Follett

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Brockton, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Follett in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was called and scheduled an interview. The manager and I went over expected responsibilities, pay rate, and scheduling.

Interview Question – No technical questions. Asked about problem solving examples, how I would deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Shipping and Receiving Interview

Shipping and Receiving
San Bernardino, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Follett in January 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty comforting environment. The managers are easy to relate to and easy to communicate with. They seem like regular human beings; not at all too intimidating. They treat you like equals.

Interview Question – What would I do in a case where I was working on my own and had customers waiting, as well as the phones going off?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Follett.

Interview Details – Interview with District Manager. Interview with Regional Manager. Background check. Hair follicle drug screen.

Interview Question – Typical situational interview questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, They hire you in at the absolute minimum they can, then deny you raises for various reasons.

Potsdam, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Follett in June 2011.

Interview Details – I got a call back almost a week after i submitted my application. Formal attire was necessary and I was brought into the manager's office where he and the textbook manager both questioned me on my work history and my ability to speak the listed languages. We then discussed hours that best suited me and i got the job. easy. from there i had to do virtual and video training took about an hour or two. no big deal.

Interview Question – its a bookstore they asked if i was comfortable talking to customers about books and if i can do the typical cashier stuff. handling monies and hold down a presentable counter   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – hours.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
McHenry, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Follett in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of initial meeting with Hiring Manager. Then a second interview, again with Highering Manager and 2 VPs. After the second interview an offer was made. No room for negotiation

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Daytona Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Follett in July 2011.

Interview Details – I first applied to work at the college book store when I saw the "help wanted" posters on the doors. I received a phone call about two weeks later from one of the more experienced employees. I screened the call at first and called the store back immediately. The woman was very friendly and only asked me one question (once i told her who I was and what I was calling the store for). She asked me if I "wanted to come in for an interview with the manager tomorrow at noon." I of course said, "yes". We said goodbye and hung up. I went to my interview 15 minutes early. The staff told me to just look around the store for a while since the manager was conducting another interview. I wandered around the store for about 20 minutes (the last interview ran a little late). The manager and cashier located me in the store and I walked back to a small office with the manager. He was very friendly and easy to talk to. The only "interview" question I was really asked was about computer knowledge. We chatted for about an hour and he informed me of my duties and what to expect. He asked when I wanted to start. I was offered the job at the interview. I am scheduled to start work tomorrow morning with 2-3 others. All in all it was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

Warehouse Stocker Interview

Warehouse Stocker
Woodridge, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Follett in June 2010.

Interview Details – They need lots of help during the summer. Got a call and interviewed a few days later, they asked when I wanted to start. Relatively painless.

Interview Question – Again, the interview is really easy...   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Follett? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Follett interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Follett employees and interview candidates.