Fluor Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2014
90 interviews

2.7

Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Fluor.

Redundant paperwork involved, including emailing resume to HR, filling out application online, discussing and answering application and resume questions during telephone interview with recruiter. Everything can be accomplished online and with telephone calls. It can be hard to get through to recruiters at times.

Interview Questions
    Most positions have a set salary range that has little variance but negotiations are possible with management positions.

Senior Specialist, Material Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Fluor in May 2012.

Went to the location after no response to online applications that were submitted over a year period. Walked into the building escorted with a current employee, and dropped my resume off to the department I was seeking a career in. Initial iterviews were conuducted over the phone. then In person and over the phone again.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you should be (current job title) for this company?   View Answer
    They made an offer and I accepted

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Fluor.

Two officers went through a series of questions. I answered the best that I could, but most of the questions were based from historical experiences, which I could not immediately connect with for great answers. Regardless, I got the position in one gentleman's words: "Hands down"

Interview Questions
    • What was something critical that happened in the past that demanded immediate attention, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    My department managers have never negotiated, and I was the lowest paid Sr. Executive Assistant that worked there.

HSE Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fluor in February 2013.

Open house, interview was basic questions followed by in house panel interview with 3. They told me that they will call me for another round of interview. I never got a call back and they told me that the projects they were expecting did not go through.

Senior Piping Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Fluor in March 2013.

same as everwhere, call you in ask simple questions

easy

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Fluor in March 2014.

Campus interview. I scheduled the interview via my schools career services.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The guy was very cool and he asked me about my projects and how I contributed. He also ask to tell me more about yourself and questions like that.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fluor in January 2013.

College Recruiting. Pretty straightforward process. The HR personnel are very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were of generic nature however, one of the interviewers asked some technical questions but they were basic like why vacuum distillation is used downstream of an atmospheric distillation process.   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Fluor.

Very professional, seemed very interested. Met management as part of engineering society and got to see how nice the atmosphere was in his department.

Interview Questions

The work would have been good, but the drive was too long and the job security couldn't be ensured.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fluor in July 2010.

The interview took place in a conference room with 12 managers. I was the sole interview candidate. Questions were received from the Project Contracts Manager, Deputy Manager, and 10 team leads.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were especially difficult. I was actually disappointed by the lack of "creativity" with the questions.   Answer Question
    There was none.

DDM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fluor.

Very thorough; asked questions about the resume and life experiences; conversationally gave the answers

Interview Questions
    • 'Give a specific time and in detail about a difficult project with classmates. How did you overcome the obstacles at the end?'   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!