Follett

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Follett.

Initially applied online. Brief online application. Reeived phone call within a week offering me a position temporary part-time. Interview was short and by phone. Offer of employment was made at end of interview.

Educational Consultant Interview

I have never, ever been treated as rudely during an interview process as I was at Follett. After a phone interview and an interview in Woodridge, The interview went about 45 minutes over because we were chatting it up ...a good sign, I thought. I followed up several times by email and phone. I finally got in touch with the person who I had interviewed with. She said they didn't have their budget set but should by July. First, you were interviewing for a position you had no money for? And if that was a lie and you didn't think I was a fit, go ahead and let me know. I called back in July, as she told me to do, no response.

Companies are under no obligation to write or inform candidates of rejection, much like a person who gets a gift is not obligated to write a thank you letter. The polite ones do it anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Name a difficult situation you had to overcome at your job?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Follett in April 2014.

Was pretty easy and professional. She asked common questions and they were simple. The interview was one on one. I think that it went very well and no one should be afraid to apply!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockton, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Follett in January 2014.

I was called and scheduled an interview. The manager and I went over expected responsibilities, pay rate, and scheduling.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Asked about problem solving examples, how I would deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Follett.

Interview with District Manager. Interview with Regional Manager. Background check. Hair follicle drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Typical situational interview questions.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, They hire you in at the absolute minimum they can, then deny you raises for various reasons.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Follett in July 2011.

I first applied to work at the college book store when I saw the "help wanted" posters on the doors. I received a phone call about two weeks later from one of the more experienced employees. I screened the call at first and called the store back immediately. The woman was very friendly and only asked me one question (once i told her who I was and what I was calling the store for). She asked me if I "wanted to come in for an interview with the manager tomorrow at noon." I of course said, "yes". We said goodbye and hung up. I went to my interview 15 minutes early. The staff told me to just look around the store for a while since the manager was conducting another interview. I wandered around the store for about 20 minutes (the last interview ran a little late). The manager and cashier located me in the store and I walked back to a small office with the manager. He was very friendly and easy to talk to. The only "interview" question I was really asked was about computer knowledge. We chatted for about an hour and he informed me of my duties and what to expect. He asked when I wanted to start. I was offered the job at the interview. I am scheduled to start work tomorrow morning with 2-3 others. All in all it was a great interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potsdam, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potsdam, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Follett in June 2011.

I got a call back almost a week after i submitted my application. Formal attire was necessary and I was brought into the manager's office where he and the textbook manager both questioned me on my work history and my ability to speak the listed languages. We then discussed hours that best suited me and i got the job. easy. from there i had to do virtual and video training took about an hour or two. no big deal.

Interview Questions
    • its a bookstore they asked if i was comfortable talking to customers about books and if i can do the typical cashier stuff. handling monies and hold down a presentable counter   Answer Question
    hours.

Warehouse Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Follett in June 2010.

They need lots of help during the summer. Got a call and interviewed a few days later, they asked when I wanted to start. Relatively painless.

Shipping and Receiving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Follett in January 2009.

Pretty comforting environment. The managers are easy to relate to and easy to communicate with. They seem like regular human beings; not at all too intimidating. They treat you like equals.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do in a case where I was working on my own and had customers waiting, as well as the phones going off?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McHenry, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McHenry, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Follett in September 2008.

Interview process consisted of initial meeting with Hiring Manager. Then a second interview, again with Highering Manager and 2 VPs. After the second interview an offer was made. No room for negotiation