Florida Hospital Orlando

Florida Hospital Orlando Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015

Patient Transport Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida Hospital Orlando (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager. She was really nice! She asked questions and I had to tell her a situation scenario i was in. She took me the the actual department manager and he was nice and did the same except we dicussed my actual schedule like i was hired already

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Florida Hospital Orlando.

Interview

It was a Very efficient process and everyone was very professional from the beginning to the end. Frequent updates on position via email. Request for interview was done by phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an unexpected interruption in your work schedule and what you did about it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was the position I wanted with the schedule I wanted at the salary I expected.

Pct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Hospital Orlando (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Sent out over 70 applications over a span of 1 year finally receieved a email for PCT testing about 1 week after applying. Took the test scored very well and was told a recruiter would be in touch within 2 weeks. 3 weeks later on a Friday an HR rep called for a phone interview and asked me to submit for an online questionaire assessment and 4 references. On Tuesday of the following week I was called by HR for an in person interview which was scheduled for the following week Wednesday. After a 30 min interview with HR I was then walked over to the unit for interview with the Nurse leader another 30 mins. She also gave me a tour of the unit. 9 days later I was offered the position

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions. what would you do if this happened, explain a time when this... when should you notify the nurse (insert scenerio)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is a range that is given during the first phone interview. The offer is based on experience. Plus shift differentials. Benefits after 90 days.

Graduate Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida Hospital Orlando.

Interview

I applied online and received a pre-screening call from HR the very next day, she emailed me an assessment form and reference survey. Two days later I got a call to schedule to do an interview. The interview is broken into two different parts. One with HR which she asked very detailed behavioral questions such as tell me a difficult time you had an clinical and how you resolved(be very prepared because the questions were very involved). The next part is with a panel, I was asked case studies add how would I treat, medications prescribed, and s/s of certain diseases. It wasn't too bad, but being prepared makes a differences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that I wont see on your resume   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Florida Hospital Orlando (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Bad experience. Another person was involved with the hiring manager and made rude comments such as speaking before me and assuming things before I had a chance to state facts. For example, I live an hour away, but stated I would relocate immediately, however before I got a chance to say that, the other individual told the hiring manager right in front of me how inconvenient that would be. If it was that inconvenient, why didn't they figure that out before calling me in and wasting my time?
    I was also told as the hiring manager walked me out that I would DEFINITELY hear from her the following week and she wanted me to email her any questions, comments, etc. I emailed her when I got home and said thank you for the interview and asked 2 more questions. No reply at all. No call the following week either. The whole process was extremely unprofessional, especially for an organization with such a long standing great reputation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself other than what I see on your resume   1 Answer

RN Telemetry Interview

Application

interviewed at Florida Hospital Orlando in August 2014.

Interview

Must complete online application and wait for email or call back then once you are accepted for the interview you must have with you 2 copies of your resume and your license and BLS and ACLS certifications. you do the first interview with the HR manager and then you move on to the floor or department you would be working and you then interview with the floor manager and the clinical educator.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question they asked are the clinical questions where they give you scenarios with multiple patients and then you have say how you would deal with each patient.   Answer Question

Decided I did not want to relocate

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida Hospital Orlando (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. First met with HR and was made aware of the program requirements, salary information, etc..
    The HR rep then walked me over to the unit which I was specifically applying for and introduced me to the unit nurse manager.
    I was asked questions such as: "Tell me about yourself." "What would you add to this unit?" "Why are you the best candidate for this job?" "Tell me about a time you had a difficult patient. What made them difficult and what did you do about it?" "Tell me about a time that your patient was stable and they suddenly deteriorated." "How have you handled when the family of a patient made your job harder than it had to be?"

Interview Questions

• I was given a scenario of three different patients and limited report and asked what I would do, who I would see first, to walk the manager through the expected treatment for that patient. I was asked "What else would you do?" and "What else?" It then progressed to two other patients needing to be seen at the same time and how would I handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. It is a specific program with specific parameters. I was thankful to be offered this opportunity.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida Hospital Orlando (Orlando, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

They emailed me about taking tests for the position I applied for. You call to make a appointment you have 10 days from the date of the email/phone call to make an appointment. Went in took the tests , I scored high enough to go back in and retake tests.

Pharmacy Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Florida Hospital Orlando in January 2014.

Interview

This was an interview for the purpose of completing an internship. I was not offered a position. Takes a few weeks before a decision will be made. No feedback given and I have nothing else to say.

CNIP Residency Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Hospital Orlando (Orlando, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

You first have an phone interview, followed by an unperson interview with HR then a panel interview with 8 people ( 4 manager and 4 educators)

You then had a phone call from the recruiter who let you know that you are still in the running. I then received a phone call after a week offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• They ask you clinical questions and try to trip you up   1 Answer

Negotiation

Phone call