Fluke Networks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Product Marketing Manager
Everett, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fluke Networks.

Interview Details – Nothing too special.
2 phone interviews, asking generic questions to see if it is a cultural fit.

2 on-site interview days. First day was to meet your manager and other co-workers. After that, met with VP?GM of another BU and CEO. For the job I interviewed, it was puzzling why I even need to meet the CEO for interview.

Most of the questions were not technically challenging. Asked about experience on pricing, launching products, etc. were also pretty easy.

Interview Question – Nothing really. May the question of asking how do you perform bi-directional fiber testing was a little different?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much. They low-ball the offer by a lot, and so I asked for perceived market rate and got it.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fluke Networks in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very long. In total , I was interviewed by 12 different people. The interviewers ranged from Account Managers, to Engineering staff , Product Managers, Sales Managers and the Business unit President. Most interviews were performed over the phone with only the final interviews face to face.The entire process lasted approximately month and a half.

Interview Question – Describe a sales opportunity which you lost.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Everett, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Fluke Networks in March 2012.

Interview Details – Only had to interview on the phone

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward questions. Mostly asked about my experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since it was a contract job, the salary was already in place, but it met my needs.

Very Difficult Interview

Field Marketing Interview

Field Marketing
Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fluke Networks.

Interview Details – The interview process included two phone screens, then an all day interview process meeting with several different members on the team, ranging from the VP to peers. The process also included a lunch interview.

Interview Question – The company is very heavy channel focused, so there were a number of questions related to how to engage and utilize the channel to generate leads and sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – With HR, a little bit of back and forth on both sides and came to a solid agreement.

IOS Developer Interview

IOS Developer
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fluke Networks in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially given a phone screen by an engineer.
Then I had a cursory chat with the local manager who suggested that I fly out to Colorado Springs, CO for an on-site 'techfest'. The job site is in Santa Clara, CA.

I had a 1:1 with the division manager, and an assortment of engineers (firm/hard-ware), lunch with the project manager and a 1:1 techo with another iOS developer.

So I had about a half-dozen interviews.

The firmware guy wanted to test my 'creativeness' by asking me how I would design a Spice Rack for the blind; albeit, it has nothing to do with iOS.

Each of the queries were thorough and open. Everyone was friendly.

Interview Question – One engineer wanted to know the fundamental difference between a mutable & immutable container; i.e. the mechanics between the two, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The Division Manager said that she preferred to have a 6-month Contract-To-Hire position. The follow-up HR person asked for my $ quote over-the-phone. The contracting company sent me a stack of forms to fill out: proof of USA citizenship, etc.; and a request for a urine sample via a local lab & background check.

I was to begin on 4th June; but Fluke's parent HR department called me to say that they need budget approval from its parent company Danaher....which could take days or WEEKS. Very odd! Weeks?? Yah, they'll call me in a week or two, ... when they learn if they have the budget to hire me.

I'm presently negotiating a 3-month contract with a DIFFERENT company.

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Development Representative Interview

Sales Development Representative
Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fluke Networks in January 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the hiring manager, and Sales Development Rep, and Lead for the SDR position, the Human Resources Director, and someone in hire management.

Interview Question – They wanted you to be able to show that you had an understanding of their tools and be able to apply the technology into everyday situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a low number, I said that number is too low, they offered me a much better number (8K more), I said you are getting closer...they eventually gave me a number that 15K more then their original offer.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Everett, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fluke Networks in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had a long day of back to back interviews planned including lunch. After meeting my first interviewer I was brought to the lunch room, and then directed upstairs into a room with no windows. I tried to eat while answering question and question. While this isn't uncommon it was interesting that we had it in the conference room. There were 2-3 people grilling me while i was trying to eat my salad. Then, hour after hour i sat there while people came in and out to interview me. I finally asked if i could get a drink or use the restroom as no one offered me a break. At the end, i was given a written test where the manager watched me the entire time to ensure i didn't cheat. Give me a break. I would never work at this place and was sorry i spent so much of my day there.

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you would work with other teams at the company and what worked and what hasn't? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Advanced Engineering Program Interview

Advanced Engineering Program
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fluke Networks in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had never even heard of Fluke Networks until I met them at my university's career fair. I talked with one of recruiters (an engineer) for a while and handed him my resume. The next day, I received a call from the recruiter inviting me to an on-campus interview.

The on-campus interview lasted about 45 minutes. I was interviewed by the same person I met in the career fair. (There was supposed to be another interviewer in the room, but he had to leave before the interview.) The interview consisted of easy technical questions and behavioral questions. After a few days, I received an e-mail saying that I've been selected for an on-site interview and that I'm being considered for the Advanced Engineering Program (AEP).

The on-site interview consisted of three technical interviews, one behavioral interview, and a half-hour presentation on a past project. Upon arrival at the Fluke Networks site in Colorado Springs, I was met at the lobby by a current AEP participant. He briefly showed me around the place, then took me to the location of the first interview, which was technical. The interviewer asked me some basic interview questions, questions from my resume, and a few technical questions. This was also the format of the second and third interviews, which were also technical. Between the second and third interviews, I (along with other interviewees) was taken out to lunch with some of the current AEP participants. The fourth interview was a behavioral interview and it was by an HR person. Following the fourth interview, I was taken to a meeting room where I gave a presentation to the group of interviewers and other interviewees. After my presentation, I was asked two to three questions about how I dealt with various situations that arose while I was working on the past project (such as how I handled conflict with a team member). Finally, all the interviewees were taken out to dinner.

Although I wasn't impressed by the work environment--it seemed like a dull place to work--I was very impressed with the level of technical expertise of each of the interviewers. I felt I could have done better with more preparation, especially on the behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• In a language of your choosing, write a function that takes three inputs, a, b, and c, and returns all solutions to the equation ax^2+bx+c = 0.   View Answers (2)
  • Describe a time when you improved a process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Fluke Networks.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by two engineers. Caught me off guard that the interview was almost entirely non-technical until I initiated technical discussion.
They asked for a second interview where I'd have to do a 30 minute technical presentation. I declined the offer, see below.

Interview Question – Typical questions like: "Why do you want to work at fluke networks", "How have you dealt with difficult team members", "What project are you most proud of", etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Look these guys up before you join this company. Employee reviews show that there are a LOT of internal problems with this company.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fluke Networks in February 2008.

Interview Details – online application, spoke with recruiter, interviewed with HR and 3 other staff members.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – quick and easy, very formal and detailed

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fluke Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fluke Networks interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fluke Networks employees and interview candidates.