Fluor Federal Services

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Movement Control Specialist Interview

Movement Control Specialist

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Fluor Federal Services in March 2012.

Interview Details – Know your background talk about how you will be dedicated

Interview Question – nothing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much. pay is set by contract

FIRE ALARM ENGINEER Interview

FIRE ALARM ENGINEER
Greenville, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fluor Federal Services in November 2012.

Interview Details – After the initial recruiter is complete with getting you going, be available to attend several phone interviews. Take detailed notes and be consistent on your answers. Better to say " have not done that" than to exaggerate.

Interview Question – If asked to by Management can you do a function that is not in your job description?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – From the recruiter, nothing formal in writing just notes and verbal. Salary is set so their is no negotiating. Once you get to HQ you get your formal offer letter.

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Oak Ridge, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fluor Federal Services in July 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview with 3 guys, contacted by HR with a job offer a week later

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the offer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Contract Specialist Interview

Contract Specialist
Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fluor Federal Services.

Interview Details – The process started with an online application, from there I reveived an email that they had received my application and was reviewing it. After about 20 days I recieved a call that they would like to set up an interview with HR. The next week was interview with HR. Then came a phone interview with my hiring manager and her counterpart. Also keep in mind that the hiring process includes having to fill in you employment history into several databases, going through the drug test at a physical location, backgroud investigation, credit history check, verifying that you have read and understand everything before they can start the onboarding process. Each of these steps coan require additional phone inquiries or answer question phases.

Interview Question – Why do you want to change industries?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Director, Compliance Interview

Director, Compliance
Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fluor Federal Services in September 2010.

Interview Details – Thorough interview; experience and skillset focused! Adequate time was spent with interview process which included a phone interview. HR staff were very service oriented and provided reasonable communication and response to questions. Everyone at all levels were very professional which made my visits comfortable.

Interview Question – None. All questions were relative to my field and level of experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The offer was resonable.

MWR Technician I Interview

MWR Technician I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fluor Federal Services in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was easy. The questions were related to my previous experience. Since I'm not native English speaker, part of the interview was intended to evaluate my English. The recruiters have very easy job, as they aren't required to find the best person for the job position. People with less or even no experience got better positions.

Interview Question – "Take it or leave it" was the most difficult one... I was offered the lowest (entry) position in MWR although I have previous supervisory experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The only negotiation one can get is to decline the offer and hope they won't forget about him.

Senior Expeditor Interview

Senior Expeditor

I applied through other source and interviewed at Fluor Federal Services.

Interview Details – Most of the normal questions. Prepare to do a couple months worth of massive paperwork before going to someplace like Afghanistan. Be patient. It takes time.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work 12 hours per day, 7 days per week, for months on end?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Purchasing Agent
Richland, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fluor Federal Services in May 2009.

Interview Details – When very quickly about 1/2 hour.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Senior Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Senior Maintenance Mechanic
Bagrām (Afghanistan)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Fluor Federal Services in July 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out online employment form and then went about my business. Received a phone call and asked me two questions. How much experience I had? and Have you ever worked in a war-zone?

Interview Question – Received a phone call and asked me two questions. How much experience I had? and Have you ever worked in a war-zone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a take it or leave it offer.

IT Operations Specialist Interview

IT Operations Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fluor Federal Services in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR, then the program manager. We discussed several options. I declined the job 2 or 3 times, then I was made an offer that I couldn't refuse.

After I accepted the offer I was flown to the corporate HQ, put up in a nice hotel, given a rental car, per diem and was treated very well through the entire process. The HR staff was knowledgeable, courteous and professional. I have to say that by the time I left the office to deploy to Iraq I felt very confident that I had gone with the right company.

Interview Question – How would I handle a difficult customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was easy. I asked for more money and the company gave it to me.

Worked for Fluor Federal Services? Contribute to the Community!