1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Virtual Teaching for Middle School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School (Orlando, FL) in July 2009.

Interview

I filled out an online application in April of 2009. I was sent an online, timed test about my teaching style. I didn't hear anything until the end of June when I was called for an interview. I went to Orlando and interviewed with 2 people (I was told they sometimes have more people interviewing). They were very nice and asked about my teaching experience and why I wanted to teach online. I also had to take a computer skills test to make sure I knew how to run basic software. I was told I would hear back in a few days and I got a call that I was offered the job. I got to choose a week to go in and do training and then I started.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They start every teacher at 43k (I can't remember the exact amount). You only get more for higher degrees (like 3k for a Master's). I took a HUGE pay RAISE so I was very happy and didn't need to negotiate. Those who took a pay cut just took it, there was not negotiating.