Florida Power & Light
www.fpl.com Juno Beach, FL 5000+ Employees

Florida Power & Light Interview Questions & Reviews in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Florida Power & Light in February 2014.

Interview Details – Received a call from a girl in HR to set up two phone interviews for two different internships based on my resume. The first interview went ok and the second one went really well. A week and a half went by and I didn't receive any email or call back. So I emailed the HR girl and she informed me that the internships were filled, and if one of them backs out I would be next in line for the position. The questions were fairly easy. Asked about my classes, projects, and things of that nature. I think the biggest drawback for them was the location issue. I lived a good distance from their office, even though I told them I would find a place for the summer closer.

Interview Question – They were all really easy questions. No technical questions at all.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Florida Power & Light in March 2009.

Interview Details – The first interview was via phone with the HR recruiter. After the recruiter was satisfied, I was brought on-site for a face-to-face interview where I was interviewed by three different IT Managers. The entire process lasted a day and FPL picked up my travel and lodging costs.

Interview Question – The soft question was the most difficult. As a twenty-something question, I had to really think about what my weakness and strenght were without sounding whiny or complaining.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for relocation which was granted but they refused to budge on the salary.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Juno Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Florida Power & Light.

Interview Details – Stared as a contractor and it was an internal process after that.

Interview Question – Transfer from an old business system to SAP.   View Answer

Finance Intern Interview

Juno Beach, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Florida Power & Light.

Interview Details – Applied to the job posting on their website and received interview offer within a couple days. Interview lasted about 30 minutes over the phone. Both the recruiter and finance manager conducted the interview. The questions asked were completely behavioral (Tell me a time when...). Not a hard interview, just be prepared to talk about yourself and how you can contribute to the company.

Interview Question – How can you contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Non-Licensed Operator Turkey Point Interview

Homestead, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Florida Power & Light in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had experience working outages. Typical questions were business questions. Have you had to deal with bad co-workers? What is your definition of safety? What do you think this company owes to its employees? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?etc...

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Florida Power & Light in December 2010.

Interview Details – HR phone interview, manager phone interview, on-site interview

Negotiation Details – pretty straight

Engineer I Interview

Juno Beach, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Florida Power & Light in October 2008.

Interview Details – This was my first job out of college. I was selected for an interview at headquarters. The interview was more behavior based and not really technical at all. The interviewers want to see if you are more of a fit into the Fpl culture and work ethic. Interviews for different positions tend to be more technical in nature.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected, how do u handle stress, difficult co-workers. Just do a search on the net for general questions and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Florida Power & Light in April 2012.

Interview Details – I came into contact with the company through my university where they did a presentation. I talked to them after the presentation and they gave me an interview for the next day. The next day I came to the interview and talked to two representatives in person. They asked questions regarding personality, work ethic, and situational questions. I got a job offer about a week later.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you didn't get along with a team member and how did you deal with this?   Answer Question

Marketing & Communications Interview

Juno Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Florida Power & Light in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager first, he was very friendly and positive and had great things to say about the company. We talked about my background, he went through my resume step by step. I was called in for an interview at their offices in Juno. He asked about my experience as it related to the requirements for the positoin and, again, a really positive experience. I called my recruiter to follow up and she told me that the manager really liked me and wanted to bring me back to meet the team. A few weeks later I got an email that said I was no longer under consideration. I would have liked to have known what changed or gotten a personal call, but I also know that sometimes business needs change. Overall I would recommend considering this company for employment and would expect others to have a good experience.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Florida Power & Light? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Florida Power & Light interview questions and advice in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Florida Power & Light employees and interview candidates.