Flowserve Interview Questions

2.5

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Flowserve.

Very unorganized interview process. It is an embarrassing process having candidates return four and five times to interview with 10-12 people due to the inability for hiring managers and leaders to make a decision. They string people along and make candidates take full days away from current careers or responsibilities to wait hours to meet with people once they do often never hear back or receive responded. No planned organized schedule. Unprofessional and embarrassing. Not a culture that cares about time commitments and respect one's personal integrity.

Interview Questions
    • What questions do you have? First person I was meant to interview with cancelled. Second person answered calls and emails during my interview that lasted 8 minutes. Said she was too busy. Said she was not happy and told me I would be overwhelmed.   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Deer Park, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Flowserve in May 2014.

The interview was very laid back. It consisted of a tour of the shop and lunch at a local restaurant. The interview was a combination of personal "get to know each other" talk and unforced questions and answers about the job (career aspirations, qualifications for the job, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • What is/was your favorite class in school?

(No very difficult questions were asked)
        Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Flowserve in May 2014.

I applied online and was hired within two weeks. Straight-forward process. I got contacted for a phone interview then was scheduled for an in-person interview, all within a week. The in-person interview was very laid-back and simple and the interviewer did a good job of making me feel comfortable. The next day I received my offer.

QA Manager Interview

Too many phone interviews, and trying to negotiate your salary as they go, without even inviting for a face to face meeting.

Interview Questions
    • Standard stuff, try to avoid talking about money expectations over the phone   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Flowserve in February 2014.

Six interviews with various managers. Main interview was with the National Sales Manager. Also interviewed with facility managers, Global Sales Director, etc. Had to travel to Houston once. But for the rest of the interviews, the parties traveled to the closest facility to my home. Every person was professional and courteous. The interview questions ran the gauntlet. Lot of questions on technical ability, and "how" I would do the job.

Interview Questions
    • We need someone who can specify a valve on the spot. Are you sure you can handle this kind of technical requirement?   View Answer
    Straightforward. They first asked what kind of comp would l like, and I gave a high number. They went back and forth very little, and made me an offer at the high number. It's a straightforward as you can imagine.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Flowserve.

I was called late May a few weeks after online submission. They set up an interview about a week from then at their Vernon location. Once I arrived, there were three engineering managers and one HR representative. Each manager represented a different department within the facilities: nuclear, commercial, and project management. They offered water and had drawings ready for me to peruse. They also asked if I had a preference on which department to work in. They later contacted me with an offer and sent me a package of forms to fill out. I also underwent a drug test before working.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral or whether I had experience with their trade. They were very open to my questions regarding the history of the company.   Answer Question

R&D Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springville, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springville, UT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Flowserve in December 2013.

Used an outside hiring agency to find me and then interviewed me on site. The interview consisted of four separate meetings with the Direct Supervisor, Project Engineer, Department Head, and HR representative individually. They asked very similar questions. I was asked to prepare to be asked about thermodynamics and fluid mechanics by the HR representative but then was not asked a single thing about it. Instead I was asked very obscure questions about application of data-acquisition techniques and equipment. The interviewers were all very friendly, however, and I did get the job in spite of my lack of preparation on the subject of data-acquisition.

Interview Questions
    • Specific details on the correct use or application of certain data-acquisition equipment/ techniques.   View Answer
    I didn't attempt to negotiate because it was an intern position and the offer was quite adequate.

Communications Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Flowserve.

standard interview process. just be prepared to talk about what you know of Flowserve, your experiences that apply to the role and various cultures at other companies.

Interview Questions
    they don't negotiate. you get what is offered and that is all.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Flowserve in September 2013.

There is no appointment before the interviewer called. The interview just started. She asked me several background questions. It seems that she is an assistant ranther than a hiring manager. The interview didn't last 20 minutes.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vernon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon, CA

Came in for an interview at the Vernon office. Interview went well but never heard back, even after I left several phone messages.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really asked any difficult questions that I remember. They asked the usual tell me about yourself type questions, as well as what I did for my senior design project.   Answer Question

Worked for Flowserve? Contribute to the Community!