Florida State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Conference Assistant Interview

Tallahassee, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Florida State University in April 2013.

Interview Details – Easiest interview I've been to. He asked 5ish questions over ~20 minutes, then I was hired immediately afterward. Super basic stuff like "what do you think customer service is?" and "explain a difficult experience you've had with a customer in the past." This is basically just a free summer job for students that aren't complete idiots.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Florida State University in January 2012.

Interview Details – There are a lot of people who apply. You are in a group setting (about 8-10 people) and go through a series of activities where you are observed on your leadership skills. You interview with a Hall Director and a Resident Assistant. Your "host" is observing you all weekend long as well as other RA's in the rooms you are doing activities in.

Interview Question – If you had unlimited amount of money to spend on a program, what would you do and why?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Florida State University.

Interview Details – Its a work study position so it was just over email.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just asked me for my availability.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Tallahassee, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Florida State University in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 7+ faculty members. All expenses (travel, food, hotel) were reimbursed. Job expectations were provided ahead of the interview as well as the handbook I would work from. I was able to ask questions and felt like a part of a team from the start.

Interview Question – I had to "justify" why I would be qualified to supervise student teachers in subject areas other than my own.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Set salary, no negotiations, but the salary was more than I'd been making so I didn't mind.

ERP Analyst Interview

ERP Analyst

Interviewed at Florida State University

Interview Details – The jobs are posted on jobs.fsu.edu. The qualified candidates are interviewed. Usually couple of interviews. The interview is conducted by IT manager and senior analysts.

Negotiation Details – negotiate the salary. Its important what salary you come in as as there are not many salary increments after that.

Very Easy Interview

Tallahassee, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Florida State University in March 2011.

Interview Details – Completed GRE and submitted application with GRE scores to Florida State University. Got acceptance notification quite rapidly after submission.

Interview Question – On the graduate admissions essay, applicants were encouraged to explain what they intended to after graduation. Not the easiest question to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotations made. At Florida State University, as in most graduate schools, the stipend offered to students is a flat rate take it or leave it offer.

University Ambassador Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Florida State University in November 2009.

Interview Details – Good experience for the interview process. Went through two rounds of interviews as well as a situational experience. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected in the interview,   Answer Question

Interviewed at Florida State University

Interview Details – i did not have an interview. i just sent out my application folder for a phd program and they evaluated it and offered me a graduate research assistantship with tuition waiver.

Interview Question – i did not have an interview. i just sent out my application folder for a phd program and they evaluated it and offered me a graduate research assistantship with tuition waiver.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Florida State University.

Interview Details – There was no interview process. Only talk with the professor.

Interview Question – There is no significant difficult question.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Florida State University in June 2012.

Interview Details – They have pool for HR positions for each semester. Recruiters retrieve candidates to be interviewed from the pool.

General behavioral questions. Got a phone call and attended the interview.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not consider the offer since I accepted another offer elsewhere. Don't be discourage if you are not called up for interview at first. Persistence is the key. They have good benefits and state wide compensation package.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Florida State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Florida State University interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Florida State University employees and interview candidates.