Florida International University

30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

STP Counselor Interview

STP Counselor

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Florida International University in April 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out the application in detail, describing how I worked with children in the past. It asked a lot about the different sports I was interested in and how those skills would be able to translate to working with kids with ADHD. I sent in cover letter and resume along with 3 recommendations. After FIU received all of my information, I was emailed/called 3 weeks later. I set up an interview time and talked with the interviewer (Andrew) for around an hour and a half. (the man likes to talk) and he asked me several questions about what I had written in my application. He asked me to describe circumstances where i used problem solving skills and team-first mentality to overcome problems.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness and how can you use that to your advantage?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at Florida International University

Interview Details – General Interview nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. THere is nothing to it as long as you stay calm and keep working hard and make it good with professor then it should be smooth sailing.

Interview Question – None of those types of questions. It is a matter of your ability and credentials to do the job.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Florida International University in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was searching for a part time position and I emailed all of the professor in my department including program manager. Program manager replied that if anything comes up then she will forward my resume. then one of the professor replied that he is interested to hire me and contact with him in my prefer time. I went there and it is kind of informal interview he was taken. he just let me knew that what I need to do. if he is interested then I may work with him. And I accept the offer.

Interview Question – Nothing that much asked which is unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted according to the FIU payroll benefit.

Clerk Interview

Clerk

Interviewed at Florida International University

Interview Details – Quick interview about overall skills in the office. Questions dwelled on the ability to handle office software and customer accounts database. Overall, it was a very straight forward interview. This was for an office job at the Department of Parking and Transportation.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you've ever been in?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Florida International University in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was accepted after an email interview. The advisor was interested in my resume and wanted be to be part of their lab. After accepting I went to campus for the day and met the lab members.

Interview Question – What my plans were for research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They say they'll pay you $15,000 and you have to take it or leave it.

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

Interviewed at Florida International University

Interview Details – Skype interview, on-campus interview which is one day, interview with the department chair, search committee, and the Dean, making presentation for 30 min,, being asked about your future potential funding sources, future research areas

Student Interview

Student

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Florida International University.

Interview Details – I had to fill out an online application along with my transcripts and an application fee

Interview Question – There was not difficult or unexpected questions. It was straight forward.   Answer Question

Learning Assistant Interview

Learning Assistant
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Florida International University in April 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process to become a math or physics learning assistant was very laid back and casual. Primarily they are looking for future teachers, though any student who knows the subject and is personable will do fine in the interview. There is an online application, though it helps to be referred by a current learning assistant and personally know those that run the program.

Interview Question – Do you plan to become a teacher?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Librarian Assistant Interview

Librarian Assistant
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Florida International University in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to the job through the FIU career link and within a week I received an email to schedule an appointment for an Interview. The interview was in the library and right after the interview I was hired and started training for the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for the library, Tell me about yourself, strengths/weakness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate my compensation but my schedule was completely flexible.

Very Easy Interview

Director of Membership and Development - Jewish Museum of Florida - FIU Interview

Director of Membership and Development - Jewish Museum of Florida - FIU
Miami Beach, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Florida International University in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired before the Museum Board voted to gift the Museum to FIU - game-changer and created confusion and hostility internally. Museum was unwilling to adapt to FIU policies and procedures, yet they courted the merger.

Interview Question – None - typical questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A little salary negotiation - I was able to up the offer a little.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Florida International University

Worked for Florida International University? Contribute to the Community!