Florida International University
www.fiu.edu Miami, FL 5000+ Employees

Florida International University Associate Director Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Florida International University in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and sent my resume to the head of the department at the school. I received a call to schedule an interview about 2.5 weeks after applying. I was told to be there on a certain day at a certain time. It was clearly not flexible at all but luckily it worked out. They kindly emailed me all applicable information regarding location, parking and names and title of the person who I would be meeting with. I found out a couple days beforehand that it was a panel interview with 3 executives. They gave me their names and titles. The interview was very standard with them telling me about the position and asking me questions. I got an email about a week later for a second interview. Again, the time was given to me, not flexible. They again provided the names and titles of those who I would be meeting with. In this one, they put a lot of pressure on me. It wasn't hard but it did scare me about the job quite a bit. About a week later, I got a call with a verbal offer. The written offer did not come until over a week later and it was a very general offer letter they basically just change the name, title and salary on and give out to everyone.

Negotiation Details – I tried, but there's no negotiating. It's a state job and salaries and benefits are set. You have to go to the website and find the benefits yourself. Even so, there's missing info. There were at least 6 different individuals involved in the on-boarding process so it was pretty confusing and I never knew who to contact about what but it wasn't unmanageable. Everything was properly communicated except for the benefits, which I had to determine myself by searching through thousands of HR documents on the website. Then, I had to confirm whether they were included in the position or not and get the info that I couldn't find. It took a lot of time and there are so many benefit options that it was not clear from searching alone.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Florida International University

Worked for Florida International University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Florida International University Associate Director interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Florida International University employees and interview candidates.