Florida State University

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.2

Bookstore Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Florida State University in November 2014.

The manager and I shook hands and then sat down. Then, she began describing the positions that were available and asked me what position I would be interested in working. As soon as I said cashier or any of the positions that I must interact with customers, she shook my hand and said "Welcome". Extremely nice manager and pleasant interview.

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Florida State University.

All the computer science graduates got an email regarding this job position from the graduate school department . Eligible applicants were called for a face to face interview. The interview lasted for an hour and if they find you fit for the role they will offer you the position. This position comes with a tuition waiver and a monthly stipend.

Interview Questions
    • They just asked about your projects and interest .   View Answer

IT Support Specialist Interview

Phone call and then interview within 2 weeks

Front Desk Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Florida State University.

Its a work study position so it was just over email.

Interview Questions
    They just asked me for my availability.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Florida State University in January 2014.

You have to write a letter stating why you want the job. You need letter explaining why are you a good fit for the position. You need approval from your proffessors as well as their recommendations

Resident Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Florida State University in December 2013.

Apply through University Housing. Consists of a weekend long events ranging from interviews with Current Resident Assistants and Housing Directors to team-building activities to interact with others. You are assigned to a group with a leader and brought around to the events all weekend. You aren't competing with the people in your group. FSU Housing is about team-work and building relationships, so it's important that you can get along with others before you think about taking this job. If you don't like interacting on a day to day basis with people and aren't upbeat, you will hate the job. Negative people serve no purpose in our happy RA world. Every interview process should be this relaxed and fun!

Interview Questions
    • Normal interview questions. It's important to remember to be yourself! The housing staff at FSU is so diverse and there is not a cookie-cutter type of RA.   Answer Question
    No, you are offered one residence hall and you can take it or leave it.

ERP Analyst Interview

The jobs are posted on jobs.fsu.edu. The qualified candidates are interviewed. Usually couple of interviews. The interview is conducted by IT manager and senior analysts.

negotiate the salary. Its important what salary you come in as as there are not many salary increments after that.

Conference Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Florida State University in April 2013.

Easiest interview I've been to. He asked 5ish questions over ~20 minutes, then I was hired immediately afterward. Super basic stuff like "what do you think customer service is?" and "explain a difficult experience you've had with a customer in the past." This is basically just a free summer job for students that aren't complete idiots.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview Questions
    • i did not have an interview. i just sent out my application folder for a phd program and they evaluated it and offered me a graduate research assistantship with tuition waiver.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Florida State University.

There was no interview process. Only talk with the professor.