Florida State University

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Florida State University.

Interview Details – All the computer science graduates got an email regarding this job position from the graduate school department . Eligible applicants were called for a face to face interview. The interview lasted for an hour and if they find you fit for the role they will offer you the position. This position comes with a tuition waiver and a monthly stipend.

Interview Question – They just asked about your projects and interest .   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Tallahassee, FL

I interviewed at Florida State University in April 2010.

Interview Details – Met with the managers at the Center for Professional Development. Talked and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – None. If you know your technology you will not be blindsided.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

IT Support Specialist Interview

IT Support Specialist

Interviewed at Florida State University

Interview Details – Phone call and then interview within 2 weeks

Interview Question – What are five important things in project management   Answer Question

Conference Assistant Interview

Conference Assistant
Tallahassee, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Florida State University in April 2013.

Interview Details – Easiest interview I've been to. He asked 5ish questions over ~20 minutes, then I was hired immediately afterward. Super basic stuff like "what do you think customer service is?" and "explain a difficult experience you've had with a customer in the past." This is basically just a free summer job for students that aren't complete idiots.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Florida State University in January 2012.

Interview Details – There are a lot of people who apply. You are in a group setting (about 8-10 people) and go through a series of activities where you are observed on your leadership skills. You interview with a Hall Director and a Resident Assistant. Your "host" is observing you all weekend long as well as other RA's in the rooms you are doing activities in.

Interview Question – If you had unlimited amount of money to spend on a program, what would you do and why?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Florida State University.

Interview Details – Its a work study position so it was just over email.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just asked me for my availability.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Tallahassee, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Florida State University in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 7+ faculty members. All expenses (travel, food, hotel) were reimbursed. Job expectations were provided ahead of the interview as well as the handbook I would work from. I was able to ask questions and felt like a part of a team from the start.

Interview Question – I had to "justify" why I would be qualified to supervise student teachers in subject areas other than my own.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Set salary, no negotiations, but the salary was more than I'd been making so I didn't mind.

ERP Analyst Interview

ERP Analyst

Interviewed at Florida State University

Interview Details – The jobs are posted on jobs.fsu.edu. The qualified candidates are interviewed. Usually couple of interviews. The interview is conducted by IT manager and senior analysts.

Negotiation Details – negotiate the salary. Its important what salary you come in as as there are not many salary increments after that.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Tallahassee, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Florida State University in March 2011.

Interview Details – Completed GRE and submitted application with GRE scores to Florida State University. Got acceptance notification quite rapidly after submission.

Interview Question – On the graduate admissions essay, applicants were encouraged to explain what they intended to after graduation. Not the easiest question to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotations made. At Florida State University, as in most graduate schools, the stipend offered to students is a flat rate take it or leave it offer.

University Ambassador Interview

University Ambassador

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Florida State University in November 2009.

Interview Details – Good experience for the interview process. Went through two rounds of interviews as well as a situational experience. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected in the interview,   Answer Question

Worked for Florida State University? Contribute to the Community!