Florida Department of Health Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.8

Medical Disability Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health.

Interview

Study the Disability "Blue Book" on the Social Security Administration website. Know typical medical terms/diseases and which body system it belongs to as will have to take a 'work sample' before interview offered. Interviews are by a panel of 3 individuals which ask questions about your ethics, ability to do research, self-starter, and case management skills.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not know what to do on a case?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Interview

Sit in a room with five people and answer tech questions. The interview lasted one hour and I was hired on the spot, Overall it was not very stressful but others with less experience might have a different opinion.

Government Operations Consultant II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health in August 2014.

Interview

It was a surprise interview, I was called because I had been recommended for a position. Came in the next morning to find out that I had an interview that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• How did my current experience fit into the role that they were hiring for.   Answer Question

WIC Peer Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health.

Interview

The interview process was fair. I think what helped me the most was my enthusiasm and my experience as a breastfeeding mom

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiation at the time b/c I was making a lateral move.

WIC Nutritionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health in January 2014.

Interview

Two interviews. First a technical interview to assess your skills, work experiences, and knowledge of nutrition counseling. The interview was conducted by two people. One person asked the questions while the other person recorded answers for scoring later. They said if you reach a certain score they will call you back for a second interview. If you successfully make it through this interview then there is a behavioral interview which assesses your behavior and reactions to certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What types of questions would you ask clients about their nutrition habits? Describe a situation where you had a deadline to meet and how did you meet it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate since it was an entry level, directly out of college position.

Regulatory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Apply at myflorida.com. Wait for phone call or email. Skills test before or after interview. Sell yourself during interview. Hope for call back or expect to find rejection email in mail box. Do not be discouraged. Often times there is already an internal applicant in the office deserving of a promotion who will get the job. Or the hiring manager already has a friend or relative, or friend of a friend in the applicant pool. However, you may be lucky to find a manager with few friend who are already employed, and an office staff who know better than to apply for that particular job, leaving you with an actual chance of getting the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest professional fault???   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations. You should be greatful that you were given an offer, because someone else was very willing to take it.

Regulatory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Tallahassee, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed and the interviewing committee was very professional. The questions asked pertained directly to the position and the agency does a thorough job of evaluating potential employees.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging question referred to the handling of an irate caller.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied on line and about a month later I was called for an interview. They told me to show up the next day without much notice. I arrived on time but it took them a while to call me in. It consisted of a three person panel composed of diverse backgrounds. They read a list of about 10 questions that were improperly structured and you could tell that they were put together without any significant order and were just going to be used as part of justifying documentation. I had a hard time understanding one of the interviewing managers as his English skills seem quite limited. One of them explained to me that they were interviewing 10 candidates and three would be called for behavioral interviewing. I was never called, so I can not tell you about that part of the process.

Interview Questions

• What is an ideal temperature and humidity for and HVAC system in a Florida office environment? What budgeting software have you used in the past.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Had an initial panel interview with members from HR and then a second interview with the actual supervisor. I also had to do a skills test (write a letter, do an excel spreadsheet, and edit a travel form). They asked about 8 questions each and the interviews both lasted about 15 mins or less each.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a professional mistake, how did you handle it   Answer Question

Medical Disability Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Department of Health (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

Simply put, I filled out an application online for a Medical Disability Examiner. I was informed that it was "multi-hire" and they were looking to hire roughly 100 people in a short amount of time. Eleven days later, I was called out to interview with two individuals. Along with the application they ask you to submit answers to about 5 survey questions. The survey questions are the interview questions.

Interview Questions

Extenuating circumstances stopped me from being able to relocate.