Florida Power & Light

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Juno Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Florida Power & Light in October 2012.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with HR. then an all day interview - or let's say interviews with 4 people, were set up. I had interviews one after the other. the first person was the lowest in the hierarchy; the last person was the Director, in the Grants area.

Interview Question – How long did it take you to do this proposal (oe in the stack of writing samples I brought)   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Juno Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Florida Power & Light.

Interview Details – Stared as a contractor and it was an internal process after that.

Interview Question – Transfer from an old business system to SAP.   View Answer

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Juno Beach, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Florida Power & Light.

Interview Details – Applied to the job posting on their website and received interview offer within a couple days. Interview lasted about 30 minutes over the phone. Both the recruiter and finance manager conducted the interview. The questions asked were completely behavioral (Tell me a time when...). Not a hard interview, just be prepared to talk about yourself and how you can contribute to the company.

Interview Question – How can you contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Juno Beach, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Florida Power & Light in October 2008.

Interview Details – This was my first job out of college. I was selected for an interview at headquarters. The interview was more behavior based and not really technical at all. The interviewers want to see if you are more of a fit into the Fpl culture and work ethic. Interviews for different positions tend to be more technical in nature.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected, how do u handle stress, difficult co-workers. Just do a search on the net for general questions and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Marketing & Communications Interview

Marketing & Communications
Juno Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Florida Power & Light in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager first, he was very friendly and positive and had great things to say about the company. We talked about my background, he went through my resume step by step. I was called in for an interview at their offices in Juno. He asked about my experience as it related to the requirements for the positoin and, again, a really positive experience. I called my recruiter to follow up and she told me that the manager really liked me and wanted to bring me back to meet the team. A few weeks later I got an email that said I was no longer under consideration. I would have liked to have known what changed or gotten a personal call, but I also know that sometimes business needs change. Overall I would recommend considering this company for employment and would expect others to have a good experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for Florida Power & Light? Contribute to the Community!