Florida Hospital Orlando

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Florida Hospital Orlando in September 2014.

Bad experience. Another person was involved with the hiring manager and made rude comments such as speaking before me and assuming things before I had a chance to state facts. For example, I live an hour away, but stated I would relocate immediately, however before I got a chance to say that, the other individual told the hiring manager right in front of me how inconvenient that would be. If it was that inconvenient, why didn't they figure that out before calling me in and wasting my time?
I was also told as the hiring manager walked me out that I would DEFINITELY hear from her the following week and she wanted me to email her any questions, comments, etc. I emailed her when I got home and said thank you for the interview and asked 2 more questions. No reply at all. No call the following week either. The whole process was extremely unprofessional, especially for an organization with such a long standing great reputation.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something about yourself other than what I see on your resume   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Florida Hospital Orlando

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Hospital Orlando in January 2011.

Had 4 interviews. Interviewed with HR personal, then department manager, then a peer and last with the department director. It was friendly and the questions centered around past experience and job fit type of questions. The setting and the people were nice and pleasant all through the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a doctor yelled at you and how did you respond.   View Answer
    • Tell me about something you have taught.   View Answer
    Negotiations did not take long. Negotiated beyond the initial offer and accepted the position on the third phone call when salary, timeline and position clarified.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Hospital Orlando in April 2012.

I will not mention names or department, but this was an assistant nurse manager interview. I drove 2.5 hours there and 2.5 hours home. Group panel asked scenario questions. I thought the interview went well. a couple of days the recruiter informed me that the position needed to be filled quickly and they had went with a candidate that had already worked for the hospital. Then another interview for same position came available after driving the same distance and interviewed with the manager and assistant nurse manager and manager, then I was told I would need to come back another day and interview with staff, cno, other managers for a total of 5 hours. Then interviewed at another hospital same position while waiting for second interview with the previous job learned not to put all my eggs in one basket. interviewed with manager only and was told I would need to come back for second interview, This time no internals had applied. Recruiter called me and said this job was not even posted yet. Drove same distance interviewed only with manager, and was told that internals had applied and that internals would probably be better because the staff was finicky (exact word) about outside management. Then I was told come back for a second interview with staff and if they liked me then we would go forward, but they probably would choose the internal candidate. so I recieved a call to come and do second interview of course I chose not to. I felt it would be a waste of my gas, time, and milage. Still awaitng to here from previous interview it has been 2 weeks. I felt as if the recruiters and managers did not value my time. They never scheduled the team and manager together I continuously had to drive back and forth. I got tired over and demanded they be scheduled together or do a phone interview first. There is no relocation, and they never offered for me any type of incentive. My current job flew me to florida, paid for a hotel and paid 6000 in relocation. As large as Florida hospital is theyshould offer this, but they pick and choose who they will offer relocation.