Fluke Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Fluke Corporation.

Process was basic and could use some fine tuning. The conference room was blah and you could tell the chairs were broken or breaking. I had one interviewer who left 20 minutes into our 1 hour interview so that was a bit awkward. I also learned about what it meant to be in Boeing traffic.

Interview Questions
    • What my salary was like 15 years ago and 6 jobs ago   View Answer
    Good dialogue around what was important to me and still fair

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fluke Corporation in February 2014.

Prepare to drive the interview; the panel of 4 reserve 50 minutes per interview, back to back. Sell yourself, they love themselves, but have little to no experience speaking or translating into other languages. Actual documentation shows problems with parallel construction that is perilous for translation into European languages.
    The Fluke 754 has features we know you’ll love: increased accuracy, enhanced reliability, and is easier to read in dark environments.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you fit into their corporate climate (they tell you nobody leaves once they get hired, but a little research shows high job turnover, esp. in the writing team). Such incongruities undermined the interview for me. Perhaps it would be your cup of tea. I don't sense corroboration or collegiate work ethic.   View Answer

A closed group, with undeserved self-importance who achieved job via family member with no writing experience. No questions regarding documentation. Overinflated view of their role in the company.

Web Content Contractor Interview

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fluke Corporation.

Translation experience, working with multinational teams and writing for multinational audiences bore no interest, but was on list of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Self rating for host of skills, time management, working on multiple projects, etc.   View Answer

BOLD Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Fluke Corporation.

I met a recruiter at a career fair. Received a phone call two weeks later from HR to set up a half-day interview. Arrived early, and was greeted promptly by the receptionist. Other candidates were scheduled for interviews at the same time. The process was well planned and executed. There were four 50 minute interviews with 10 minute breaks between each followed by a tour of the facility. Lunch was provided and candidates were seated next to divisional leaders (lunch was very much like a 5th interview.) Lastly, there was a company presentation. The interviewers were friendly and focused mainly on behavioral type questions. Having an interview that lasted over four hours was a bit intense but wasn't too overwhelming.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you used a metric to measure your success or failure.   Answer Question
    • What would you do in a line-down situation?   Answer Question

Material Handler III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fluke Corporation.

I started as a temp and after a period of time I was approched by my boss and asked if I wanted to be hired on full time

na

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fluke Corporation.

Found the job posting on a third party search engine. Applied through the Fluke Career site, and contacted the hiring engineer. Had 2 interviews with in 1 week time period, HR then followed by 2 engineers. HR asked generic questions regarding the resume and company/job. 2nd interview with the hiring engineer was more technical with questions about the background required for the position.

However, following the 2nd interview, communication was much to be desired. HR was not responsive to requests. Follow-up emails were sent by other HR reps that were not familiar with my case. A month after the initial interview, was contacted by two different HR reps with contradicting explanations into why I was not going to be considered for the position.

Requirements for the position were not clearly identified or relayed to me through-out all the interviews. Overall, engineers were a joy to talk to and deal with, can't say the same for the HR though.

Test Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fluke Corporation in January 2012.

Applied online, interviewed the following week. (phone screen, and on site 6-hour HR/technical interview) offered the job that night.

Finance and Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Fluke Corporation in August 2011.

I had a successful phone interview with HR, for a Compliance position. I received a few follow-up e-mails from HR, telling me about scheduling an interview with the Controller and, five weeks, later, I am yet to receive the invitation. Their HR processes seems to be disorganized and has a lot of room for improvement.

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fluke Corporation in March 2011.

This position was through an agency so the second interview was on site at Fluke. Straightforward and to the point questions, can you do the job - yes, are you dependable - yes. Basically just want you to be consistent and have a good attitude. 30 minute interview, don't try and embellish your answers, just get to it, they are busy.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Fluke Corporation in January 2014.

The interview process took about 6 weeks and included skype/ phone interviews, meeting stakeholders at different business units of the group, as well as IQ/ personality test.

The meetings with stakeholders were arranged back to back for half a day, without any break in between. Both times I was given the exact details of who I would be meeting only once I had arrived for the interview. Was sent a travel guide to assist with travel bookings, which was great. Also got the opportunity to take a tour of one of the business units, which was very interesting and gave me valuable insights as to what the role would entail.

Travel cost have not been reimbursed, despite written committment from the company to do so.

Interview Questions
    • was surprised to be asked "trick" questions to test my knowledge on certain areas.   Answer Question

The position required frequent travel, including being away weeks at a time, at least twice a month. According to the job spec the role was to be based at my place of residence with a requirement to travel. The actual expectations where only made clear when I specifically asked for it at the end of the interview process, following up on a comment made by one of the stakeholders.

Actions speak louder than words, and while the interviews at the first business unit left me wanting to work there, the interviews with the stakeholders at the second business unit left me in doubt that this indeed was the great place to work I was being told about.

Worked for Fluke Corporation? Contribute to the Community!