Follett Higher Education Group Store Manager Interview Questions

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Follett Higher Education Group.

Interview

Interview started off as a phone screen with a recruiter. They ask basic questions you would expect for a retail management position: personal background to get you comfortable, detailed questions about your experience, etc... The next interview was with the regional manager. Again, very similar interview except they will try to get to know you more as you will have a possibility of working with them. Last interview was with the potential campus contact. I've had two different versions: the first had a very similar feel where they will give you the same questions everyone else has asked, the second would just be a sit down and get to know one another. It really depends on how much of a hand the school plays in the hiring process, or if they care.

Interview Questions

• They will probe about potential weaknesses on your resume. Just be ready to address.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will LOWBALL you like crazy! Do your research and have reasoning for your counter to theirs. Price of living in the potential area, everything! Have things laid out and even let them know if it will be putting you and your family in a better situation. Be prepared to walk away. I did, and it worked.

Other Interview Reviews for Follett Higher Education Group

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I was a transitioned employee. If your college or university is considering bringing in Follett then start updating your resume immediately and run for the hlls.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was made whole but it was not worth it.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Follett Higher Education Group in May 2010.

Interview

HR interview, regional manager, school interview. They focused on education and past performance. I had to pass a phone interview, then another phone interview, then a one on one with the regional manager, then finally the school committee.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you handled a difficult situation and had a positive outcome   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much negotiating room

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Follett Higher Education Group in September 2009.

Interview

Heavy emphasis on previous retail experience, behaviorial interview questions, start at entry-level opportunity to progress.

Interview Questions

• What type of cereal would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very unwilling to budge on any negotiation points.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Follett Higher Education Group in June 2009.

Interview

First you go through an internal application process. Then a recruiter contacts you to notify you if you will be interviewed or weren't qualified to apply. The recruiters are nice and seem caring. After you go through the interview they ask you about your salary expectations and send their notes to the hiring manager. You interview with your potential boss and then wait to see if you got the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer service situation did not end in your favor.   Answer Question