Fluid

www.fluid.com

Fluid Interview Questions

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fluid.

Apply at a Campus Career Fair, I got my first interview. I thought it wasn't too hard. The interview was only 30 mins long.

Interview Questions
    • Make a function that thats in a number, the function must return true if it is prime.   View Answer

Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fluid in February 2014.

The interview process was unnecessarily long. I did 4 rounds of interviews and was asked the same questions over and over again.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really unexpected, they did ask me to analyze one of their customers products on spot and how I would implement a solution.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fluid.

Pretty easy-ish and expected all questions about my experience. Had group interview in the end. It helped that I had a good PPT deck

Interview Questions
    Low balled but decided to take it just to gain the experience

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Meet tons of people but all seem bored or would rather be doing other things. Took a long time to go through and had to come back many times and do the same song and dance over and over again. Met people that didn't even seem relevant to the position I was applying for, didn't make much sense and wasted a lot of my vacation days at former employer

quick but offered little

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fluid in February 2013.

Received email from a rep of company for phone interview. Phone interview lasted 10 minutes. She asked very basic questions (i.e. Describe your last position duties, Where did you work before that, What was your reason for leaving, how much web experience do you have, etc.) After 10 minutes she said she would pass answers on to Human Resources person and they may or may not get back to me. Person giving interview was very, monotone, uninterested and rude. Really spoke to the company's negative status.

Interview Questions
    • None. Tried asking her questions about company but she refused to answer and said that someone would get back to me if I fit their profile.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Fluid in January 2013.

I had a few different phone interviews throughout the process, the company seems to have it's act together in recruiting and the technical questions were very challenging. As it was only scheduled to be a 30 min phone interview, I sort of underestimated the amount and scope of technical questions I was going to get hit with. I was forced to stay on track when I tried to expand on some past work (which are topics I have rehearsed well and that I like to bring up). Come prepared ready to talk fast and make sure you up to speed on the technical side.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of detailed javascript questions including closures, types, AJAX and JSON-P, prototype.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Fluid in May 2012.

You'll meet 30+ people as everyone interviews you and you'll feel like this is a very collaborative environment but it's all a farce according to current employees. Management seemed pretty cocky although there were seemingly nice people otherwise. Salaries are not competitive and I've heard that people are fired just as quickly as they are hired.

Interview Questions

Really tight with benefits and spoke with people that have worked/still work there.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fluid in January 2012.

Was asked to pitch Fluid software to the entire sales and marketing teams
    Very intimidating experience
    Over 5 people in the room
    30 minutes of pitching followed by 30 minutes of Q&A
    Poor followup after interview
    Felt like standing in front of a firing squad
    Uninterested and unenthusiastic employees
    The person who set up my interview was very unclear as to how I should present which turned out to not be exactly what the team was looking to hear

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult thing about our software that you would find hard to sell?   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiating, its was a take it or leave it offer with a short window for response

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fluid in July 2011.

First they messed up to schedule the appointment. That was because someone failed to schedule the interview on the interviewers calendar. They made me wait that day. I had to contact them to see if the position was available and they scheduled me again. The day of the interview something went wrong. The interviewer seemed nice but when he asked me a question, I did not understand what he said because I am an English as a second language speaker. He thought I did not know anything about CS so he declined to continue interviewing me and let me go. I was concerned so I asked them for any feedback, which they never responded back.

Interview Questions
    • Would you know how to create an object in Objective C?   Answer Question

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fluid in December 2010.

When you walk in the door, you literally feel the energy of a startup company with a mission. This is great, considering Fluid is a 10 year old company with a well established presence in San Francisco. The culture is open, positive, and the people there a truly passionate about what they do and how they do it. Innovation and progress seem hardwired into the company, and chatting with the co-founders and employees will immediately make you aware that this is a company on a mission to do great things. The phone screenings were very thorough and engaging but not laborious, and the questions were very detailed and focused. My advice to other candidates would be - bring your "A" game, know your stuff (in terms of work, trends, etc), and be confident in who you are. If you can't handle those three things, don't bother applying.

Interview Questions
    • You seem very proud of your work for your current client. Why are you looking to leave?   View Answer
    Negotiations were smooth and efficient. I had 2 other offers pending at the same time, and Fluid was the company that stood out as one that actually listens to and, most importantly, responds to questions and concerns. I feel their offer was very fair and competitive with much bigger companies/agencies, and accurately reflects my own valuation of my skill set and growth potential.

If you are considering an offer, think not just about what you are doing right now but think about what you think you'll want to be doing in 3-5 years. There are opportunities to grow and expand your skill set here that you just will not find in other agencies.