Fluke Corporation Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2015

2.7

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fluke Corporation (Everett, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

First interview with recruiter over the phone, then two more phone interviews with the hiring manager and then direct supervisor. Brought in for a 3 hour interview with 3 different team members after that. Then finally, another on-site with an engineering manager and another conference call with the direct supervisor. After so many interviews they said they moved forward with someone else because of management experience. They could have told me that simply after looking at my resume or after the first few phone calls which would have saved me lots of time. Or they were unsure of what they wanted in a new employee.

Interview Questions

• What is the second law of thermodynamics, when is a wind tunnel flow choked, what do aircraft winglets do, how do pressure pistons work, how to find area and volume, what is the quadratic equation, describe entropy.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fluke Corporation (Everett, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview by HR Rep. Face to face interview with hiring manager, team members and internal customer. Phone interview with the hiring manager's manager. Facility was very nice! The people were extremely friendly! They even bought me lunch at the cafeteria, which was a nice touch! Great benefit package! I was offered the position and would have loved to have taken it, but I had another offer for quite a bit more $$$ that I could not pass up.

Interview Questions

• After showing me a list of the top eight tasks needed for the position, the hiring manager had me rank them by how I felt my strongest skills to weakest skills were in comparison.   1 Answer

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fluke Corporation (Everett, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially, I had a phone interview with the recruiter and it went well. Interviews were then set up to meet members of the Legal Department. I was brought into a very small conference room where I met with each team member and questions were fired off one by one. I never heard back from them either way. After spending 2-1/2 hours interviewing, the professional thing would be to send me a response as to whether or not you were interested either way. Leaving interviewees in limbo is not right.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of wording or problems you would use or look for in a Non-Disclosure Agreement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fluke Corporation (Everett, WA).

Interview

Process was basic and could use some fine tuning. The conference room was blah and you could tell the chairs were broken or breaking. I had one interviewer who left 20 minutes into our 1 hour interview so that was a bit awkward. I also learned about what it meant to be in Boeing traffic.

Interview Questions

• What my salary was like 15 years ago and 6 jobs ago   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good dialogue around what was important to me and still fair

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fluke Corporation (Everett, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Prepare to drive the interview; the panel of 4 reserve 50 minutes per interview, back to back. Sell yourself, they love themselves, but have little to no experience speaking or translating into other languages. Actual documentation shows problems with parallel construction that is perilous for translation into European languages. The Fluke 754 has features we know you’ll love: increased accuracy, enhanced reliability, and is easier to read in dark environments.

Interview Questions

• Why would you fit into their corporate climate (they tell you nobody leaves once they get hired, but a little research shows high job turnover, esp. in the writing team). Such incongruities undermined the interview for me. Perhaps it would be your cup of tea. I don't sense corroboration or collegiate work ethic.   1 Answer

A closed group, with undeserved self-importance who achieved job via family member with no writing experience. No questions regarding documentation. Overinflated view of their role in the company.

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Fluke Corporation.

Interview

Translation experience, working with multinational teams and writing for multinational audiences bore no interest, but was on list of questions.

Interview Questions

• Self rating for host of skills, time management, working on multiple projects, etc.   1 Answer

BOLD Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fluke Corporation.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair. Received a phone call two weeks later from HR to set up a half-day interview. Arrived early, and was greeted promptly by the receptionist. Other candidates were scheduled for interviews at the same time. The process was well planned and executed. There were four 50 minute interviews with 10 minute breaks between each followed by a tour of the facility. Lunch was provided and candidates were seated next to divisional leaders (lunch was very much like a 5th interview.) Lastly, there was a company presentation. The interviewers were friendly and focused mainly on behavioral type questions. Having an interview that lasted over four hours was a bit intense but wasn't too overwhelming.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you used a metric to measure your success or failure.   Answer Question
    • What would you do in a line-down situation?   Answer Question

Material Handler III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fluke Corporation (Everett, WA).

Interview

I started as a temp and after a period of time I was approched by my boss and asked if I wanted to be hired on full time

Negotiation

na

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fluke Corporation (Everett, WA).

Interview

Found the job posting on a third party search engine. Applied through the Fluke Career site, and contacted the hiring engineer. Had 2 interviews with in 1 week time period, HR then followed by 2 engineers. HR asked generic questions regarding the resume and company/job. 2nd interview with the hiring engineer was more technical with questions about the background required for the position. However, following the 2nd interview, communication was much to be desired. HR was not responsive to requests. Follow-up emails were sent by other HR reps that were not familiar with my case. A month after the initial interview, was contacted by two different HR reps with contradicting explanations into why I was not going to be considered for the position. Requirements for the position were not clearly identified or relayed to me through-out all the interviews. Overall, engineers were a joy to talk to and deal with, can't say the same for the HR though.

Test Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fluke Corporation (Everett, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed the following week. (phone screen, and on site 6-hour HR/technical interview) offered the job that night.