Florida Power & Light Interview Questions

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida Power & Light in February 2014.

Received a call from a girl in HR to set up two phone interviews for two different internships based on my resume. The first interview went ok and the second one went really well. A week and a half went by and I didn't receive any email or call back. So I emailed the HR girl and she informed me that the internships were filled, and if one of them backs out I would be next in line for the position. The questions were fairly easy. Asked about my classes, projects, and things of that nature. I think the biggest drawback for them was the location issue. I lived a good distance from their office, even though I told them I would find a place for the summer closer.

Interview Questions
    • They were all really easy questions. No technical questions at all.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juno Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Florida Power & Light.

Stared as a contractor and it was an internal process after that.

Interview Questions
    • Transfer from an old business system to SAP.   View Answer

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juno Beach, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Florida Power & Light.

Applied to the job posting on their website and received interview offer within a couple days. Interview lasted about 30 minutes over the phone. Both the recruiter and finance manager conducted the interview. The questions asked were completely behavioral (Tell me a time when...). Not a hard interview, just be prepared to talk about yourself and how you can contribute to the company.

Protection and Controls Engineer (Engineer II) Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Florida Power & Light.

You simply feel out an application online, upload your resume and transcripts, and then wait for for FPL's HR department to call you back. Once they do, you have to do a phone interview, and you'll get asked questions about your major and school life, and be prepared to answer a few technical questions related to your major of study. If you don't know the answer, its not a big deal though.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview they asked me some questions about electromagnetic fields and waves, because I told them that I was enrolled in the class. They asked about Gauss's law, and electric flux...   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase, your pay is based on what year your in in college.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juno Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Florida Power & Light in October 2012.

I first had a phone interview with HR. then an all day interview - or let's say interviews with 4 people, were set up. I had interviews one after the other. the first person was the lowest in the hierarchy; the last person was the Director, in the Grants area.

Interview Questions
    • How long did it take you to do this proposal (oe in the stack of writing samples I brought)   View Answer

Non-Licensed Operator Turkey Point Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Power & Light in April 2012.

I had experience working outages. Typical questions were business questions. Have you had to deal with bad co-workers? What is your definition of safety? What do you think this company owes to its employees? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?etc...

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Florida Power & Light in April 2012.

I came into contact with the company through my university where they did a presentation. I talked to them after the presentation and they gave me an interview for the next day. The next day I came to the interview and talked to two representatives in person. They asked questions regarding personality, work ethic, and situational questions. I got a job offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you didn't get along with a team member and how did you deal with this?   Answer Question

Intern Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jupiter, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jupiter, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Power & Light in March 2012.

One 30 min phone call mostly behavioral. about 20% tecnical

Interview Questions
    • They always ask if you believe 0 injuries in the work place is attainable.   View Answer
    non negotiable for internships

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida Power & Light in October 2011.

The interview process was very simple and straight forward. Met 2 team members and they provided information about the group and the responsibilities. Liked the atmosphere and environment I was able to experience.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult questions, just answers with honesty and back it up with facts. Good manager and work team.   Answer Question

Marketing & Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juno Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida Power & Light in August 2011.

I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager first, he was very friendly and positive and had great things to say about the company. We talked about my background, he went through my resume step by step. I was called in for an interview at their offices in Juno. He asked about my experience as it related to the requirements for the positoin and, again, a really positive experience. I called my recruiter to follow up and she told me that the manager really liked me and wanted to bring me back to meet the team. A few weeks later I got an email that said I was no longer under consideration. I would have liked to have known what changed or gotten a personal call, but I also know that sometimes business needs change. Overall I would recommend considering this company for employment and would expect others to have a good experience.