Fluential Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.5

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fluential (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume on line and HR contacted me, she said she will give you two hour on line test, you can use python or C++ to solve this problem... However, she did not give me on time. I wait for her email about half an hour and asked for the information, she did not give me a reply. Maybe, they already found the right one. I choose to move on. Hope I can find a position in bar area.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions, you can solve it by python and C++. I did not get the code problem.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

There were several rounds before the face to face interview. 1) Coding Question. You had to complete this in 2 hours and email it back to them. 2) Phone Interview. Questions were related to your experience and some logic questions. 3) Onsite Interview. I took turns to talk to 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Onsite Interview questions were mostly about algorithms. Case study type questions where they want you to walk them through your whole thought process.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fluential.

Interview

It took around 1 week to setup interview. first there was a written test then telephonic and after that face to face. The office manager was very nice lady and the manager who took my interview he was awesome person. very positive and appreciating attitude.

Interview Questions

Fluential Response

Jan 21, 2015 – Business

We appreciate this person's response and wish them all the best.

Software Engineer Interview Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fluential in October 2014.

Interview

If you even have a minimum wage offer at Starbuck DO NOT wast your time reading about this "Company". Also, since my time is valuable, I make my points very short. 1- I had read those two previous reviews before I visited them in person and now I can confirm they are both true and accurate. 2- The interview process in this "Company" is upside down instead of being interviewed by some engineers first then VP of engineering sometimes continued by CTO/CEO here is the interview process: CEO -> CTO -> VP engineering -> Janitor -> Some random guy on the street .... 3- For sure you will be asked by CEO about number of barbers in Boston, maybe this time New York, but be prepared about the noises. He is interviewing you while driving a noisy car and going to In-N-Out drive through. 4- Do not be surprised, there is no bottled water, no sank, nothing during the interview processes, so bring your own lunch with yourself. 5- Last but not least, the technology they are hoping to develop is in the market since 10 years ago, so wish them luck :D

Interview Questions

• Barbers in boston...yeah right !!   2 Answers

Dec 23, 2014 – Business

As a company we appreciate this applicant's comments, even though these comments are not completely accurate or true. We wish this person the best in their employment career.

Python Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fluential.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR lady, I mentioned to her that I'll be unavailable in 2 weeks due to a camping trip, she said that was fine. I had an interview with the VP of speech solutions which went well. Then the next week I had an interview with the CEO of the company, who was very unprofessional. He asked me the question "How many barbershops are there in Boston?" and asked me to find out without using any resources. Maybe he didn't catch the memo, but Google stopped doing those silly questions a long time ago since those questions literally don't prove anything. Throughout the whole interview he disconnected 2 times, and said "Sorry I keep cutting off, I'm driving". Really? You're going to drive while doing a tech interview along with asking some awful question? Well I ran through the whole analysis of the question with him and came up with some random number. He asked me if I had any questions for him, and in the middle of that he said he had to go. Well the next day the HR lady emailed me saying they plan to do another interview next week, which I replied that I'm not available that week due to the camping trip I told her about. She replied that they were going to pursue other candidates. From the info I got from the interviews, such as how they've said they've been changing products every few years (they're doing some weight loss app right now), and the way I was treated during the interviews, I would not recommend anyone to interview with this company.

Interview Questions

Fluential Response

Nov 6, 2014 – Business

As a company we continuously treat each potential candidate with the utmost respect and communicate in a timely manner. This potential applicant's experience is not indicative at all of the ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fluential (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

In my 10+ years in bay area I have yet to come across such an anal company. They sent me a childish python problem that needed to be completed in 2 hours. Then they had the audacity to ask me how much time I took to do it. Nothing better to do I reached their office for interview and it felt like police interrogation rather than interview. I thought the CEO was a complete a**hole. I would never join this company. Instead of telling about what they do and how the company started etc, they immediately jumped on me as if I was a criminal and they were FBI agents who finally got me. What a pathetic people.

Interview Questions

• Barbers in boston...yeah right !!   1 Answer

Avoid this company at all costs. It is next to a freeway in the middle of silicon valley wasteland. Also the CEO and the CTO are complete a**hole. This is the company for the losers.

Nov 6, 2014 – Business

This potential applicant was ultimately not hired by our company, as evident in their disrespectful comments. As a company we treat not only our employees, but potential applicants, with the utmost ... More