Flowserve

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Engineering Co-Op
West Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Flowserve in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was hired within two weeks. Straight-forward process. I got contacted for a phone interview then was scheduled for an in-person interview, all within a week. The in-person interview was very laid-back and simple and the interviewer did a good job of making me feel comfortable. The next day I received my offer.

Interview Question – Explain what classes you're taking   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Moosic, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Flowserve in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewer asked for my project management history/experience

Interview Question – Did you ever screw up a project   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Lynchburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Flowserve in June 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was simply a phone call and an in-person interview. You meet all the manufacturing plant managers including the operations manager. They thoroughly go through your resume and give details about the products they sell. The FCD division deals roughly with three consumers, and it's your job to know their customers who buy their actuators on a timely basis.

Interview Question – What was your most challenging problem you faced as a student?   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Regional Manager

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Flowserve in February 2014.

Interview Details – Six interviews with various managers. Main interview was with the National Sales Manager. Also interviewed with facility managers, Global Sales Director, etc. Had to travel to Houston once. But for the rest of the interviews, the parties traveled to the closest facility to my home. Every person was professional and courteous. The interview questions ran the gauntlet. Lot of questions on technical ability, and "how" I would do the job.

Interview Question – We need someone who can specify a valve on the spot. Are you sure you can handle this kind of technical requirement?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straightforward. They first asked what kind of comp would l like, and I gave a high number. They went back and forth very little, and made me an offer at the high number. It's a straightforward as you can imagine.

QA Manager Interview

QA Manager

Interviewed at Flowserve

Interview Details – Too many phone interviews, and trying to negotiate your salary as they go, without even inviting for a face to face meeting.

Interview Question – Standard stuff, try to avoid talking about money expectations over the phone   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Flowserve.

Interview Details – I was called late May a few weeks after online submission. They set up an interview about a week from then at their Vernon location. Once I arrived, there were three engineering managers and one HR representative. Each manager represented a different department within the facilities: nuclear, commercial, and project management. They offered water and had drawings ready for me to peruse. They also asked if I had a preference on which department to work in. They later contacted me with an offer and sent me a package of forms to fill out. I also underwent a drug test before working.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were behavioral or whether I had experience with their trade. They were very open to my questions regarding the history of the company.   Answer Question

R&D Lab Technician Interview

R&D Lab Technician
Springville, UT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Flowserve in December 2013.

Interview Details – Used an outside hiring agency to find me and then interviewed me on site. The interview consisted of four separate meetings with the Direct Supervisor, Project Engineer, Department Head, and HR representative individually. They asked very similar questions. I was asked to prepare to be asked about thermodynamics and fluid mechanics by the HR representative but then was not asked a single thing about it. Instead I was asked very obscure questions about application of data-acquisition techniques and equipment. The interviewers were all very friendly, however, and I did get the job in spite of my lack of preparation on the subject of data-acquisition.

Interview Question – Specific details on the correct use or application of certain data-acquisition equipment/ techniques.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't attempt to negotiate because it was an intern position and the offer was quite adequate.

R&D Engineer Specialist Interview

R&D Engineer Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Flowserve in April 2011.

Interview Details – Our little company got bought out by Flowserve. There was no interview. There was no discussion. We were sold as slaves. While we filled out application forms that included fields asking what compensation we were looking for the applications were totally ignored as we were handed our offers at the exact same moment we gave them our applications.

Interview Question – No questions asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was inadequate. I later accepted their offer based on a promise my salary would be adjusted upward quickly but it was a lie.

Certification Engineer Interview

Certification Engineer
Lynchburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Flowserve in December 2012.

Interview Details – Job was posted on various internet job boards. From there you will have an initial phone interview with HR. If you make it passed that you will have another phone interview with Engineering Managers and the VP of Operations. After about a month they pick candidates to come in for an in person interview. This is a four hour event starting with a tour of the offices and mfg facilities. Next you will have one of two group interviews that last an hour each. The first is mainly technical people and the second is more general including quality engineers and management types. The people are very professional/corporate/conservative type people.

Interview Question – What was it that I liked the most about my previous engineering position?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Flowserve in September 2013.

Interview Details – There is no appointment before the interviewer called. The interview just started. She asked me several background questions. It seems that she is an assistant ranther than a hiring manager. The interview didn't last 20 minutes.

Interview Question – Why do you choose flowserve?   Answer Question

Worked for Flowserve? Contribute to the Community!