Flowserve Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.5

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Flowserve (Irving, TX).

Interview

Lengthy Interview process but thorough. HR outsources the phone screening then reports to the hiring manager for selection. Three rounds of in person interviews.Job description was alittle vague but questions freely answered during the in person.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Flowserve (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Signed up online. set up an interview. Normal questions about work history and experience. Interview lasted an hour. The interviewer was quite personable, showed me around the office and introduced me to a few people. Was given a brief overview of what the company's goals were and what I, as an intern, would be responsible for.

Interview Questions

• What experience would you bring to Flowserve?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Flowserve.

Interview

I was told by the hiring manager that there is a job position open and they are looking for people with my skill set. I filled up the online application and one of the recruiter II contacted me for initial screening. Apparently he has some kind of check list in front of him. I did not have one of the qualification in his check list and he turned me down. After a month later, the hiring manager called me to follow up. I told him the recruiter II rejected me because i never use the software before. On the next day, I get a call from another HR person about face to face interview. They set up a time and I went in for the interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers. The questions were easy, mostly about the project i have done in the past. I knew what i was doing and i was able to answer their questions. I raised my concern about i never use one of the software before. They told me the software is not a major skill they are looking for. After face to face interview, I got the offer letter within 2 days. Flowserve is losing a lot of talented potential employee because of the Recruiter. Recruiter filter the candidates based on the qualification and not the right attitude. I have see a lot of employee with lazy attitude and get hired because of their certification.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions and the project i have done in the past. No curve ball. Everything straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at all. The offer was good enough and provide me a good career path.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Flowserve.

Interview

The Interview process is slow, after a round of interview , one has to wait for sometime to find out whether it is moving any further. The company needs someone with B2B experience, so there is low chances to get hired if you are coming from the consumer industry.

Machinist/Mill and CNC Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Flowserve.

Interview

Gravy, walked in for interview started the next week. Got started and trained in two day.. Pretty positive experience and feedback. Not thirty words worth of explanation needed for the interview process at flowserve. Pretty self explanatory

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at flowserve..   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Flowserve (Allentown, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Recruiter screening by phone then interviewed in person. Recruiter questions were pretty basic at first then got REALLY detailed and specific. Hiring manager seemed distracted and busy DURING the interview, which made me concerned about what it would be like having them as my boss. The work location was cool and the projects we discussed were very much like what I had hope for. I met a few people there that seemed to be enjoying their jobs.

Interview Questions

I had another offer that had a higher salary and better benefits. The manager there seemed more excited about having me join the team.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Flowserve (Irving, TX).

Interview

Very unorganized interview process. It is an embarrassing process having candidates return four and five times to interview with 10-12 people due to the inability for hiring managers and leaders to make a decision. They string people along and make candidates take full days away from current careers or responsibilities to wait hours to meet with people once they do often never hear back or receive responded. No planned organized schedule. Unprofessional and embarrassing. Not a culture that cares about time commitments and respect one's personal integrity.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have? First person I was meant to interview with cancelled. Second person answered calls and emails during my interview that lasted 8 minutes. Said she was too busy. Said she was not happy and told me I would be overwhelmed.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Flowserve (Deer Park, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. It consisted of a tour of the shop and lunch at a local restaurant. The interview was a combination of personal "get to know each other" talk and unforced questions and answers about the job (career aspirations, qualifications for the job, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What is/was your favorite class in school? (No very difficult questions were asked)   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Flowserve (West Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was hired within two weeks. Straight-forward process. I got contacted for a phone interview then was scheduled for an in-person interview, all within a week. The in-person interview was very laid-back and simple and the interviewer did a good job of making me feel comfortable. The next day I received my offer.

QA Manager Interview

Interview

Too many phone interviews, and trying to negotiate your salary as they go, without even inviting for a face to face meeting.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff, try to avoid talking about money expectations over the phone   Answer Question