Florida Gulf Coast University Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

2.2

Unspecified Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University.

Interview

Usual process is phone contact, next a phone or skype interview, then an onsite interview which is almost always a panel of 3 to 8 people. In some departments you actually meet with several panels and individuals one after another over the course of a few hours. Fairly extensive no matter what department you are applying for, and I have applied for several.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a position where you did not get along with a supervisor and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant - Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applications are weeded through by HR prior to department notification of qualified (per HR) applicant list. Phase 1. Routinely phone interviews performed by a team selected to complete interviews for the posted position. Phase 2. If selected, and onsite interview is scheduled where you meet with key personnel in the department. Phase 3. Finalists are traditionally called back to interview with department director and possibly other higher level staff. This process can take anywhere from 2 - 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your work when several project deadlines are looming?   Answer Question

Part-time Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

I went in and applied for the position, and they already knew me because of some friends. Turns out friends are all you really need to get a job here.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me much. They asked what I knew about PCs. That's about it.   Answer Question

Student Research Analyst/Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process is very straight forward. You would email the Director of the institution your resume and cover letter (if there is an opening available) and he'll call/email you to set an appointment if you caught his curiosity from your resume/cover letter.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are basic questions; going through your resume, getting a feel for your skill levels that are needed for the position, etc.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University in May 2012.

Interview

When trying to get hired, it is best to talk to a professor or mentor about any potential spots open in their labs. Often times, some grants will be available that they can utilize them to help improve upon a topic. For me, I found a topic that I enjoyed that my professor was willing to pay me to explore.

Interview Questions

• The difficult question to ask is if you're comfortable without having a set schedule. Many times, I would have to tell myself to work a certain number of hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation involved asking the amount of hours I could work. Generally, you want to aim for around 20 hours.