Florida State University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.3

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Requires an above-average GPA. Job selection mostly at the discretion of a graduate-committee. Previous relevant academic experience, TOEFL/SPEAK score, ability to manage a class of 15-25 students are the main deciding factors.

Customer Service Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Florida State University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

short and quick. the questions very direct and to the point. the interview was one of the easiest i've attended. they knew what they were looking for and if you fit that description. it was about three or four questions. my answers were precise and to the point. i dont have anything else to say but i have to fill this box. its a great instuition to work for and everyone is super frienly,

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

My friend was working there and refereed me for an interview. I interviewed in person with two people and then was asked about my availability. It was relaxed, and informal. Basically, it was screening to see if I was well spoken and willing to work hard. There weren’t any crazy questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. My pay wasn't much above minimum wage.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida State University.

Interview

Meet with search committee, office staff, and the director. The half-day interview could have been slated for the morning or afternoon. I received my interview agenda a few days prior to the interview

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in FSU and this role? What are some anticipated challenges do you expect to experience? How do you plan to bring innovation and change to the role.   Answer Question

Food Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Florida State University.

Interview

Talked with the head HR hiring manager, he was very nice, asked me all the questions, and personally discussed the hiring process to me. After being officially chosen I met with my location manager and discussed the specifics with him.

Interview Questions

• Honestly none of the questions were difficult, very straightforward and had to apply past experiences to future scenarios.   Answer Question

Bookstore Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Florida State University in November 2014.

Interview

The manager and I shook hands and then sat down. Then, she began describing the positions that were available and asked me what position I would be interested in working. As soon as I said cashier or any of the positions that I must interact with customers, she shook my hand and said "Welcome". Extremely nice manager and pleasant interview.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

All the computer science graduates got an email regarding this job position from the graduate school department . Eligible applicants were called for a face to face interview. The interview lasted for an hour and if they find you fit for the role they will offer you the position. This position comes with a tuition waiver and a monthly stipend.

Interview Questions

• They just asked about your projects and interest .   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

The position was hired off GMAT scores and overall resume strength. Typically, the department director reaches out to you and speaks to you regarding the position, responsibilities, and role that teaching assistants play in the university. He/she has typically made up their mind prior to speaking to you. So long as you seem excited and grateful for the opportunity, you will receive the assistantship.

Interview

Phone call and then interview within 2 weeks

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Florida State University.

Interview

Its a work study position so it was just over email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They just asked me for my availability.