Fluential

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

1.7

Software Engineer Interview Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fluential in October 2014.

If you even have a minimum wage offer at Starbuck DO NOT wast your time reading about this "Company". Also, since my time is valuable, I make my points very short.

1- I had read those two previous reviews before I visited them in person and now I can confirm they are both true and accurate.

2- The interview process in this "Company" is upside down instead of being interviewed by some engineers first then VP of engineering sometimes continued by CTO/CEO here is the interview process: CEO -> CTO -> VP engineering -> Janitor -> Some random guy on the street ....

3- For sure you will be asked by CEO about number of barbers in Boston, maybe this time New York, but be prepared about the noises. He is interviewing you while driving a noisy car and going to In-N-Out drive through.

4- Do not be surprised, there is no bottled water, no sank, nothing during the interview processes, so bring your own lunch with yourself.

5- Last but not least, the technology they are hoping to develop is in the market since 10 years ago, so wish them luck :D

Dec 23, 2014Business

As a company we appreciate this applicant's comments, even though these comments are not completely accurate or true. We wish this person the best in their employment career.

Python Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fluential.

Initial phone interview with HR lady, I mentioned to her that I'll be unavailable in 2 weeks due to a camping trip, she said that was fine. I had an interview with the VP of speech solutions which went well. Then the next week I had an interview with the CEO of the company, who was very unprofessional. He asked me the question "How many barbershops are there in Boston?" and asked me to find out without using any resources. Maybe he didn't catch the memo, but Google stopped doing those silly questions a long time ago since those questions literally don't prove anything. Throughout the whole interview he disconnected 2 times, and said "Sorry I keep cutting off, I'm driving". Really? You're going to drive while doing a tech interview along with asking some awful question? Well I ran through the whole analysis of the question with him and came up with some random number. He asked me if I had any questions for him, and in the middle of that he said he had to go.

Well the next day the HR lady emailed me saying they plan to do another interview next week, which I replied that I'm not available that week due to the camping trip I told her about. She replied that they were going to pursue other candidates.

From the info I got from the interviews, such as how they've said they've been changing products every few years (they're doing some weight loss app right now), and the way I was treated during the interviews, I would not recommend anyone to interview with this company.

Nov 6, 2014Business

As a company we continuously treat each potential candidate with the utmost respect and communicate in a timely manner. Unfortunately this potential applicant's experience is not indicative at all ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fluential in May 2013.

In my 10+ years in bay area I have yet to come across such an anal company. They sent me a childish python problem that needed to be completed in 2 hours. Then they had the audacity to ask me how much time I took to do it. Nothing better to do I reached their office for interview and it felt like police interrogation rather than interview. I thought the CEO was a complete a**hole. I would never join this company. Instead of telling about what they do and how the company started etc, they immediately jumped on me as if I was a criminal and they were FBI agents who finally got me. What a pathetic people.

Interview Questions

Avoid this company at all costs. It is next to a freeway in the middle of silicon valley wasteland. Also the CEO and the CTO are complete a**hole. This is the company for the losers.

Nov 6, 2014Business

This potential applicant was ultimately not hired by our company, as evident in their disrespectful comments. As a company we treat not only our employees, but potential applicants, with the utmost ... More