Fluor Federal Services

Fluor Federal Services Interview Questions

1.8

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fluor Federal Services.

The process started with an online application, from there I reveived an email that they had received my application and was reviewing it. After about 20 days I recieved a call that they would like to set up an interview with HR. The next week was interview with HR. Then came a phone interview with my hiring manager and her counterpart. Also keep in mind that the hiring process includes having to fill in you employment history into several databases, going through the drug test at a physical location, backgroud investigation, credit history check, verifying that you have read and understand everything before they can start the onboarding process. Each of these steps coan require additional phone inquiries or answer question phases.

N/A

Senior Expeditor Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fluor Federal Services.

Most of the normal questions. Prepare to do a couple months worth of massive paperwork before going to someplace like Afghanistan. Be patient. It takes time.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work 12 hours per day, 7 days per week, for months on end?   View Answer
    Simple.

FIRE ALARM ENGINEER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fluor Federal Services in November 2012.

After the initial recruiter is complete with getting you going, be available to attend several phone interviews. Take detailed notes and be consistent on your answers. Better to say " have not done that" than to exaggerate.

Interview Questions
    • If asked to by Management can you do a function that is not in your job description?   View Answer
    From the recruiter, nothing formal in writing just notes and verbal. Salary is set so their is no negotiating. Once you get to HQ you get your formal offer letter.

Movement Control Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Fluor Federal Services in March 2012.

Know your background talk about how you will be dedicated

Interview Questions
    not much. pay is set by contract

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fluor Federal Services in July 2011.

phone interview with 3 guys, contacted by HR with a job offer a week later

I was happy with the offer

MWR Technician I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fluor Federal Services in January 2011.

The interview was easy. The questions were related to my previous experience. Since I'm not native English speaker, part of the interview was intended to evaluate my English. The recruiters have very easy job, as they aren't required to find the best person for the job position. People with less or even no experience got better positions.

Interview Questions
    • "Take it or leave it" was the most difficult one... I was offered the lowest (entry) position in MWR although I have previous supervisory experience.   View Answer
    The only negotiation one can get is to decline the offer and hope they won't forget about him.

Director, Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fluor Federal Services in September 2010.

Thorough interview; experience and skillset focused! Adequate time was spent with interview process which included a phone interview. HR staff were very service oriented and provided reasonable communication and response to questions. Everyone at all levels were very professional which made my visits comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • None. All questions were relative to my field and level of experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The offer was resonable.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fluor Federal Services in May 2009.

When very quickly about 1/2 hour.

N/A

Senior Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bagrām (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bagrām (Afghanistan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fluor Federal Services in July 2012.

Filled out online employment form and then went about my business. Received a phone call and asked me two questions. How much experience I had? and Have you ever worked in a war-zone?

Interview Questions
    • Received a phone call and asked me two questions. How much experience I had? and Have you ever worked in a war-zone?   Answer Question
    It was a take it or leave it offer.

Human Resources Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fluor Federal Services in January 2010.

Because of where I was at the time, the company wanted a resume and any certification I had to be considered for the position I already held with the previous company. Fluor was taking over the contract from another company.
    All that was done was the HR person looked at the resume and made an offer. It was take it or go home. That about sums it up.

Interview Questions
    • Is the information in your resume correct?   View Answer
    • How long have you been working in Afghanistan?   View Answer
    There was no negotiations, take it or leave it. NEXT!