Florida Power & Light Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.7

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juno Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Power & Light (Juno Beach, FL).

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone, followed by an invitation to come onsite. Met with management and directors and spent approximately a half day there. Returned to complete a test onsite and meet with remaining directors and the vp. All meetings wee one on one. Conversations and questions came from slightly different angles depending on the person'a role who was interviewing. Next step I was given a test assignment that needed to be completed in 24 hours. After that I went through the background check process, which took the longest. Overall, FPL was responsive and communicative throughout the process to let me know I was on track but by nature the experience takes time.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would manage the project, execute, and measure a digital strategy.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL).

Interview

The entire hiring process was thorough yet fair. The questions asked were easy to answer and you receive feedback after each answer. The interview sessions are relatively short and quick and efficient. Overall I believe this is a very fair yet competitive hiring process that I had the privilege to be a part of.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Florida Power & Light (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, Onsite interview with 2 lower management and 2 upper management personnel. Both interviews are done separately. If they fly you in for on site interview you pretty much got the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Florida Power & Light in January 2015.

Interview

I wrote request with pros of me going there for all concerned but was immediately told no - they want me in my present job. No imaginative thinking. I am just a cog in the machine and am expected to stay that way.

Construction Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida Power & Light.

Interview

I was interviewed during a college recruitment effort, done on campus. Interview was non-technical (although I was recruited from engineering school) and focused on work ethic and cultural fit. Received a phone call with an offer within 1-2 weeks. The hiring process was very stress free and productive. Received 3 weeks of training and apartment housing for being remote. Only draw-back was people were located around the state and did not always get first choice.

Interview Questions

• None. Basically looking for answers to general problem solving questions like how do you manage time, where do you find information and how do you find answers when not readily available, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

First job, so not much salary negotiation but did have opportunity to negotiate office location

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Florida Power & Light (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and I had to answer typical interview questions. The questions were very general since I was applying for an internship position but you have to show interest in the power industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Florida Power & Light   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Received a call from a girl in HR to set up two phone interviews for two different internships based on my resume. The first interview went ok and the second one went really well. A week and a half went by and I didn't receive any email or call back. So I emailed the HR girl and she informed me that the internships were filled, and if one of them backs out I would be next in line for the position. The questions were fairly easy. Asked about my classes, projects, and things of that nature. I think the biggest drawback for them was the location issue. I lived a good distance from their office, even though I told them I would find a place for the summer closer.

Interview Questions

• They were all really easy questions. No technical questions at all.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Juno Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Juno Beach, FL).

Interview

Stared as a contractor and it was an internal process after that.

Interview Questions

• Transfer from an old business system to SAP.   1 Answer

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Juno Beach, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Juno Beach, FL).

Interview

Applied to the job posting on their website and received interview offer within a couple days. Interview lasted about 30 minutes over the phone. Both the recruiter and finance manager conducted the interview. The questions asked were completely behavioral (Tell me a time when...). Not a hard interview, just be prepared to talk about yourself and how you can contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Florida Power & Light.

Interview

You simply feel out an application online, upload your resume and transcripts, and then wait for for FPL's HR department to call you back. Once they do, you have to do a phone interview, and you'll get asked questions about your major and school life, and be prepared to answer a few technical questions related to your major of study. If you don't know the answer, its not a big deal though.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview they asked me some questions about electromagnetic fields and waves, because I told them that I was enrolled in the class. They asked about Gauss's law, and electric flux...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, your pay is based on what year your in in college.