Florida State College at Jacksonville

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.6

Student Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville.

The interview process was fairly easy. Being asked about my past work experience, skills, and what it is that I hope to get out of the position if hired. There really is no pressure when getting interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to fix the copy machine? As I worked in the mail-room.   Answer Question

Student Tutor Interview

You just have to take a test and then the supervisor for that particular lab will give you a brief interview. It's fairly casual, and it's easy to acquire the job if you are knowledgeable in the subject area you're applying for. It takes about 2 weeks to be processed and approved for work.

N/A

Administrative Assistant I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville.

Typical; application, screened through HR-- fwd to department.

n/a

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville in March 2014.

Pleasant, down to earth, no stress. Great people!

Tutor At Deerwood Interview

It wasn't much asked in interview, just few behavioral questions. They would put some situation in front of u and u will have to answer it. Make sure to fill out fafsa before applying.

Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville in January 2012.

Process was very easy but took too long to offer position.

Senior Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville in June 2011.

Was interview by the Dean for Career Education and her assistant, who would be my direct supervisor. Exchanged what my office skills were and what would be expected. Very professional and was impressed with the way both the Dean and her assistant handled the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if a student with a difficult problem was demanding an answer and I did not know the information?   View Answer
    Their was no negotiation on wage, but we did negotiate hours and days to both of our satisfaction.

Dean of Education Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville in May 2012.

Phone interview was supposed to be 30 minutes. Was only 15. The job requirements were set too low and the questions did not match the job description. I was contacted via email the next day notifying me I was not selected to move forward in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • A large portion of the questions had to do with curriculum and training teachers which is fair except the job description did not include these two qualifications which made the interview process feel like a set up.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville in November 2010.

I applied online for this position and was called by an admin professional to set up the interview. Everyone was very courteous and professional. Because it is a state institutuion, things are done "by the book". THe interview was conducted by a panel of peers and internal clients, each of whom had two or three pre-set questions that they asked. I find this format quite limiting since I think it stifles a free exchange of information. I am not sure if it was a result of this format or as a result of a time constraint, but I felt as though they were going through the motions rather than really getting to know me as a candidate. I did not get to the second round, but there was no follow up after the intervieiw and I had to call to find out the result. I believe that this is a good place to work overall, but find the interviewing process to be a very slow one. THis appears to be typical of the higher education industry.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions were asked - nothing remarkable.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville in December 2009.

I was applying for a position within the organization I already worked for. I was interviewed by a panel of five fellow employees.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate the salary because the amount was determined in a grant. The grant specified a higher salary than the college actually paid.