Florida State College at Jacksonville

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Administrative Assistant I

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville.

Interview Details – Typical; application, screened through HR-- fwd to department.

Negotiation Details – n/a

Very Easy Interview

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville in March 2014.

Interview Details – Pleasant, down to earth, no stress. Great people!

Senior Support Specialist Interview

Senior Support Specialist
Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville in June 2011.

Interview Details – Was interview by the Dean for Career Education and her assistant, who would be my direct supervisor. Exchanged what my office skills were and what would be expected. Very professional and was impressed with the way both the Dean and her assistant handled the interview.

Interview Question – What would I do if a student with a difficult problem was demanding an answer and I did not know the information?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Their was no negotiation on wage, but we did negotiate hours and days to both of our satisfaction.

Tutor At Deerwood Interview

Tutor At Deerwood

Interviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville

Interview Details – It wasn't much asked in interview, just few behavioral questions. They would put some situation in front of u and u will have to answer it. Make sure to fill out fafsa before applying.

Interview Question – How would u deal with most annoying student?   Answer Question

Educator Interview

Educator
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville in January 2012.

Interview Details – Process was very easy but took too long to offer position.

Interview Question – What would your collegues say about you.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Dean of Education Interview

Dean of Education

I applied online - interviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview was supposed to be 30 minutes. Was only 15. The job requirements were set too low and the questions did not match the job description. I was contacted via email the next day notifying me I was not selected to move forward in the interview process.

Interview Question – A large portion of the questions had to do with curriculum and training teachers which is fair except the job description did not include these two qualifications which made the interview process feel like a set up.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for this position and was called by an admin professional to set up the interview. Everyone was very courteous and professional. Because it is a state institutuion, things are done "by the book". THe interview was conducted by a panel of peers and internal clients, each of whom had two or three pre-set questions that they asked. I find this format quite limiting since I think it stifles a free exchange of information. I am not sure if it was a result of this format or as a result of a time constraint, but I felt as though they were going through the motions rather than really getting to know me as a candidate. I did not get to the second round, but there was no follow up after the intervieiw and I had to call to find out the result. I believe that this is a good place to work overall, but find the interviewing process to be a very slow one. THis appears to be typical of the higher education industry.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions were asked - nothing remarkable.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

The process took a day - interviewed at Florida State College at Jacksonville in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was applying for a position within the organization I already worked for. I was interviewed by a panel of five fellow employees.

Interview Question – What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate the salary because the amount was determined in a grant. The grant specified a higher salary than the college actually paid.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Florida State College at Jacksonville? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Florida State College at Jacksonville interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Florida State College at Jacksonville employees and interview candidates.