Fluor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Senior Executive Assistant
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Fluor.

Interview Details – Two officers went through a series of questions. I answered the best that I could, but most of the questions were based from historical experiences, which I could not immediately connect with for great answers. Regardless, I got the position in one gentleman's words: "Hands down"

Interview Question – What was something critical that happened in the past that demanded immediate attention, and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My department managers have never negotiated, and I was the lowest paid Sr. Executive Assistant that worked there.

HSE Technical Specialist Interview

HSE Technical Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fluor in February 2013.

Interview Details – Open house, interview was basic questions followed by in house panel interview with 3. They told me that they will call me for another round of interview. I never got a call back and they told me that the projects they were expecting did not go through.

Senior Piping Designer Interview

Senior Piping Designer
Sugar Land, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fluor in March 2013.

Interview Details – same as everwhere, call you in ask simple questions

Interview Question – did not ask much   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Entry Level Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Fluor in March 2014.

Interview Details – Campus interview. I scheduled the interview via my schools career services.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. The guy was very cool and he asked me about my projects and how I contributed. He also ask to tell me more about yourself and questions like that.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fluor in January 2013.

Interview Details – College Recruiting. Pretty straightforward process. The HR personnel are very friendly and helpful.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were of generic nature however, one of the interviewers asked some technical questions but they were basic like why vacuum distillation is used downstream of an atmospheric distillation process.   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Senior Process Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fluor.

Interview Details – Very professional, seemed very interested. Met management as part of engineering society and got to see how nice the atmosphere was in his department.

Interview Question – Hydraulics question   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The work would have been good, but the drive was too long and the job security couldn't be ensured.

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator
Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fluor in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview took place in a conference room with 12 managers. I was the sole interview candidate. Questions were received from the Project Contracts Manager, Deputy Manager, and 10 team leads.

Interview Question – None of the questions were especially difficult. I was actually disappointed by the lack of "creativity" with the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

DDM Specialist Interview

DDM Specialist
Greenville, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fluor.

Interview Details – Very thorough; asked questions about the resume and life experiences; conversationally gave the answers

Interview Question – 'Give a specific time and in detail about a difficult project with classmates. How did you overcome the obstacles at the end?'   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Non-engineering Professional Interview

Non-engineering Professional
Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fluor in November 2010.

Interview Details – Hard to get an interview unless you know someone

Interview Question – There were really no hard questions. I was already "in"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – really laid back

Water Suply Technician Interview

Water Suply Technician

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fluor in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was solely on the phone with a recruiter spewing back your resume and asking if you are willing to work overseas. A total of 15 on the phone to get the job.

Interview Question – Have you ever been deployed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fluor

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fluor interview questions and advice. All 86 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fluor employees and interview candidates.