions. Follow by a simple skill test.

Interview Questions
    • If we called your past employer what would they tell us?   Answer Question

Worked for Florida Department of Health? Contribute to the Community!