Foley & Lardner

Relevance Date Difficulty

IP Docketing Specialist Interview

IP Docketing Specialist
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Foley & Lardner in February 2010.

Interview Details – Position was recommended by recruiter. First interview was with immediate supervisor that explained the role. Had to show willingness to learn new things. Then interviewed with office administrator, who mostly talked about benefits. Then interviewed with Docketing Director, mostly to get a feel of the role and what they expect.

Interview Question – Questions mostly deal with work ethics since it started off entry level.   Answer Question

Patent Paralegal Interview

Patent Paralegal
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Foley & Lardner in April 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy and very little feedback. Had to keep requesting status of process.

Interview Question – Discuss a difficult situation you have had with a former colleague, and how you handled it.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary was too low.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Foley & Lardner.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone screen after which an interview was scheduled. The internal recruiter was the best that I have encountered in my search. She was genuine and engaging, available when I called following the interview for an update on the process and open to remaining in touch. She let me know personally when I was not selected. It was a very professional process/experience.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions from the internal recruiter. Things like, "describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person," or "have you ever had to make a tough decision on the job." The actual marketing interview was used as an opportunity for the firm to describe how they are organized to deliver marketing projects and where the position would fit in within the organization. I got the sense that it was mostly about chemistry and culture.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant/Legal Secretary Interview

Assistant/Legal Secretary
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Foley & Lardner in April 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my application and resume online and I was contacted by someone in HR who set up a phone interview. My phone interview was with my future manager and lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked about my employment history, experience, position specific questions and then I was told that I would be contacted in the next few days if I was selected for an interview in person.
A few days later I was contacted via email by the HR representative and I set up an in person interview. It lasted about 2 1/2 hours. I was asked to take an exam to see how much I actually knew about what I was going to be doing and then I was interviewed by several attorneys, HR reps, managers, etc.
I was again told that I would be contacted in the next few days if I was selected for the position. My future manager contacted me and offered me the position and then I received my offer letter via email to look over. I accepted and began a few days later.

Interview Question – A JP patent application was filed in Japan on 7/8/03. Instructions from the client were received in our law office on 6/8/03. In order to claim priority to the JP application, the US patent applciation must be filed in the US by:   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate. I did not get exactly what I wanted, but I got close to what I wanted. Definitely negotiate! It can't hurt as long as you are being reasonable.

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Washington, DC

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Foley & Lardner in August 2010.

Interview Details – Partners seemed really tired and overworked. So did the senior associates. One the senior associates confused me with someone else and was not prepared for my interview. They are very slow in getting back to you. Seems like they do mostly patent prosecution and will pigeon hole you into prosecution or litigation.

Interview Question – Why Foley Lardner?   Answer Question

Worked for Foley & Lardner? Contribute to the Community!