Fluidigm

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.8

Manager, Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fluidigm in May 2014.

I learned of the position via a job alert email, and applied on line. I received an HR phone interview request. She explained the position and the corporate culture in more detail. She definitely sold me on the company, and I was more excited about the prospect after our interview. This interview was to confirm my qualifications and interest. I was invited to an on-site interview with the hiring manager. It was brief, about 30 minutes and I needed more time, just for my own clarity of interest, and we extended it another 15 minutes. This interview also gave me more details about the company and the position. We reviewed my resume, work and systems experience, and went into more detail on my qualifications for this particular position. It was positive, relaxed and there were no off the wall questions. It's important that personalities fit since it's a small team and everyone might need to help out beyond their official role. This was my impression.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, always be prepared to discuss how you are qualified and if you don't have the exact experience, what are your comparable experiences.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Fluidigm in September 2013.

I had a phone screen, phone interview and then was flown in from out of town for a 1/2 day, multiple person interview. Couldn't have been a better experience (save for the fact I, sadly, didn't get the gig. ...Very friendly, genuine people who made me feel comfortable. Offered ample time to take a break/breather between interviews. Very open and honest (no cliches, corporate speak garbage) in answering my questions. Even though I didn't get the job, I got the sense that it's a good company with a great culture.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, but a few tricky questions (not to be confused with ridiculous or irrelevant questions).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fluidigm.

Interview process was extremely accomadating. Staff was cheerful yet professional.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fluidigm in June 2009.

A number of meetings over the course of a month. The process was kinda long but pretty easy as they don't fully vet their candidates.

Interview Questions
    • List our company benefits provided on our website?   View Answer
    • List our company goals provided on our website?   View Answer
    Fluidigm will easily meet your demands.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Fluidigm in August 2014.

I applied for this position through JobStreet. And the company responded to my resume within a day. I was invited for a one-on-one interview with their upper management. The questions asked were mainly technical questions relevant to the job scope. After the interview I was brought on a short tour around their office and their manufacturing facilities.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you were tasked to learn a new research technique. How successful were you?   Answer Question

Graduate Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fluidigm in May 2012.

Called the company directly to ask about summer internship opportunities. Received a call back a few days later, with a short 10 min discussion about interests. Then scheduled an interview over Skype for the following week. Had another short discussion over the phone for week 3. At week 5, a final half-day interview on site, meeting with five representatives for half an hour each. Was offered position shortly afterwards.