Florida Institute of Technology Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

2.0

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Florida Institute of Technology.

Interview

Easy personal interview. All questions were based on my experience. None of the usual awkward questions. Was invited to two one on one interviews. This was a very easy and smooth process.

Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Institute of Technology.

Interview

Once you are selected for the interview, you will be interviewed by group of people. You will be asked what your actions would be in different situations that would come up.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a person with a gun in the gym while you are working?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Florida Institute of Technology.

Interview

Offer was received along with graduate admission offer. No interview was required.

Dining Hall Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Florida Institute of Technology.

Interview

No interview process. If you are a student or know someone who works there, you will get hired. You could be a complete drugged out dope. They will still hire you. They love cheap labor.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions. They just ask about your availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is non negotiable.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Institute of Technology in February 2013.

Interview

Straight forward. They sent me an assignment of sorts, which I had to complete in a specified amount of time. I learned what I needed to learn, and got it done

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Institute of Technology in November 2012.

Interview

Completed on-line application and submitted resume. About two months later, received a phone call from supervisor, a month later, another phone call. About a week later, face to face interview with two supervisor, introduction to staff and shown around the Financial Aid Department.

Negotiation

Benefits started the same day of hiring.

Admission Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Florida Institute of Technology (Melbourne, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied on line and heard within 2 weeks. I was interview by my co-workers and my boss. I heard back within 2 weeks and I started a month later. The process was easy and very well managed. Communicaton was excellent.

Interview Questions

• HOw woudl you convinve a studne tto coem here vs anothe rbig name school.   Answer Question
    • How woudl you deal with a student with financial needs   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida Institute of Technology (Melbourne, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

My adviser hired me

Onsite Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Florida Institute of Technology (Melbourne, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

Talked to the head of the Academic Support Center and was told to fill out a single piece of paper. I was called the next day to put my hours in.

Interview Questions

• They needed to ask my current professors what they thought of my understanding of the information they teach in lecture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

Lead Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Florida Institute of Technology.

Interview

I filled out the online form. I knew someone in the school who informed me about the process of the hiring. They are slow to hire here. It took over 6 months from when the previous person left to interview (I think). I was interviewed a month after the close date of the application. Then it took them 2 weeks to let me know about the decision, despite them telling me I would hear the week after. If you haven't heard yet don't worry.

Interview Questions

• Specific question on how I would troubleshoot a problem with Office, I was surprised they would ask that.   1 Answer
    • Every question I was asked I found in the Ace the Technical Interview. That was an excellent prep. I was definitely prepared for the types of questions they asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, I needed the job and liked the terms. I didn't really have the leverage to negotiate. The made it clear to me this was an entry level position and from what iI have seen since getting the job, if you stick around and show initiative you can be hired for a more senior position if you so choose and one becomes available.