Flowserve

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.5

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Flowserve.

I was told by the hiring manager that there is a job position open and they are looking for people with my skill set. I filled up the online application and one of the recruiter II contacted me for initial screening.

Apparently he has some kind of check list in front of him. I did not have one of the qualification in his check list and he turned me down.

After a month later, the hiring manager called me to follow up. I told him the recruiter II rejected me because i never use the software before.

On the next day, I get a call from another HR person about face to face interview. They set up a time and I went in for the interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers. The questions were easy, mostly about the project i have done in the past. I knew what i was doing and i was able to answer their questions. I raised my concern about i never use one of the software before. They told me the software is not a major skill they are looking for.

After face to face interview, I got the offer letter within 2 days.

Flowserve is losing a lot of talented potential employee because of the Recruiter. Recruiter filter the candidates based on the qualification and not the right attitude. I have see a lot of employee with lazy attitude and get hired because of their certification.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavior questions and the project i have done in the past.
      No curve ball. Everything straight forward.

Answer Question
    I did not negotiate at all. The offer was good enough and provide me a good career path.

Marketing Manager Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Flowserve.

The Interview process is slow, after a round of interview , one has to wait for sometime to find out whether it is moving any further.
    The company needs someone with B2B experience, so there is low chances to get hired if you are coming from the consumer industry.

Machinist/Mill and CNC Operator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Flowserve.

Gravy, walked in for interview started the next week. Got started and trained in two day.. Pretty positive experience and feedback. Not thirty words worth of explanation needed for the interview process at flowserve. Pretty self explanatory

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at flowserve..   View Answer
    No negotiations

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Flowserve.

Very unorganized interview process. It is an embarrassing process having candidates return four and five times to interview with 10-12 people due to the inability for hiring managers and leaders to make a decision. They string people along and make candidates take full days away from current careers or responsibilities to wait hours to meet with people once they do often never hear back or receive responded. No planned organized schedule. Unprofessional and embarrassing. Not a culture that cares about time commitments and respect one's personal integrity.

Interview Questions
    • What questions do you have? First person I was meant to interview with cancelled. Second person answered calls and emails during my interview that lasted 8 minutes. Said she was too busy. Said she was not happy and told me I would be overwhelmed.   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Flowserve in May 2014.

The interview was very laid back. It consisted of a tour of the shop and lunch at a local restaurant. The interview was a combination of personal "get to know each other" talk and unforced questions and answers about the job (career aspirations, qualifications for the job, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • What is/was your favorite class in school?

(No very difficult questions were asked)

Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Flowserve in May 2014.

I applied online and was hired within two weeks. Straight-forward process. I got contacted for a phone interview then was scheduled for an in-person interview, all within a week. The in-person interview was very laid-back and simple and the interviewer did a good job of making me feel comfortable. The next day I received my offer.

QA Manager Interview

Too many phone interviews, and trying to negotiate your salary as they go, without even inviting for a face to face meeting.

Interview Questions
    • Standard stuff, try to avoid talking about money expectations over the phone   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Flowserve in February 2014.

Six interviews with various managers. Main interview was with the National Sales Manager. Also interviewed with facility managers, Global Sales Director, etc. Had to travel to Houston once. But for the rest of the interviews, the parties traveled to the closest facility to my home. Every person was professional and courteous. The interview questions ran the gauntlet. Lot of questions on technical ability, and "how" I would do the job.

Interview Questions
    • We need someone who can specify a valve on the spot. Are you sure you can handle this kind of technical requirement?   View Answer
    Straightforward. They first asked what kind of comp would l like, and I gave a high number. They went back and forth very little, and made me an offer at the high number. It's a straightforward as you can imagine.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Flowserve.

I was called late May a few weeks after online submission. They set up an interview about a week from then at their Vernon location. Once I arrived, there were three engineering managers and one HR representative. Each manager represented a different department within the facilities: nuclear, commercial, and project management. They offered water and had drawings ready for me to peruse. They also asked if I had a preference on which department to work in. They later contacted me with an offer and sent me a package of forms to fill out. I also underwent a drug test before working.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral or whether I had experience with their trade. They were very open to my questions regarding the history of the company.   Answer Question

R&D Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springville, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springville, UT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Flowserve in December 2013.

Used an outside hiring agency to find me and then interviewed me on site. The interview consisted of four separate meetings with the Direct Supervisor, Project Engineer, Department Head, and HR representative individually. They asked very similar questions. I was asked to prepare to be asked about thermodynamics and fluid mechanics by the HR representative but then was not asked a single thing about it. Instead I was asked very obscure questions about application of data-acquisition techniques and equipment. The interviewers were all very friendly, however, and I did get the job in spite of my lack of preparation on the subject of data-acquisition.

Interview Questions
    • Specific details on the correct use or application of certain data-acquisition equipment/ techniques.   View Answer
    I didn't attempt to negotiate because it was an intern position and the offer was quite adequate.