Florida International University

Florida International University Student Assistant Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Florida International University in December 2013.

I was searching for a part time position and I emailed all of the professor in my department including program manager. Program manager replied that if anything comes up then she will forward my resume. then one of the professor replied that he is interested to hire me and contact with him in my prefer time. I went there and it is kind of informal interview he was taken. he just let me knew that what I need to do. if he is interested then I may work with him. And I accept the offer.

Interview Questions
I accepted according to the FIU payroll benefit.

Other Interview Reviews for Florida International University

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Florida International University in January 2012.

I applied online and was subsequently called to gauge my availability and suitability for the position. The call was administered by a panel of three interviewers, all of which were very friendly. It consisted of questions regarding my schedule, my schooling and my interest in the position. It was an IT intensive position seeing as I would be trouble-shooting for students, and they asked me for any background in computers or technology that I had. The interview went by smoothly, and I was contacted again to go see them in person for the final job offer. Unfortunately, the job posting hadn't specified where the position was located. Seeing as I had just begun driving, it was rather inconvenient and difficult for me to go to work there and I had to decline the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would qualify you for a position in IT if you have held no IT positions in the past?   View Answer

It was at another location that would have been inconvenient for me to go to.